Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Where to get all of the Sin City TPB's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to get all of the Sin City TPB's?

So I wanted to get all of the Sin City TPB's, but I am having a hard time finding someplace that carries them all (and being in stock). Any ideas on where I could find these?
Old 12-23-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
try

www.talesofwonder.com
Old 12-23-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Being in Orlando, Colesium of Comics doesnt have them? If you go the one on OBT, they usually have the best stock than the rest. There is a place on Semoran in Casselberry, I forgot the name, they always seem to have a good collection as well.
Old 12-24-04, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Yeah, I'm surprised Coliseum of Comics wouldn't have them. They were always really stocked up well when I went.

Sci Fi City was also a decent place to get some tpb's since they had a nice wall full of various titles. You should be alright in those two spots to get them.
Old 12-24-04, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Being in Orlando, Colesium of Comics doesnt have them? If you go the one on OBT, they usually have the best stock than the rest. There is a place on Semoran in Casselberry, I forgot the name, they always seem to have a good collection as well.

I haven't tried any B&M stores yet, was going to wait after the holidays. I did find most of them between amazon and talesofwonder.com except for The Big Fat Kill, seems that one is pretty hard to find. I'll probably hit up Coliseum of Comics next week and see what they have first.
Old 12-24-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think they're all being re-released soon, with new covers, if they haven't been already.
Old 12-25-04, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Yeah, they're re-releasing all of the Sin City TPBs in the months leading up to the release of the movie, but they're going to be in a smaller (manga) size with new cover designs.

So if you already have some of the Sin City TPBs in the older format and want to finish off your collection with the older size/format, you'll want the older editions. Or just prefer that size.

Dark Horse has apparently reprinted all of the Sin City TPBs in the larger size (with the exception of The Big Fat Kill), so they should be available from bookstores and comic shops.
Old 12-25-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Here's an article on the TPBs, as well as the new cover design. (Personally, I don't care for it. I like the old "SIN CITY" logo better.)

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/5783.html
Old 12-25-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, they're re-releasing all of the Sin City TPBs in the months leading up to the release of the movie, but they're going to be in a smaller (manga) size with new cover designs.

So if you already have some of the Sin City TPBs in the older format and want to finish off your collection with the older size/format, you'll want the older editions. Or just prefer that size.

Dark Horse has apparently reprinted all of the Sin City TPBs in the larger size (with the exception of The Big Fat Kill), so they should be available from bookstores and comic shops.
Was The Big Fat Kill ever printed in TPB 7x10 format? I wanted to get all of them in the format, but it sounds like I will need to get the hardcover version of The Big Fat Kill.

Tomorrow I think I will check out my local B&N, and if I don't have any luck there, I will try Coliseum of Comics later in the week.
Old 12-25-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have the regular sized TPB of the Big Fat Kill, so it was produced like that, at some point (all my TPBs of Sin City are the same size).