Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Old 12-07-21, 02:57 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,295
Likes: 0
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Any predictions on when these will start to ship?
Old 12-07-21, 03:09 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 26,796
Received 1,302 Likes on 851 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Any predictions on when these will start to ship?
Subscriber orders are already shipping. I'm not a subscriber, and looking back at the past few years, my 2018 Black Friday order shipped on Dec. 5th, my 2019 order shipped on Dec. 10th, and my 2020 order shipped on Dec. 11th. I'd expect some movement this week or very early next for non-subscriber orders.
Old 12-07-21, 04:20 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,255
Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Subscribers first, then those who pre-ordered the November package, then everyone else.

They're not the fastest on shipping and they don't claim to be. Also, other than the hierarchy I mentioned above, there's no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize within the groups. I.E., if you placed your order the moment the sale went live, you're not guaranteed to ship out any faster than someone who got in at the very end. Good news is that the last couple of years, they send out a $5 "patience" coupon to anyone who placed a BF order.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (12-07-21)
Old 12-07-21, 05:28 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,277
Received 571 Likes on 394 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

For what it's worth, I'm a subscriber and just received mine.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (12-08-21)
Old 12-07-21, 07:13 PM
  #30  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 27,038
Received 925 Likes on 662 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

I'm not a subscriber, and just got my shipping notice. I did order a couple items in the halfway sale six months ago as well as a few last week.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (12-08-21)
Old 12-07-21, 09:20 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 291
Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Subscribers first, then those who pre-ordered the November package, then everyone else.

They're not the fastest on shipping and they don't claim to be. Also, other than the hierarchy I mentioned above, there's no rhyme or reason to how they prioritize within the groups. I.E., if you placed your order the moment the sale went live, you're not guaranteed to ship out any faster than someone who got in at the very end. Good news is that the last couple of years, they send out a $5 "patience" coupon to anyone who placed a BF order.
i placed my order by 12:02 am so that means mine will ship last
Old 12-07-21, 11:37 PM
  #32  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
For what it's worth, I'm a subscriber and just received mine.
I just signed up so who knows if I get the early shipping yet or not.
Old 12-08-21, 11:54 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,277
Received 571 Likes on 394 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by Killraven666 View Post
I just signed up so who knows if I get the early shipping yet or not.
Probably not since you're not a current subscriber. It will be a fringe benefit for you next year.
Old 12-08-21, 01:44 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,255
Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by Killraven666 View Post
I just signed up so who knows if I get the early shipping yet or not.
Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
Probably not since you're not a current subscriber. It will be a fringe benefit for you next year.
Signed up for a year subscription? Then I'd think you WOULD get early shipping, even if it's your first time signing up. I know I'd expect it.

But I just got a shipping notice today, so clearly they've moved on to non-subscribers now.

Originally Posted by Captsmee.00 View Post
i placed my order by 12:02 am so that means mine will ship last
I think the fact that VS is so tight-lipped about their shipping priority is an indication that it IS something customers could manipulate to their advantage. I mean, if it was truly random, they'd say it was random since there's nothing anyone can do about it. But if it was say, alphabetical, then customers might change the name on their order to A.A. Aaronson. Or if it was geographical, they'd have the order shipped to a friend in that area.
Old 12-08-21, 04:25 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,277
Received 571 Likes on 394 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Signed up for a year subscription? Then I'd think you WOULD get early shipping, even if it's your first time signing up. I know I'd expect it.
Why do you think buying a subscription for 2022 should get someone early shipping for 2021?
Old 12-08-21, 06:15 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,255
Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
Why do you think buying a subscription for 2022 should get someone early shipping for 2021?
Because I thought the subscription began with the BF titles. So you're saying that if you were a first time ever visitor to VS, paid your subscription fee on Black Friday, you would NOT get Flesh for Frankenstein et al unless you bought those separately? Your subscription begins on January 1 2022?

OK, makes sense that way too, I just thought that because subscriptions were only sold on BF, that that was the day it began as well.
Old 12-08-21, 07:53 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,277
Received 571 Likes on 394 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Because I thought the subscription began with the BF titles. So you're saying that if you were a first time ever visitor to VS, paid your subscription fee on Black Friday, you would NOT get Flesh for Frankenstein et al unless you bought those separately? Your subscription begins on January 1 2022?

OK, makes sense that way too, I just thought that because subscriptions were only sold on BF, that that was the day it began as well.
The subscriptions are for the calendar year, so it doesn't go into effect until January. The only exception is the 6-month subscription that is offered at their halfway to Black Friday sale.
Old 12-10-21, 03:17 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 1,981
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Non-subscriber here and I received notice today that my Flesh for Frankenstein and other items have shipped. I did pre-order FFF a couple of months back.
Old 12-12-21, 08:57 AM
  #39  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Non-subscriber here and I received notice today that my Flesh for Frankenstein and other items have shipped. I did pre-order FFF a couple of months back.
I did as well and got my shipping notice yesterday the 11th.
Old 12-14-21, 02:29 PM
  #40  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40,879
Likes: 0
Received 3,245 Likes on 2,205 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Both my orders shipped... yet not together even though I did the add to order option.
Old 12-14-21, 04:42 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Legend
 
TheMovieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 13,116
Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Non-subscriber and neither of my orders has shipped yet.
Old 12-14-21, 05:42 PM
  #42  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 26,796
Received 1,302 Likes on 851 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

I just got my shipping notification. Non-subscriber, placed my order on Black Friday (not during the pre-sale period).
Old 12-14-21, 05:46 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,622
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Non-subscriber who ordered the "everything" bundle back in September and my order arrived via FedEx this morning. Now if only my freaking Severin orders would ship, haha
Old 12-14-21, 07:54 PM
  #44  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 46,751
Received 607 Likes on 521 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Just got Flesh For Frankenstein. Nice set.
Old 12-15-21, 09:48 AM
  #45  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 38,458
Received 948 Likes on 689 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

The screencaps I've seen of Flesh for Frankenstein 4k are horrible.
Old 12-15-21, 11:28 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,277
Received 571 Likes on 394 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
Non-subscriber who ordered the "everything" bundle back in September and my order arrived via FedEx this morning. Now if only my freaking Severin orders would ship, haha
All of my Severin stuff arrived except the folk horror set, which hasn't shipped yet - and is the item I've been looking forward to the most.
The following users liked this post:
EdTheRipper (12-16-21)
Old 12-15-21, 12:22 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,255
Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
The screencaps I've seen of Flesh for Frankenstein 4k are horrible.
I don't have a 4k set so I can't comment, but the Blu-Ray looked just fine to me. A damn sight better than the Criterion laserdisc.
Old 12-15-21, 03:23 PM
  #48  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40,879
Likes: 0
Received 3,245 Likes on 2,205 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Last week we became aware that some customers have experienced playback issues with the UHD disc of Flesh For Frankenstein. This issue has resulted in certain players and TVs presenting the film with exaggerated color saturation which is inaccurate to the intended presentation. We have determined the cause of this and are currently re-authoring the disc to ensure universal playability. The BDs are not affected.

Customers that purchased FFF from VinegarSyndrome.com will automatically receive a replacement UHD disc sometime in January, along with a $6 coupon to our web store via email. Customers who purchased the release from other retailers will need to contact us with proof of purchase to receive a replacement disc (please do not contact the retailer).

Special notice: we are not delaying shipping out any Black Friday orders. We hope to have all Black Friday orders shipped out by Christmas. Everyone who ordered FFF will be receiving the replacement UHD disc in January.
The following 4 users liked this post by dex14:
Adam Tyner (12-15-21), BackStJoe (12-15-21), Dan (12-15-21), darkdaze73 (12-15-21)
Old 12-15-21, 03:58 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,255
Received 688 Likes on 533 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Yay! $6 coupon and I don't even have UHD capability (though obviously I may, sometime in the future) so it never affected me anyway!

(but I see they're not doing the $5 "patience" coupon like in years back when the BF shipments were taking a long time)
Old 12-15-21, 07:39 PM
  #50  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 27,038
Received 925 Likes on 662 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Yeah I watched about 20 minutes of FFF last night and it was super saturated. I didn't know that wasn't intentional, but glad to see they're sending replacements and coupons anyway.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (12-15-21)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.