Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

The islamic anti-christ

Old 11-04-11, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,497 Likes on 946 Posts
Re: The islamic anti-christ

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Where does it say that?
Only part I can remember is the Sodomon & Goremorra cities being destroyed by God.
http://scripturetext.com/leviticus/20-13.htm
Old 11-04-11, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Upon Jesus 2nd coming that's when Satan is chained for 1,000 years. This has not happened yet.
Jesus for 1,000 years rules on earth and then Satan is freed and Satan gathers armies for one last battle. Then Satan is thrown into the lake of fire forever.
Something to think about what bunch of idiots would follow Satan after being ruled by Jesus for 1,000 years? People who don't like the way Jesus is running things. Liberals maybe?
But Obama is Jesus. So what you're saying is YOU follow the devil!

BOOM, TWIST!
Old 11-05-11, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
O.k., I remember those now. But that was a point in the start of mankind when God just handed out or was about to hand out the 10 commandments.
So he was laying down the law. Now can some goof go and kill off gays and say it's in the Bible so he did it? No.
What the gays do is between the gays and God on judgement day.
Old 11-05-11, 10:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
But Obama is Jesus. So what you're saying is YOU follow the devil!

BOOM, TWIST!
Here's where we are at as far as Bible book of Revelation.
The whole world is in deep trouble as far economy goes. This is going to lead to a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. Watch the news and it's never been like this with all forums of government failing. Kinda hard to imagine America having to join a One World Order but as you see the protesters on Wall St. would love that.
So when you see the One World Order there has to be a leader of this.
The ant-christ will be the leader.
Just finished the book cd and I rate it B. Only the last disc which is 9 was boring. If disc 1 & 2 don't keep your interest don't listen anymore and pop in Radiohead cds.
Old 11-06-11, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 382 Likes on 271 Posts

Liberals maybe?
That stuff is all fake. But the idea of liberals following Satan is funny. He'd have the most unreliable minions ever. What a management nightmare.

If a biblical apocalypse does come during my lifetime, that would be kick ass. We'll fight back to back, Mr. Lopez.
Old 11-06-11, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by troystiffler
That stuff is all fake. But the idea of liberals following Satan is funny. He'd have the most unreliable minions ever. What a management nightmare.

If a biblical apocalypse does come during my lifetime, that would be kick ass. We'll fight back to back, Mr. Lopez.
Get this book so you can see what your in for.
Old 11-07-11, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.k., I remember those now. But that was a point in the start of mankind when God just handed out or was about to hand out the 10 commandments.
So he was laying down the law. Now can some goof go and kill off gays and say it's in the Bible so he did it? No.
What the gays do is between the gays and God on judgement day.
Can you please tell us at what point in the bible the things God says actually count please. This would be useful information.
Old 11-07-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mmm... Radiohead.

I didn't know the bible actually had that written about gay people. I had heard from other people but seeing it written, damn. That shit ain't right.

I think that the same people crying about a new world order, the anti-christ and the end days are the same people that actually want those things to happen. They don't find a lot of meaning in their lives so they want to be a part of something big and what could be bigger than the coming apocalypse? The movie "Melancholia" speaks to that a certain extant. The end of the world is not something to be romanticized. Jesus and his pals won't be descending from the heavens to save you. It will just end.
Old 11-07-11, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Mmm... Radiohead.

I didn't know the bible actually had that written about gay people. I had heard from other people but seeing it written, damn. That shit ain't right.

I think that the same people crying about a new world order, the anti-christ and the end days are the same people that actually want those things to happen. They don't find a lot of meaning in their lives so they want to be a part of something big and what could be bigger than the coming apocalypse? The movie "Melancholia" speaks to that a certain extant. The end of the world is not something to be romanticized. Jesus and his pals won't be descending from the heavens to save you. It will just end.
That's why this book is good reading for people that think like you.
You have heard the Christian side now here is the side from the fastest growing religion.
Old 11-07-11, 06:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Burnt Thru
Can you please tell us at what point in the bible the things God says actually count please. This would be useful information.
It all counts. But you have to read it from beginning to end and things take a twist when Jesus is born.
Old 11-07-11, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So later parts of the Bible contradict earlier ones? Then God changed his mind, which means he is not omniscient and infallible, which means that at least some claims in the Bible are lies.

Therefore, why should I listen to anything he says?
Old 11-08-11, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
So later parts of the Bible contradict earlier ones? Then God changed his mind, which means he is not omniscient and infallible, which means that at least some claims in the Bible are lies.

Therefore, why should I listen to anything he says?
No, it's kinda like at 1st he made Adam & Eve so when that didn't turn out right he had the Noah's ark flood thing to start over. When that didn't work out God tried Moses, then King David, King Soloman and then God sent Jesus.
Bottom line is Jesus is that last chance God has given mankind and it's all in the Bible. Just cause one reads the Bible doesn't make you wise and good just look at all the fake preachers over the years.
Old 11-11-11, 12:09 PM

Just cause one reads the Bible doesn't make you wise and good...
Delicious, delicious irony...

Last edited by lattethunder; 11-16-11 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-16-11, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, it's kinda like at 1st he made Adam & Eve so when that didn't turn out right he had the Noah's ark flood thing to start over. When that didn't work out God tried Moses, then King David, King Soloman and then God sent Jesus.
You've just listed a whole bunch of failure from this "God". Why should anyone want to follow this loser?
Old 11-16-11, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You've just listed a whole bunch of failure from this "God". Why should anyone want to follow this loser?
They aren't failures. God created angels, who are perfect, and who praise His name. Then God created humans with free will, and the ability to be disobedient.

The expulsion from Eden, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and everyone in them except for one guy and his daughters, the Flood and the destruction of everyone on Earth except for one guy, his sons, and his sons' wives, the enslavement in Egypt, the wandering forty years in the desert, the plague which killed tens of thousands during the reign of David, the captivity in Babylon, and the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem by the Romans were all examples of God chastising people for abusing their ability to be disobedient. None of those events were the result of a failure on God's part.
Old 11-16-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They aren't failures. God created angels, who are perfect, and who praise His name. Then God created humans with free will, and the ability to be disobedient.

The expulsion from Eden, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and everyone in them except for one guy and his daughters, the Flood and the destruction of everyone on Earth except for one guy, his sons, and his sons' wives, the enslavement in Egypt, the wandering forty years in the desert, the captivity in Babylon, and the plague which killed tens of thousands during the reign of David were all examples of God's chastising people for abusing their ability to be disobedient. None of those events were the result of a failure on God's part.
Wait wait, so you think all these events actually happened?
Old 11-16-11, 08:08 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Wait wait, so you think all these events actually happened?
I read the same thing and never once thought he believed any of those things, instead I thought what a good grasp of Christian theology. I don't know whether or not Nick Danger believes it or not, but he does have a working knowledge of the intellectual underpinnings behind Judeo-Christian theology.
Old 11-16-11, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm an agnostic, but I don't see any point of making the "invisible bearded man in the sky" type of strawman attacks. I can't have a rational discussion with someone if I don't know the basis of his arguments.
Old 11-16-11, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The expulsion from Eden, the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and everyone in them except for one guy and his daughters, the Flood and the destruction of everyone on Earth except for one guy, his sons, and his sons' wives, the enslavement in Egypt, the wandering forty years in the desert, the plague which killed tens of thousands during the reign of David, the captivity in Babylon, and the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem by the Romans were all examples of God chastising people for abusing their ability to be disobedient. None of those events were the result of a failure on God's part.
You're list contains mass death both by the gentle embrace of nature and the cruel hands of mankind. Are you suggesting that God took away the will of the men who carried out the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem just so he could get his revenge in? That seems like a strange thing to do.

As to free will and angels and all that.. surely God was smart enough to know that absolute power corrupts absolutely. He sounds a little lacking in the brainpower department in the Old Testament stories. The stories all sound like a parent who is struggling to teach his children the correct way to live. Not a very powerful, wise or intelligent god in that case.
Old 11-16-11, 01:24 PM
FM

You're making the mistake of thinking something can be wrong independent of God. You need to read up on William Lane Craig. He'll let you know that anything God commands is just, including the slaughter of infants. In fact, the only people that really suffer in such a case, according to WLC, are the soliders of God carrying out the orders.
Old 11-18-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You're list contains mass death both by the gentle embrace of nature and the cruel hands of mankind. Are you suggesting that God took away the will of the men who carried out the destruction of the Temple of Jerusalem just so he could get his revenge in? That seems like a strange thing to do.

As to free will and angels and all that.. surely God was smart enough to know that absolute power corrupts absolutely. He sounds a little lacking in the brainpower department in the Old Testament stories. The stories all sound like a parent who is struggling to teach his children the correct way to live. Not a very powerful, wise or intelligent god in that case.
Much better.

If Romans destroyed the temple simply because God willed it, how is that free will? If God is perfect, why did he create Man so childish and flawed?

I don't know what the answers are. But those sort of questions are a lot more powerful than simply calling someone else's god a "loser." It might even get them to think about what they've been taught.
Old 11-19-11, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Much better.

If Romans destroyed the temple simply because God willed it, how is that free will? If God is perfect, why did he create Man so childish and flawed?

I don't know what the answers are. But those sort of questions are a lot more powerful than simply calling someone else's god a "loser." It might even get them to think about what they've been taught.
You haven't played this game before have you. Good luck with getting answers to any questions..
Old 11-19-11, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FM
You're making the mistake of thinking something can be wrong independent of God. You need to read up on William Lane Craig. He'll let you know that anything God commands is just, including the slaughter of infants. In fact, the only people that really suffer in such a case, according to WLC, are the soliders of God carrying out the orders.
I had a look at that William Lane Craig fella - seems a decent sort of nutter. Actually went to my Uni and attended another I've presented at, though I suspect that is where our similarities begin and end.
Old 11-19-11, 08:39 AM
FM

I had a look at that William Lane Craig fella - seems a decent sort of nutter. Actually went to my Uni and attended another I've presented at, though I suspect that is where our similarities begin and end.
I apologize if I led to your brain being broken. But no refunds

Last edited by FM; 11-19-11 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Goofy smiley
Old 11-19-11, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FM
I apologize if I led to your brain being broken. But no refunds
Interesting line in confused sentence structure you're peddling there. The effect of WLC?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.