Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

New book: Great Acting in Horror Movies

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

New book: Great Acting in Horror Movies

Old 03-12-04, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Acting in Horror Movies

From the Shameless Self-Promotion Department...

My book, SMIRK, SNEER AND SCREAM: GREAT ACTING IN HORROR CINEMA is now available for pre-order from McFarland & Co.

Here's a url...

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/action.l...id=33794&-find

Please note that I did NOT write the text that describes my book! Here's how I would describe it:

The book (SMIRK, SNEER AND SCREAM: GREAT ACTING IN HORROR CINEMA)provides a high-level overview of how actors and the characters they created helped shape the history of the genre, with in-depth analysis of all the performances I deem to be "great" and shorter takes on additional performances I consider almost-great. Although much has been written about some of these movies in the past, this is the first book to focus specifically on the acting aspect.

I can almost guarantee that nobody will agree with everything I have to say! But that’s OK. My goal is to inspire debate; to provide the first word, rather than the last word, on this subject. I tried to keep my approach lively and not overly academic, so it should be a fun read.

Noted film historian Tom Weaver copy edited the book and had very encouraging things to say about it.
Old 03-12-04, 12:25 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Sounds interesting. It's a good idea for a book. Unfortunately, nowadays the only "acting" in horror movies involves wearing a tight shirt and screaming in the rain.