Reload this Page >

Dark Tower - Plume paperback versions

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Old 01-17-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently (within the last year) got into Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I got the Plume paperback versions of books 1-4, evidently expanded versions of the books:

I've been anxiously awaiting the Plume version of Wolves of the Calla for about 6 months, mainly just so my paperback set matches (weak excuse, I know). But so far, the only paperback versions I have seen are from Pocket books and Scribner. Is a Plume version coming soon? Or will I have to wait a number of years yet? Stephen King's website mentions a mass paperback coming in "2006" ... but doesn't mention the publisher.
Old 01-17-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Morf
I recently (within the last year) got into Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I got the Plume paperback versions of books 1-4, evidently expanded versions of the books:

I've been anxiously awaiting the Plume version of Wolves of the Calla for about 6 months, mainly just so my paperback set matches (weak excuse, I know). But so far, the only paperback versions I have seen are from Pocket books and Scribner. Is a Plume version coming soon? Or will I have to wait a number of years yet? Stephen King's website mentions a mass paperback coming in "2006" ... but doesn't mention the publisher.
Unless something strange happens in the future, there won't be Plume editions of the last three DT books -- Scribner and Pocket hold the rights to them.
Old 01-17-06, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by WillieTheShakes
Unless something strange happens in the future, there won't be Plume editions of the last three DT books -- Scribner and Pocket hold the rights to them.
Grr.

Well, if this is true, I guess I'l just go out and buy whatever's available. I really liked the Plume versions, especially the creepy illustrations.
Old 01-17-06, 03:38 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The illustrations are common to all the printings, Scribner and Pocket included.
Old 01-17-06, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stoney
The illustrations are common to all the printings, Scribner and Pocket included.
Well, at least that is good news. Too bad book 5 is going to stick out like a sore thumb next to the cool matte black covers of books 1-4, but oh well. I guess I can live.
Old 01-17-06, 05:39 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yah, I do prefer the covers of 1-4, but the 7 cover is pretty slick.
Old 01-19-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,676 Posts
I don't worry about matching, because my set of Dark Tower books are all over the place (hardcovers of 4-7, plus 3 different paperback versions of the first 3 books).
Old 01-26-06, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw the small pocketbooks (I think) paperback edition of book 5 is out. It's a $10 paperback. Can't believe we have $10 paperbacks now. I remember my mother yelling at me because I wanted some 2.95 paperback in the early 80s. LOL
Old 01-26-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Stoney
Yah, I do prefer the covers of 1-4, but the 7 cover is pretty slick.
I've never had that problem. Maybe your hands are oily? Have you tried maybe reading while wearing those slightly tacky gloves that NFL players use?
Old 01-26-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by cultshock
I don't worry about matching, because my set of Dark Tower books are all over the place (hardcovers of 4-7, plus 3 different paperback versions of the first 3 books).
Sounds like what I have.