Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

ONE AND ONLY: Amazon "Share the Love" for Book Talk .... [merged & updated]

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-02, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comic TPB Share the Love

I plan on buying the Universe X, Earth X and Black Panther: Enemy of the State tpbs. If anyone else would like to be in my Share the Love, email me, [email protected], or post here by Thursday the 24th, 4pm Pacific and I'll put you on my list.
Old 07-08-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

share the love for book forum?

has there been any progress at getting this started yet? i know that there are quite a few graphic novels/TPB's coming out soon that i would like and was wondering if there has been any more discussion on attempting to get a share the love thing going.
Old 08-11-02, 04:48 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it is probably best to use the resource elsewhere on the forum: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=148920

Benedict
<small>(I'll leave this thread here open for anyone that wants to use it).</small>
Old 08-11-02, 08:32 AM

STL

A while back, I created a catagory on the DVDTalk STL System labelled "*** ALL Graphic Novels / TPBs ***". In retrospect, I probably should have titled it "ALL Comic Books / Graphic Novels / TPBs", to make it more immediately identifiable. While this doesn't take care of those buying regular books, those buying comics should add all the names signed up to their Amazon Friends lists.
Old 08-11-02, 10:00 AM
Mod Emeritus

AI

Although I did look through one of those lists many moons ago and put various names for STL when I last made a purchase, I've not really got involved in this because I rarely use Amazon these days.

Anyone using the DVDTalk system for this please read Geoff's first post in the thread I referenced above - and also some of the follow-ups. It explains a little how things work and not to post to that thread itself unless you have queries.

If it is a simple process, and one doesn't already exist, perhaps someone can add a dedicated book category? Or categories!
Old 08-11-02, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally posted by benedict
If it is a simple process, and one doesn't already exist, perhaps someone can add a dedicated book category? Or categories!
I think there is an All Books category. I'm pretty sure I signed up for it, though I haven't received any Love from it. When I signed up 2 weeks ago, there were only 5 other members in that category.

However, with B&N's free shipping with the purchase of 2 books and all books published in 2002 being at least 30% off, I've been making most of my book purchases at BN.com.
Old 08-11-02, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yo i would love for some STL on that stuff

[email protected]
Old 08-13-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Graphic novels/collections for me - especially Japanese collections (Ranma, Maisson Ikoku, Dragonball)

[email protected]
Old 08-13-02, 01:00 PM
Mod Emeritus

Hmmm....

Dedicated explanation thread DVDTalk dedicated STL page
Old 08-15-02, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if anyone starts buying any graphic novels, just send me a stl plz
Old 08-23-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i will probably be placing an order for a few hardcovers in the next week or so if anyone is interested...

ultimate x-men hc
the absolute authority
(if i can find it at amazon. right now it doesn't show up anywhere except bn.com)
captain america:red, white and blue

anyone interested in love?
Old 08-24-02, 04:19 AM
Mod Emeritus

Perhaps Book Talkers could follow the links I and Al Infinitum posted higher up the thread and check out the system in place for organising all this (and report back)?

<small>The two smilies in my last post are also click-able</small>
Old 10-04-02, 11:08 AM

i am getting White Oleander (Oprah's Book Club) (Paperback) (for my sister i swear) so if anyone wants love on that email me or post a reply, you have a the rest of the day...or till i get bored and place the order
Old 10-05-02, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by benedict
Perhaps Book Talkers could follow the links I and Al Infinitum posted higher up the thread and check out the system in place for organising all this (and report back)?

<small>The two smilies in my last post are also click-able</small>
What system? The STL system? Yeah, I got that, but are you saying there is a STL page dedicated to BOOKS? Sorry, I just don't see that info here, so I can't report back. If there is one, fill me in please.

The problem with using the DVDTalk STL page is when you want to browse books, you have to browse through a gajillion dvd titles. If we start adding individual book titles to the current list, they'll just file in with the dvds, making one big mess. If I buy, say, Robert McCammon's new book and list it, what are the chances someone is gonna think to look in the DVDTalk dvd STL list? Nil. I do see an All Novels, Books, Fiction section, but I don't want all books. And what about nonfiction? I guess I'll go make that category now, but still, those are pretty broad categories.

Last edited by Mutley Hyde; 10-05-02 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-05-02, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just added a bunch of generic entries, with "*** All Books, (type) ***" for anyone who is interested. Categories so far...
Horror
Science Fiction
Fantasy
Literature
Nonfiction
History
Political/Current Events

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. At least this way, they're all in one plase, but it'd still be cool to have individual titles batched together. I guess we could list individual book titles as something like "*** Book; (Title) ***", so they wouldn't be al over the place.

Any ideas? Without a consensus on format, I don't see listing books on the current page as working too well.
Old 10-05-02, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
You'll do even better at www.alldirect.com, who is offering free shipping over $49. 36% off and more on new books. They also sell CDs damn cheap. Some hard to get imports too. They're great. Never had a problem with them.

Even with STL I doubt you could do better at Amazon.
Old 10-07-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Eric. AllDirect doesn't have coupons like Amazon, but with the free shipping, they come out on top. Last night I ordered Robert McCammon's "Speaks the Nightbird", Gary Hart's "Restoration of the Republic; The Jeffersonian Ideal in 21st-Century America, "Unequal Protection: The Rise of Corporate Dominance and the Theft of Human Rights" by Thom Hartmann, and "Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists Criminals & Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores" by Michelle Malkin.

$109.80 worth of brand new hardbacks, none from any major publishers (who can afford to sell cheaper), all for $65.88 shipped (40% off cover for the lot). Not bad Eric, not bad.
Old 10-08-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
There's a TPB share the love thread going on on this board: No one has signed up for awhile though, it needs some fresh blood.
http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/moorg/...num=1030253980
Old 10-09-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dang folks, AllDirect shipped my order the next day. Thanks again Eric - I think I have a new bookstore.
Old 10-09-02, 10:39 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
You're welcome. Alldirect is no secret, even when they charged shipping they were still cheaper than everyone else.

They have a big inventory. I only wish they were cheaper on DVDs, but for music they can be really good.
Old 03-03-03, 09:23 AM

? Share the love @ Amazon for books

Is this program for books too? Wasnt sure where to post this, but I thought the Book Talk was as good a place as any.
Thanks.
Old 03-03-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

we had a few threads bout this, if you want to do it, sign me up
[email protected]
Old 05-14-03, 06:01 PM

Amazon Share the Love for Upcoming Harry Potter Book

I searched this forum, and did not see a thread like this already going. Since the new Harry Potter Book 5 will be so popular, I thought others might be interested in participating as well. As many of you well know, when you purchase a book at Amazon.com, you can choose to "Share the Love" after you have submitted the order. Enter email addresses of interested friends, and they receive a 10% discount. When they use your referral, you too receive a 10% credit for a future Amazon purchase. The HP book is already 40% off MSRP (17.99), so another 10% off would make it a real bargain. Spend more than 25 bucks and shipping is free too.

Someone please Share the Love for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!

[email protected]

Thanks!

wojo
Old 05-16-03, 08:49 AM

I'd appreciate it if someone would STL me for this book too. (that's Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix)

[email protected]

Thanks!

Last edited by Marvin; 05-16-03 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-20-03, 11:09 PM

I would like some loving on the new Harry Potter book too please!!!
[email protected]

Thanks
John

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.