DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/book-talk-18/)
-   -   Before I go to sleep. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/book-talk/597389-before-i-go-sleep.html)

Larry C. 12-16-11 12:45 AM

Before I go to sleep.

I'm not much of a reader but I just started reading this book and I love it. If anyone has read this can you please recommend some books that are similar?

Septemberbaby 12-16-11 08:01 AM

Re: Before I go to sleep.

Originally Posted by Larry C. (Post 11044447)
I'm not a much of a reader but I just started reading this book and I love it. If anyone has read this can you please recommend some books that are similar?

You have to tell what book you're reading first. ;)

superdeluxe 12-16-11 08:18 AM

This is what happens when you read before you go to sleep..you forget the title of the book you are reading. :)

Jason Bovberg 12-16-11 08:55 AM

I'll be curious to know this too, once the OP wakes up.

Larry C. 12-16-11 10:13 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X4vARZRDiu...600/before.jpg

All of you ...... Buttholes.

Who would have known there would be such funny members here in booktalk.

Septemberbaby 12-16-11 12:35 PM

rotflrotflrotfl

Glad I'm not the only one who had no clue the title of the book was the title of your thread. I honestly thought you wanted to know before you went to sleep! ;)

superdeluxe 12-16-11 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 11044877)
rotflrotflrotfl

Glad I'm not the only one who had no clue the title of the book was the title of your thread. I honestly thought you wanted to know before you went to sleep! ;)

oh crap, I totally did not think that was the title of the book...I thought you were talking about reading books before going to sleep heh.

Larry C. 12-16-11 01:33 PM

Well I guess I'm not gonna get any help here. :lol:

Septemberbaby 12-16-11 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C. (Post 11044949)
Well I guess I'm not gonna get any help here. :lol:

Well, not only were you not clear about what you were looking for.. but you also expect us to log onto Amazon and search for it and read the description for ourselves??? Geez!

Here ... I did the work for you: Before I Go to Sleep
It actually doesn't look like a bad book and if it was under 10 bucks (my limit on eBooks) I would have bought it.

Larry C. 12-16-11 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 11045038)
Well, not only were you not clear about what you were looking for.. but you also expect us to log onto Amazon and search for it and read the description for ourselves??? Geez!

Here ... I did the work for you: Before I Go to Sleep
It actually doesn't look like a bad book and if it was under 10 bucks (my limit on eBooks) I would have bought it.

How is please recommend me some similar books not clear?

No wonder no one posts in booktalk.

Septemberbaby 12-16-11 05:01 PM

It wasn't clear to the three of us that responded! We all thought you wanted a book before you went to sleep.

And relax ... I was just joking with you. ;)

Jason Bovberg 12-16-11 05:56 PM

It's actually funny you should post this, because I've been searching around for a first edition, as it's been getting a lot of year-end good press. I haven't read it, but the comparison with "Memento" makes me curious. As far as other thrillers about memory, I'm afraid I can only point to other movies, like "The Lookout."

Jason Bovberg 12-31-11 01:42 PM

Larry, curious whether you finished this one. I finished it last night, and I found the ending just laughably bad. A good start, but it devolved pretty quickly for me.