Reload this Page >

DEAD DEAL: B2G1 Free 4K UHD Movies or Blu-ray Movies @ Best Buy + Free Shipping

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 12-19-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

B2G1 SALE IS DEAD IT WAS A 24 HOUR SALE.

B2G1 Free 4K UHD Movies or Blu-ray Movies and DVD. @ Best Buy + Free Shipping
Best Buy
Free Shipping or Free Store Pickup

Buy 2 titles, get a 3rd free.
Today, when you buy two movies or TV shows below, you can get a third of equal or lesser value for free. Choose from thousands of titles, including new releases and pre-orders, in 4K UHD, Blu-ray Disc and DVD.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 12-22-19 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Sale is over.
Old 12-19-19, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

re: DEAD DEAL: B2G1 Free 4K UHD Movies or Blu-ray Movies @ Best Buy + Free Shipping

Some good deals, looks like I'm going to return my Cars 4K steelbook and rebuy with this deal.
1st order

2 for $20 4k deal
The Shape of Water 4K
Life of Pi 4K
Rambo: First Blood Part 2 4K $11.99 as my free movie
$20 and change

2nd order
Wolf Warrior 2 BLU
Curious George: Holiday 2-Pack [2 Discs] [DVD]
Rise of the Legend BLU $12.87

3rd order
Interstellar [4K
Saving Private Ryan [4K Ultra HD
Schindler's List [SteelBook] [Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD

4th order
Rambo: First Blood Part II 4K
Assassin's Creed 4K
The Revenant 4K

5th order
3:10 to Yuma [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray]
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines [Blu-ray/DVD] [2019]
Cars [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] 4K

6th order
Toy Story 3 [SteelBook] 4K
A Star Is Born [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD
Pan's Labyrinth [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD

7TH
Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc
RECEIVED
Gatchaman: The Movie [DVD] RECEIVED
Green Legend Ran: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] RECEIVED

Last edited by JoeySeven; 12-24-19 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-19-19, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
re: DEAD DEAL: B2G1 Free 4K UHD Movies or Blu-ray Movies @ Best Buy + Free Shipping

Now I have to return Winter Soldier and two others bought with it because price went from $29 to $15. I am becoming a fixture at the return counter. I haven't received them yet.
Old 12-19-19, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Hmmmm could complete my Toy Story 4k series with their steelbooks.

eta: pulled the trigger. $29 for 3 Disney 4k movies isn't bad. And not that big of a deal that Toy Story 4 is not a steelbook. I'm not that anal.

Last edited by TomOpus; 12-19-19 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-19-19, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Interesting that some 4K prices are cheaper than regular blu-ray. Also found about five titles that are “sold out”. My guess is they’ll be back in stock the second the promotion is over.
Old 12-19-19, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Some good deals, looks like I'm going to return my Cars 4K steelbook and rebuy with this deal.
1st order

2 for $20 4k deal
The Shape of Water 4K
Life of Pi 4K
Rambo: First Blood Part 2 4K $11.99 as my free movie
$20 and change
Yeah endless possibilities with the 2/$20 and 2/$30 deals. Find any movie in that price range, add it first, then add the 2 movies from the promotion

Ex. GotG 4K(free title), Red Sparrow, Shape of Water = $20
Old 12-19-19, 08:19 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Damn, I already spent too much money the other day when it was specifically the Disney steelbooks, now I'm gonna spend even more!

So far I took advantage of the 2 for 20 overlap and ordered 4Ks of Independence Day, Shape of Water and Hellboy 2 for $20.
Old 12-19-19, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Yeah endless possibilities with the 2/$20 and 2/$30 deals. Find any movie in that price range, add it first, then add the 2 movies from the promotion

Ex. GotG 4K(free title), Red Sparrow, Shape of Water = $20
FWIW, I added my free title (Hellboy 2 for 13.99) last and it worked that way too, so it might not matter what order you put them in as long as it's cheaper than the pre-deal price

Can you give me a link for the 2/$30? I can't find it

Here's the 2/$20 titles
Old 12-19-19, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 153 Posts

It works with pre-orders so I cancelled my Joker and Doctor Sleep steelbook pre-orders and just reordered adding the Ford v Ferrari steelbook for free.
Old 12-19-19, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
FWIW, I added my free title (Hellboy 2 for 13.99) last and it worked that way too, so it might not matter what order you put them in as long as it's cheaper than the pre-deal price

Can you give me a link for the 2/$30? I can't find it

Here's the 2/$20 titles
There's 2 different ones....

Paramount 2/$30

Warner 2/$30
Old 12-19-19, 09:58 AM

Thanks. Looks like you can get all 3 Nolan Batman films on 4K for $30.
Old 12-19-19, 11:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome deal. Got all my future blu-ray purchases locked in. Titans S2, Swamp Thing and Jack Ryan season 1 for free.
Old 12-19-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
Thanks. Looks like you can get all 3 Nolan Batman films on 4K for $30.
Trying not to double dip too much, but is there enough of an upgrade in video to make it worthy of rebuying? Also, are there any titles that stick out as significant enough improvements you guys(and gals) can recommend? I just recently purchased a 4K tv but I'm not looking to rebuy my catalog, just ones that really stand out.
Old 12-19-19, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trying not to double dip too much, but is there enough of an upgrade in video to make it worthy of rebuying?
Yeah same here,but I broke my own rule. Said I would only buy what I do not already own on blu,but I do not think you see many of these prices the rest of the year. Sorry can not help on what is worth upgrading,I still have not research much on 4k.

And thanks to those that link the buy 2 deals. I been crazy busy in rl buying movies and shopping.
I'll up date my other post for what I bought.
Old 12-19-19, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Trying not to double dip too much, but is there enough of an upgrade in video to make it worthy of rebuying? Also, are there any titles that stick out as significant enough improvements you guys(and gals) can recommend? I just recently purchased a 4K tv but I'm not looking to rebuy my catalog, just ones that really stand out.
I was also trying not to double dip. But most of the Blu-rays I purchased were used from GoHastings & did not come with digital codes. Now I can get them in 4K with a 4K digital code.
Not really into steelbooks but when the steelbooks are much cheaper than the regular 4K blu-ray why not.

So far I purchased:

Toy Story 1-3 4K steelbooks - $31.39 (after $14.64 refund)
Iron Man 1-3 steelbooks - $31.39
Thor 1, 2, & Toy Story 4 steelbooks - $31.39 - (will return Toy Story 4 4K target edition & save about $8)
Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises in 4K & Captain America: The First Avenger 4K steelbook - $31.41.
Captain Marvel 4K, Guardians of the Galaxy 4K, & The Lion King (2019) steelbooks - $31.39 - (will return the Captain Marvel standard BD)
Old 12-19-19, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,236 Posts

I swore off buying any other movies before the end of the year, but since this applies to preorders too, I went for:

Joker (steelbook)
Gemini Man
Ford vs. Ferrari (steelbook)
Frozen II (steelbook)
Knives Out
Jumanji: The Next Level

...all on Ultra HD Blu-ray. The 11 (!) Marvel steelbooks I ordered a few days ago from the steelbook B2G1F sale to finish off my 4K collection all got here today.
Old 12-19-19, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts

Darn, I wish the Superman: Red Son 4K would be available to pre-order. Best Buy has the Steelbook as a 4K exclusive but it just shows coming soon.
Old 12-19-19, 05:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

IMO, they standout in 4K. Well worth it for these prices.

Oh well, I guess I went over what I thought would be a 5 disc total purchase for this year. Now I have all of the Marvel movies in 4K, all purchased for $15 and under. And half are steelbook, which I wasn't expecting.
Old 12-19-19, 05:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

In my experience, its not worth the upgrade. Blu-ray quality is just fine, and it really doesn't enhance my enjoyment of the film that much if I can see a little more detail in 4K. I found myself focusing more on trying to spot more details than just sitting back and enjoying the story with 4K. Some ppl swear 4K looks amazing, but it is extremely YMMV depending on the tv, the blu-ray, the fricking cables, the calibration, viewing angle etc...It's not the giant leap from dvd to blu-ray.
Old 12-19-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

With the Toy Story 4k steelbooks being onsale for 14.99, plus having a 5 dollar rebate, I was able to get all 4 4k steelbooks for 10 bucks a pop.

My second order was The Shining, Last Blood and Wizard of Oz 4K steelbooks.
Old 12-19-19, 08:38 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
With the Toy Story 4k steelbooks being onsale for 14.99, plus having a 5 dollar rebate, I was able to get all 4 4k steelbooks for 10 bucks a pop.

My second order was The Shining, Last Blood and Wizard of Oz 4K steelbooks.
what's the $5 rebate ?
Old 12-20-19, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Quick side question: Ordered my 3 movies, got my order confirmation email, then got 3 emails with different tracking numbers. Am I getting 3 packages?

I think this is the first time I've ordered from Best Buy for home delivery. Seems awfully wasteful.
Old 12-20-19, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Quick side question: Ordered my 3 movies, got my order confirmation email, then got 3 emails with different tracking numbers. Am I getting 3 packages?

I think this is the first time I've ordered from Best Buy for home delivery. Seems awfully wasteful.
I had three orders and got 9 packages, -eight UPS, one USPS. Over half of them arrived a day or two earlier than the original estimate.
Old 12-20-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Just to be clear, once you've been shipped the items and paid for them, does returning a single item change the original deal?. I know with Target they assign a price to each item (split between the three items, though its not an "even" split) and returning one item doesn't change the B2G1 deal.
Old 12-20-19, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus

3 tracking, 3 packages.
Wasteful maybe, but I'm guessing they are coming from different initiation points instead of the the central warehouse in Kentucky (can't remember if there were 1 or 2 other warehouses in the west). Sometimes on the tracking you'll the designation of SFS (ship from store). I can't tell if most stores
ship to certain customers depending on stock or if just designated regional stores do this. I seem to get packages from multiple states and stores from within states, but often the the same City frequently.

Originally Posted by DWilson
Just to be clear, once you've been shipped the items and paid for them, does returning a single item change the original deal?. I know with Target they assign a price to each item (split between the three items, though its not an "even" split) and returning one item doesn't change the B2G1 deal.
It's not totally clear, but I think returning a single item out of the 3 negates the deal and the prices are recalculated as if you didn't use the deal - i.e. you'd return the free item and the other 2 would be charged at regular price. I know when I tried to return an item out of a 3 for $50, I didn't get a refund for a third but more like a $10 credit since the other items reverted to regular price (I declined the return at that point).

Aggravating if you change your mind, but honestly it's probably the right way to do it to keep people from abusing it like the Target Deals -- order 3 of the same item and cancel 2 to get the prorated discount

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-20-19 at 07:35 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.