Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

New Lawrence Block - Scudder mystery!

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Old 10-07-01, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen too much talk about Lawrence Block in this forum (a search turned up two threads last spring). Block is a true New Yorker, and his Matt Scudder and Bernie Rohodenbarr novels all reflect a great love not only for the people of New York, but the achitecture and institutions as well. His new Scudder novel, Hope to Die is due out on 10/16, and I for one can't wait. If your tastes tend towards lighter fare, check out his "Burglar" (Bernie Rhodenbarr) series. These books are quick, funny, satifying reads that you'll hate to see end.

Block's going to be doing a reading at the Mystery Books on Halloween here in DC. I'm looking forward to hearing his take on not only the direction of his novels, but the spirit of the city in which they are almost all set. If any Block fans here in DC want to join me on the 31st - let me know!!
Old 10-10-01, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed. After discovering him only a few months ago, I'm excited about Hope To Die.