Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Dark Tower - Plume paperback versions

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Dark Tower - Plume paperback versions

Old 01-17-06, 03:19 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 3,509
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dark Tower - Plume paperback versions

I recently (within the last year) got into Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I got the Plume paperback versions of books 1-4, evidently expanded versions of the books:

I've been anxiously awaiting the Plume version of Wolves of the Calla for about 6 months, mainly just so my paperback set matches (weak excuse, I know). But so far, the only paperback versions I have seen are from Pocket books and Scribner. Is a Plume version coming soon? Or will I have to wait a number of years yet? Stephen King's website mentions a mass paperback coming in "2006" ... but doesn't mention the publisher.
Old 01-17-06, 03:22 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,057
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Morf
I recently (within the last year) got into Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I got the Plume paperback versions of books 1-4, evidently expanded versions of the books:

I've been anxiously awaiting the Plume version of Wolves of the Calla for about 6 months, mainly just so my paperback set matches (weak excuse, I know). But so far, the only paperback versions I have seen are from Pocket books and Scribner. Is a Plume version coming soon? Or will I have to wait a number of years yet? Stephen King's website mentions a mass paperback coming in "2006" ... but doesn't mention the publisher.
Unless something strange happens in the future, there won't be Plume editions of the last three DT books -- Scribner and Pocket hold the rights to them.
Old 01-17-06, 03:27 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 3,509
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillieTheShakes
Unless something strange happens in the future, there won't be Plume editions of the last three DT books -- Scribner and Pocket hold the rights to them.
Grr.

Well, if this is true, I guess I'l just go out and buy whatever's available. I really liked the Plume versions, especially the creepy illustrations.
Old 01-17-06, 03:38 PM
  #4  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: West Lafayette, IN, USA
Posts: 885
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The illustrations are common to all the printings, Scribner and Pocket included.
Old 01-17-06, 03:49 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 3,509
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoney
The illustrations are common to all the printings, Scribner and Pocket included.
Well, at least that is good news. Too bad book 5 is going to stick out like a sore thumb next to the cool matte black covers of books 1-4, but oh well. I guess I can live.
Old 01-17-06, 05:39 PM
  #6  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: West Lafayette, IN, USA
Posts: 885
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah, I do prefer the covers of 1-4, but the 7 cover is pretty slick.
Old 01-19-06, 10:53 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
cultshock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: True North Strong & Free
Posts: 24,121
Received 2,485 Likes on 1,676 Posts
I don't worry about matching, because my set of Dark Tower books are all over the place (hardcovers of 4-7, plus 3 different paperback versions of the first 3 books).
Old 01-26-06, 10:51 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
MBoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: AUSTIN - Land of Mexican Coke
Posts: 3,921
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw the small pocketbooks (I think) paperback edition of book 5 is out. It's a $10 paperback. Can't believe we have $10 paperbacks now. I remember my mother yelling at me because I wanted some 2.95 paperback in the early 80s. LOL
Old 01-26-06, 01:43 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoney
Yah, I do prefer the covers of 1-4, but the 7 cover is pretty slick.
I've never had that problem. Maybe your hands are oily? Have you tried maybe reading while wearing those slightly tacky gloves that NFL players use?
Old 01-26-06, 03:45 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 62,588
Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by cultshock
I don't worry about matching, because my set of Dark Tower books are all over the place (hardcovers of 4-7, plus 3 different paperback versions of the first 3 books).
Sounds like what I have.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.