Target 2019 Black Friday Ad

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-06-19, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey i'm just the messenger
Not a whole lot of movies,but a few good buys.
Best Buy should have same or better prices.

$9 4K UHD Movies:
  • Bumblebee (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital)
  • John Wick 2 (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • Justice League (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Walmart
  • Mission: Impossible: Fallout (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital)
  • Venom (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Walmart
$4 Blu-ray Movies
  • Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Hotel Transylvania 3 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • The LEGO Movie 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
$6 Blu-ray Movies:
  • Venom (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Aquaman (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • LEGO DC: Batman: Family Matters (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Mission: Impossible: Fallout (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • A Star is Born (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • The Greatest Showman (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
$9 Blu-ray Movies:
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • Illumination Presents: Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital)
  • Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • The Angry Birds 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Walmart
  • Annabelle 3 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • Men in Black: International (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Us (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • Rocketman (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)
  • Shazam! (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • John Wick: Chapter 3 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
  • Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Walmart
  • Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) ----> Cheaper at Best Buy
$10 TV Shows:
  • Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray + Digital)
  • The Walking Dead: Season 9 (Blu-ray + Digital)
https://weeklyad.target.com/promo...nea&page=1

"PM" me if you see a mistake or want me to add something.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-19-19 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-06-19, 10:25 AM
Premium Member

Received 511 Likes on 403 Posts
Re: Target 2019 Black Friday Ad

Shoot the messenger!!!

Thanks for posting it Joey. Some things I am possibly interested in.

Sidenote for those who are looking for a good toothbrush, the Quip ones are great.
Old 11-06-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

And with the usual caveats among the "Black Friday sucks this year, They're not even trying anymore, it was so much better in xxxx"

The "and More" is the critical part, many of the best deals don't get listed until a couple days ahead of time and everyone says that every year

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-06-19 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-06-19, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts

Thanks for posting! I see a few decent deals and others that give me hope the few discs I've been holding out for will be included somewhere this year at a price I'll like.

I know physical media is dying - but, unless I just missed it, there is only *one* BR player in that ad. That just feels wrong...
Old 11-06-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Unless manufacturers come up with special holiday models, what's the best bang for the buck 4K player around ? Been holding off on getting on to the 4K wagon cos it disrupts the entire HT ecosystem. Plenty of 4K Receivers and TVs around but hardly any players
Old 11-06-19, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Unless manufacturers come up with special holiday models, what's the best bang for the buck 4K player around ? Been holding off on getting on to the 4K wagon cos it disrupts the entire HT ecosystem. Plenty of 4K Receivers and TVs around but hardly any players
Probably teh Sony 700 or 800M2. LG and Samsung players seem to have all sort of disc playback issues

The XBox One X may be the next in line if you game too. After that you move pretty fast into the $400-500 players
Old 11-06-19, 01:27 PM

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Probably teh Sony 700 or 800M2. LG and Samsung players seem to have all sort of disc playback issues

The XBox One X may be the next in line if you game too. After that you move pretty fast into the $400-500 players
much appreciated, will look them up. Have a region free modded Sony BD-PS1100 that's been serving us well for many years now. Will certainly avoid Samsung /LG players from personal experience as well
Old 11-06-19, 01:28 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the sparse listings for media reflect the reduction of media found in stores recently remodeled. Target just doesn't carry as much media in store today. Much larger selection online.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-06-19 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-06-19, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
much appreciated, will look them up. Have a region free modded Sony BD-PS1100 that's been serving us well for many years now. Will certainly avoid Samsung /LG players from personal experience as well
I think the 700 is the one player in the ad, isn't it? $130
Old 11-06-19, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

Received 511 Likes on 403 Posts

But they still offer a heavy selection online. I'm sure there will be a good sale at the same time. Easier than stocking in store.
Old 11-06-19, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 382 Likes on 324 Posts

Target really hasn't been great on Black Friday for media items in several years. It's always the store I prioritize the least if I am hunting media on Black Friday.
Old 11-07-19, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Those Blu-ray/4K "deals" are awful. Hope that doesn't reflect what we'll be seeing elsewhere.
Old 11-07-19, 07:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
Those Blu-ray/4K "deals" are awful. Hope that doesn't reflect what we'll be seeing elsewhere.
You're telling me. It almost looks like a closeout sale at Ollie's.

I was really hoping to score some nice discounts on Disney 4K titles! This might just be a precursor to the inevitable end of physical media as we know it.
Old 11-07-19, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

I think a lot of it may be that these big stores just aren't stocking like they used to. Studios tend to be pretty restrictive about what they'll take back, so a store is stuck with inventory - the more titles they get stuck with, the more likely they'll have a sale to blow them out the door (and hope they work as loss leaders). I'm guessing they just don't have a lot of newer titles they're overstocked on, which is why we keep seeing the same old titles discounted every Black Friday.
Old 11-07-19, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Stores just don't have the huge stock of media inventory clogging up their warehouses anymore. Studios mostly discounted media for Black Friday to get rid of excess inventory retailers didn't want anymore.

In this new era, I almost expect better media deals in January. That is when labels start performing their back inventory clearances.
Old 11-08-19, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,005 Likes on 730 Posts

Yeah, a lot of these Black Friday deals seem like the studios dumping remaindered material and not he stores dumping excess inventory. Notice how you see the same titles at most stores, and which studios keep showing up and which don't.
Old 11-08-19, 08:18 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I think a lot of it may be that these big stores just aren't stocking like they used to. Studios tend to be pretty restrictive about what they'll take back, so a store is stuck with inventory - the more titles they get stuck with, the more likely they'll have a sale to blow them out the door (and hope they work as loss leaders). I'm guessing they just don't have a lot of newer titles they're overstocked on, which is why we keep seeing the same old titles discounted every Black Friday.
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Stores just don't have the huge stock of media inventory clogging up their warehouses anymore. Studios mostly discounted media for Black Friday to get rid of excess inventory retailers didn't want anymore.

In this new era, I almost expect better media deals in January. That is when labels start performing their back inventory clearances.
Maybe if we cross our fingers in unison, they will all end up at the Dollar Tree by February.
Old 11-08-19, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I just picked up "Spiderman: Far From Home" on Blu for $9 from their Black Friday Preview Sale.
Old 11-08-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 149 Likes on 94 Posts

Picked up The Secret Life of Pets 2 + Men In Black: International + Spider-Man: Far From Home (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) for $18 + Free Shipping in Targets buy 2 get 1 free sale.
Old 11-13-19, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
Picked up The Secret Life of Pets 2 + Men In Black: International + Spider-Man: Far From Home (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital) for $18 + Free Shipping in Targets buy 2 get 1 free sale.
Nice deal. I'm just not in the BF shopping mood yet this year. I have not really checked the deal threads here or on blur-ray.com in days.Not to say I have not been buying lots of movies in the past few months.
Was going to add a spreadsheet for deals from Target,Best Buy and Walmart,if they ever post their shit.

I agree with others, the movie posted here and at BB are not really that spectacular.Just another sign physical media is going away from [email protected] stores. I have spent some $ on the Target buy 3 get 1 free.Bought 9 Criterions and Robocop LE + 2 other items.Also I already spent a lot these past two months buying movies online at second spin,amazon,amazon.uk.,Target,Arrow UK,Zavvi,Rightstuf
and eureka UK.

Plus Black Friday is turning into Black Thursday at Target,Best Buy and some other stores. I'm just going try to buy at Amazon the online store price matcher.Target is opening its doors for Black Turkey at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Stores will close at 1 a.m. on Friday morning and reopen at 7 a.m. later in the day,

This is the second year in a row that Target will operate with these hours for the shopping holiday.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-13-19 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-13-19, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm starting to regret not spending more heavily on Target's Buy 3 Get One Free sale. Medial deals looking awfully light this Black Friday.

I've already seen it happen in the music industry. The last couple Black Fridays have been woeful if you wanted music deals.
Old 11-14-19, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven View Post
This is the second year in a row that Target will operate with these hours for the shopping holiday.
Pretty sure this is the 4th or 5th year that they’ve been operating on these hours.
Old 11-15-19, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm starting to regret not spending more heavily on Target's Buy 3 Get One Free sale. Medial deals looking awfully light this Black Friday.
I got some decent deals also from that Buy 3 Get One Free sale. 12 movies in total.
I need to recheck the Target ad again,but looks like only 3 movies I'm interested in and Amazon should price match them.

Pretty sure this is the 4th or 5th year that they’ve been operating on these hours.
Quoting from a article. I can not remember much about bf three years ago.
Hell even last year. I think I was up in Oregon and only went out and bought a few things in the afternoon on Friday.Did most of my movie buying online.

Believe it was first Walmart that started opening up
earlier and earlier until finally stores went and opened on Thursday.

But I agree with you,I think it has been going on much longer but can not remember all the details.

Can not exactly remember what store it was, I'm almost sure it was Best Buy and not last year. I went to buy some movies after eating and watching some games with some family. And the employees and manger did not seem real happy they had too work that Thanksgiving night and close around 12 or 1 am and reopen again in the morning.
I really can not blame the workers, I think it is bull shit move on part of some of these stores.

One of my first jobs was working at a grocery store. And I hated working weekends and some holidays.

https://www.businessinsider.com/targ...giving-2019-11

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-15-19 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-15-19, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 149 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven View Post
Nice deal. I'm just not in the BF shopping mood yet this year. I have not really checked the deal threads here or on blur-ray.com in days.Not to say I have not been buying lots of movies in the past few months.
Was going to add a spreadsheet for deals from Target,Best Buy and Walmart,if they ever post their shit.
Up until I brought these three 4K blu-rays. I brought only five 4K blu-rays all year (Die Hard, Alien, Snowwhite & the Huntsman, and Pitch Perfect 1 & 2. These cost me $41.88.

Old 11-19-19, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post

I've already seen it happen in the music industry. The last couple Black Fridays have been woeful if you wanted music deals.
Other than the unknown Big Lots $2.88 titles, I haven't seen a single bf movie, cd or music download that I am excited about.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.