Old 11-13-23, 04:32 PM

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Re: Gruv.com (Universal store) sales

3 for $30 4K: https://www.gruv.com/category/4k_uhd_deals
Old 11-15-23, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

I think they applied the 20% off code up until the very last step and dumped it when I hit pay? Anyone else have this happen?
Old 11-15-23, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 770 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I think they applied the 20% off code up until the very last step and dumped it when I hit pay? Anyone else have this happen?
Yes, if you've used the code before Gruv will automatically remove it at checkout. Many have complained.
Old 11-15-23, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 602 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Happyanny15 seems to be dead. Anyone know of another?
Word on the street is it's also changed to a one time use code.
Old 11-16-23, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Yes, if you've used the code before Gruv will automatically remove it at checkout. Many have complained.
I'm cool with that but they really made it seem like it was going to work the whole time, that's less cool. Still good prices though.
The following users liked this post:
BobO'Link (11-16-23)
Old 11-16-23, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
I'm cool with that but they really made it seem like it was going to work the whole time, that's less cool. Still good prices though.
I agree. If it's there the entire checkout process but is then removed *after* you've hit "Place Order" they have a major site issue. I'd contact CS and complain. If it happened to me I'd seriously consider filing a charge back with my CC company as that's a somewhat shady move on GRUV's part.
Old 12-05-23, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Not sure about this one. There are 2 listings for Batman 1960's Complete Series blu ray.

One for $19.99
https://www.gruv.com/product/batman_...SABEgIwh_D_BwE

One for $ 49.99
https://www.gruv.com/product/batman_...ox_set_blu_ray
Old 12-05-23, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The $20 set is currently sold out - looks to be the repackage version (in viva cases) while the $50 one looks to be the original digipak version.
Classic Films (12-07-23)
Old 12-07-23, 05:19 AM

Thanks for the explanation. The $19.99 Batman set is showing as in stock as of this writing. It seems to go in and out of stock for some reason. If you are interested in the set and it is sold out when you check, try again. Early morning seems the best time to look.
Old 12-08-23, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Got my first order from Gruv. Most of them appear to be new, but 2 of them were obviously re-sealed with new shrink wrap because it doesn't match the usual wrap: it's thinner, loose, wrinkled and has ugly seams. Anyone else have this problem with Gruv? I haven't opened them, but undoubtedly the digital codes have been redeemed. I emailed Gruv 2 days ago and they assigned me a ticket, but I haven't heard anything since. Can't find a phone number for them. (Ironically, I thought I'd try Gruv because Amazon just did the same thing to me: they sent me a box set of The Bourne Collection 4K with stickers on it that read "Return Media WHSE," and the stickers were under the shrink wrap, so I knew it had been re-sealed. They also sent me a box set of the Mission Impossible Collection 4K with loose shrink wrap that felt like Saran Wrap. Returned them both.)
Old 12-08-23, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 794 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Got my first order from Gruv. Most of them appear to be new, but 2 of them were obviously re-sealed with new shrink wrap because it doesn't match the usual wrap: it's thinner, loose, wrinkled and has ugly seams. Anyone else have this problem with Gruv? I haven't opened them, but undoubtedly the digital codes have been redeemed. I emailed Gruv 2 days ago and they assigned me a ticket, but I haven't heard anything since. Can't find a phone number for them. (Ironically, I thought I'd try Gruv because Amazon just did the same thing to me: they sent me a box set of The Bourne Collection 4K with stickers on it that read "Return Media WHSE," and the stickers were under the shrink wrap, so I knew it had been re-sealed. They also sent me a box set of the Mission Impossible Collection 4K with loose shrink wrap that felt like Saran Wrap. Returned them both.)
What movies did you get? Most Warner titles have the codes removed if they're expired.
Old 12-08-23, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
What movies did you get? Most Warner titles have the codes removed if they're expired.
Oh, I didn't know that. The 2 re-sealed movies are Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and How to Train Your Dragon.
Old 12-08-23, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh, I didn't know that. The 2 re-sealed movies are Robin Hood with Russell Crowe and How to Train Your Dragon.
Those are Universal Movies. I would go ahead and open them instead of dealing with the hassle of sending them back. They should have codes or you can email Universal Support for codes or help. They're usually very helpful. They'll either give you another code or codes you can redeem for a limited list of other movies to make up for it. Warner on the other hand are no help and I soured on them after having trouble with redeeming a code.
laidbacklarkin (12-08-23)
Old 12-08-23, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Those are Universal Movies. I would go ahead and open them instead of dealing with the hassle of sending them back. They should have codes or you can email Universal Support for codes or help. They're usually very helpful. They'll either give you another code or codes you can redeem for a limited list of other movies to make up for it. Warner on the other hand are no help and I soured on them after having trouble with redeeming a code.
Thanks for the help. So Universal Support is different from Gruv? Doesn't Universal own Gruv? Universal will take my word for it if the codes are missing? Won't they tell me to take it up with Gruv?
Old 12-08-23, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the help. So Universal Support is different from Gruv? Doesn't Universal own Gruv? Universal will take my word for it if the codes are missing? Won't they tell me to take it up with Gruv?
Universal Digital Code Support. They'll usually ask for a receipt and a picture of the sets (discs and front and back) if you just need codes. https://www.uphe.com/en/contact-support
I would just email them and tell them that you bought the sets new on Gruv and the digital codes were missing or not redeeming. I've had no problems when contacting them about not receiving codes in disc sets. They might take a day or two to respond.
Old 12-08-23, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Some of Gruv's primary inventory comes from retailers returning stock back to the distributor after it doesn't sell at stores. So a disc may have been shipped to Best Buy, put out on shelves and manhandled, then returned back to Gruv's warehouses when it didn't sell at Best Buy. The only exception seems to be their anime discs.

And yes, studios are far more likely now to put returns back into circulation, taping up discs that may have been opened and then returned for whatever reason. It's a symptom of a declining market for physical media.
Old 12-08-23, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,833 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
then returned back to Gruv's warehouses when it didn't sell at Best Buy.
As far as I know, GRUV doesnít have warehouses. Ingram was doing their fulfillment, at least as of a few months ago; dunno if/how thatís changed since Ingram started winding down their operations.
Old 12-09-23, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Universal owns GRUV.
Old 12-09-23, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
As far as I know, GRUV doesnít have warehouses. Ingram was doing their fulfillment, at least as of a few months ago; dunno if/how thatís changed since Ingram started winding down their operations.
I've not paid attention to shipping labels from GRUV and just know they ship very quickly and my orders have always been in a box.
Old 12-11-23, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts

My recent order took around 2 weeks & was in a cardboard mailer. Arrived in perfect condition.
Old 12-12-23, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I've not paid attention to shipping labels from GRUV and just know they ship very quickly and my orders have always been in a box.
And of course since I made that comment my last order arrived in one of those brown paper w/plastic bubbles envelopes. No damage but I'd prefer a box...
Old 12-22-23, 07:45 PM

4K Clearance
https://www.gruv.com/category/4k_uhd...ouse_clearance

Blu Ray Clearance
https://www.gruv.com/category/blu_ra...ouse_clearance

Steelbook Clearance
https://www.gruv.com/category/steelbook_offers

2 for $12 Blu Ray
https://www.gruv.com/category/2_blu_rays_for_only_12
BackStJoe (12-23-23)
Old 12-22-23, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts

I was going to pick up Treasure of the Sierra Madre & Lady From Shanghai as upgrades from the dvd's @$6 ea, but both are sold out. I wish they'd add "sold out" to the browsing page or remove the items.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 12-23-23 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-22-23, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The guy from Best Buy who posts on Blu-ray . com says most of their unsold stock will end up at Gruv and possibly other outlets fairly soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by PhantomStranger:
JoeySeven (12-24-23), MooMooMooMoo (12-23-23)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.