Reload this Page >

Vinegar Syndrome - Subscriber Week Sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Vinegar Syndrome - Subscriber Week Sale

Old 07-07-24, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 706 Likes on 520 Posts
Re: Vinegar Syndrome - Subscriber Week Sale

I wasn’t overly impressed with the 4K offerings today. Pretty sure I’ve seen most of these in previous sales, and even picked up a few then. I was thinking they might add some slightly newer-ish titles to the mix.

I bought CODE SANTA CLAUS just to complete the ‘punch card’, so that disc and the 700 points pushed me over $60 in points. And because VS shows me only Canadian pricing on products on the site (on my phone anyway), but leaves the points in U.S. funds, they’re actually worth about $82 CDN, so I split them up on individual orders for REPTILICUS, CHINESE TORTURE CHAMBER STORY, and INVASION USA, at prices cheaper than they’re likely to go on sale for (famous last words ).

At this point, there’s literally nothing left from this label that I want or need. Of course, some of the stuff I buy in these sales isn’t stuff I want or need, it’s just cheap, so I’m sure they’ll hook me with more low-sellers in the fall.
Old 07-07-24, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,012 Likes on 767 Posts

Yeah, it was a lot of rehashed titles today, but they were ones I didn't have, so I grabbed
MADMAN
EFFECTS

I found I was still one $20 purchase short of the 700, so I made a second visit for
MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS

Then with 4000+ points in hand I added
A CHINESE TORTURE CHAMBER STORY 1 and 2
RED ROCK WEST
and knocked $40 off the sticker price.
Old 07-08-24, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Did I really need Blood Cult on VHS? Sigh
Old 07-08-24, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 706 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Did I really need Blood Cult on VHS? Sigh
But, but, it lights up! And it’s priced for the rental market, so after a couple of weeks on the shelf at your video store you’ll be making pure profit, man!

(in fairness, I saw a couple of these tapes in the VS store and they’re pretty cool, but not fifty bucks cool).
Old 07-08-24, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As someone who's bought (as recent as the Halfway sale back in May) $8 slipcovers without discs, just to put on over the regular covers, I'll be the last person to shame anyone's Vinegar Syndrome purchases
Old 07-17-24, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. My stuff shipped out already. Must be because I included a pre-order. Because it's usually a month at least before I get a shipping notice, not a week and a half.