Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Malazan fans, where to get book 3 in trade PB?

Old 04-06-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Malazan fans, where to get book 3 in trade PB?

A question for you Malazan series fans out there. Anyone know where I can get a copy of Memories of Ice in Trade Paperback for a decent price? I don't really want to wait for the US edition, but also don't want to pay $50+ for the UK trade. Not interested in the Mass Market that's out now in the UK either.

I can't believe how much the UK trades are going for. I've got the first book unread in that format (also have US HC) and now that I see they're selling for $60+ a copy I'm thinking I should sell the thing. I'm more of a reader than a collector.

I'm about 80 pages from finishing Deadhouse Gates. Love this series, it ranks with the best stuff out there.

Thanks
Old 04-07-05, 12:47 PM

I am pretty sure that by the time Memories of Ice came out, Canada was getting the trade paperbacks, but I don't remember 100%. (I'm Canadian, fwiw). I don't see the trade listed on www.amazon.ca so it may be out of print.

It's possible that I got a UK copy from a store that got them in directly. Sorry.
Old 04-07-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't realize Deadhouse Gates had been released in the U.S. Cool!

I don't remember too much from Gardens of the Moon. Do I need to reread it before Deadhouse Gates, or is there enough recap, etc. to jog my memory?
Old 04-08-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You probably wouldn't need to reread it. It would help if you remember some of the characters & a few of the major events.

BTW; disregard my question on where to get Memories of Ice. I decided to just get the Mass Market PB and it's on the way.

Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-08-05 at 01:46 PM.