Search this Thread

Old 12-16-19, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
MVD Shop sales thread

Thanks to grimfrost at Bluray in the Arrow Main thread

ARROW US disc up to 85% Off MVD End of Year Flash Sale

NOW through December 20th at Noon EST

BD 9.99 including Guitry Set and DeNiro Early Films (MSRP $70)
DVD 7.99
Free Shipping $50 with code ARROW2019

I've never used this site though it seems familiar and no idea if these are price errors that will be cancelled or real deals

A mix of BD and DVD so be a bit careful
Old 12-16-19, 02:18 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Holy fuck some of these prices...
Old 12-16-19, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Those are great prices. I wonder how many Arrow actually sold of these less popular movies.

The Witches Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2018/02/09/the...lu-ray-review/

The Witch Who Came From The Sea Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2016/03/14/wit...lu-ray-review/

Society Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2015/06/08/soc...lu-ray-review/

Erik The Conqueror Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2017/09/13/eri...lu-ray-review/

The Ghoul Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2017/09/27/the...lu-ray-review/

Death Walks At Midnight Blu-ray review: https://www.doblu.com/2016/05/02/dea...lu-ray-review/

Old 12-16-19, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Appears the Guitry set bumped to 19.99 which is certainly in line with some of the best sales in the past.
Old 12-16-19, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Holy.... !! Will be damned if these are not price mistakes. In for a 6 title order. No time to review titles at work for a bigger order. Thank you, hariseldon

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 12-16-19 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-17-19, 10:05 PM

Made a 2nd order of another 12 titles - wonder why this sale/thread isn't getting more love. Stayed off just about every sale during BF but this lead up to Christmas is killing the wallet. Now off to check what EBH has...sssssigghhh
Old 12-17-19, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Made a 2nd order of another 12 titles - wonder why this sale/thread isn't getting more love. Stayed off just about every sale during BF but this lead up to Christmas is killing the wallet. Now off to check what EBH has...sssssigghhh
I suspect b/c it's mostly "older" titles (everything released before 2019) that people who wanted already bought. Most of these have been in the $10-12 range before and since most of them are region A+B or Region Free they've been under $10 shipped through ArrowUK sales. Others than the Guitry and DeNiro sets none of the other prices were drastically less than the ArrowUK sales and the Guitry set only lasted at $10 for a couple hours. There's also about 15+ of the 65 BDs that were single releases out of bigger boxsets that many already bought (Gore, Death Walks, American Horror, Battles, Romero boxset).

There's literally nothing on the BD list I want that I hadn't bought by March

OTOH, if you hadn't already bought them, this is a really really good sale.

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-17-19 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-18-19, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I suspect b/c it's mostly "older" titles (everything released before 2019) that people who wanted already bought. Most of these have been in the $10-12 range before and since most of them are region A+B or Region Free they've been under $10 shipped through ArrowUK sales. Others than the Guitry and DeNiro sets none of the other prices were drastically less than the ArrowUK sales and the Guitry set only lasted at $10 for a couple hours. There's also about 15+ of the 65 BDs that were single releases out of bigger boxsets that many already bought (Gore, Death Walks, American Horror, Battles, Romero boxset).

There's literally nothing on the BD list I want that I hadn't bought by March

OTOH, if you hadn't already bought them, this is a really really good sale.
THAT was my case 🙂
Old 12-18-19, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
THAT was my case 🙂
Which leaves a few answers to the lack of activity:

People already had them so not too much excitement, unless you want to get a lot of the "Oh no I;m an idiot from paying more 2-4 years ago" (which I hate -- if you have to buy everything at the lowest price ever even years later then you should never buy anything)
People want them and are out of funds, but I'd expect a lot more comments if that was the case
People that don't have them don't want them
People aren't reading this thread or the 2 threads at Bluray.com which seems fairly unlikely that both sites are dead. There's a few more posts on Bluray, but not actually that many
Old 12-18-19, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Free Shipping $50 with code ARROW2019

I've never used this site though it seems familiar and no idea if these are price errors that will be cancelled or real deals

A mix of BD and DVD so be a bit careful
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-ba...l#post13591420
They had a little sale awhile back I posted in the

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays #448

The price was also $10 each. But the De Palma & De Niro and a few others look like price mistakes.but still not changed.
Shipping and packaging was tops. Would buy from again. and thanks for posting . Not sure I missed the first day of this sale as I check here,blur-ray.com and slicks.

Holy fuck some of these prices.
And holy shit.
I do not own most of these tittles and dropped a couple of Benjamin.

Old 12-18-19, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

These really aren't that old, relative to something like Caligula or Frankenhooker. I haven't seen the Guitry set go much below $19, and I got it at 20GBP. That felt that was a deal, and I'm thinking these haven't sold well up to this point.

I was holding out on the De Niro set for some time, and this price was a no brainer. I've been checking my email looking for that order cancellation.

Last edited by WillieMLF; 12-18-19 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-18-19, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Which leaves a few answers to the lack of activity:

People already had them so not too much excitement, unless you want to get a lot of the "Oh no I;m an idiot from paying more 2-4 years ago" (which I hate -- if you have to buy everything at the lowest price ever even years later then you should never buy anything)
People want them and are out of funds, but I'd expect a lot more comments if that was the case
People that don't have them don't want them
People aren't reading this thread or the 2 threads at Bluray.com which seems fairly unlikely that both sites are dead. There's a few more posts on Bluray, but not actually that many
I will clue these small labels in - it's an awful time of year to run flash sales. Most people have spent boatloads of money by the time Christmas week rolls around and discretionary income has already been allocated to presents.

Why these small niche labels wait until after Black Friday to run these huge discount sales is poor scheduling. Run them at times with less media competition than the Christmas season unless you are selling to very casual consumers. Each fan only has so much money they are willing to spend at once on movies.
Old 12-18-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I will clue these small labels in - it's an awful time of year to run flash sales. Most people have spent boatloads of money by the time Christmas week rolls around and discretionary income has already been allocated to presents.

Why these small niche labels wait until after Black Friday to run these huge discount sales is poor scheduling. Run them at times with less media competition than the Christmas season unless you are selling to very casual consumers. Each fan only has so much money they are willing to spend at once on movies.
Depends on if they are selling their already paid for stock sitting in the warehouse gathering dust inventory or like a lot of retail sales if they are ridesharing with the Label. If it;s the latter then MVD may not have any real options.
Old 12-18-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Exactly. They may be trying to remove a bunch of boxes in their warehouse, and/or trying to get an extra ten or twenty grand on the books before the year ends.
Old 12-18-19, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 612 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
While I do agree they're unloading a lot of non-premium stuff here, I think there's merit in this. I just blew several hundred dollars on various BF sales, so it's killing me (a bit) not to press buy on the 12 Arrow discs I have in my MVD cart right now. They're all titles I've considered at previous sales, but usually end up dropping in favour of higher-profile releases. This does present a good chance to at least see them, then flip them if they're not worth keeping.
Old 12-19-19, 09:44 AM

So it wasn't a price mistake. Received shipment notice on the first order
Old 12-19-19, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T
. . . so it's killing me (a bit) not to press buy on the 12 Arrow discs I have in my MVD cart right now.
So, completely lacking willpower, I pressed buy last night . . .

All Blu-rays @ $9.99, many seen or owned long ago in crappy presentations, others that I've read enough about to try out.

Suspicious Death Of A Minor, The
Erik The Conqueror
Street Mobster
Scalpel
Season Of The Witch
A Pistol For Ringo & The Return Of Ringo
Sleeping Dogs
Smash Palace
Bloody Spear At Mount Fuji
The Baby
De Palma & De Niro: The Early Films
The Black Society Trilogy
Old 12-19-19, 11:13 PM

Received order 1, well packed just like the previous time. Great sale
Old 12-20-19, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I couldn't get the free shipping to work, but I pulled the trigger anyhow. I was late to the sale maybe thats why.
Old 12-20-19, 11:47 PM

Received 2nd order today, 2 floaters but its a known evil in the world of shipments
Old 06-26-20, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

MVD Arrow Closeout Sales — 13 12 titles, $5-$10, $6 shipping

https://mvdshop.com/collections/arro...-to-88-off-srp

$4.99
RONIN

$7.99
A FISH CALLED WANDA Sold out
KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE
THE BIG KNIFE
TERROR IN A TEXAS TOWN
DILLINGER
BLACK MAMA, WHITE MAMA
RAGE OF HONOR
SHEBA, BABY
PRAY FOR DEATH
IMMORAL TALES
THE BEAST

$9.99
BLOOD BATH (2-disc LE)

Limit 10 items per customer/order. $5.99 shipping up to 9 items. Sale goes through 7/2, noon ET. US customers only. While supplies last.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 06-26-20 at 03:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeySeven:
Adam Tyner (06-26-20), laidbacklarkin (06-26-20)
Old 06-26-20, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice. Snagged Ronin (an insane price) and the two Sho Kusugi ninja films.
Old 06-26-20, 09:22 PM

Damn, great prices ! and damn about 'Fish called Wanda'. Ended up with 6 titles, thank you
Old 12-08-21, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

MVD has another Arrow sale going right now. Ends at noon ET on Dec. 15th.

Mostly 50% off MSRP, but there are a handful of exceptions, like the individual Battles Without Honor and Humanity films (like Hiroshima Death March) being closer to 70% off, and Sixteen Candles being 62.5% off.
Old 12-08-21, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
MVD has another Arrow sale going right now. Ends at noon ET on Dec. 15th. Mostly 50% off MSRP, but there are a handful of exceptions, like the individual Battles Without Honor and Humanity films (like Hiroshima Death March) being closer to 70% off, and Sixteen Candles being 62.5% off.
Still seems better to get most of these from Arrow's own sales, where they're usually $15. Does Arrow put a limit on how low affiliate sellers can go or something, or is anything over $15 just the profit margin for those who participate?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.