Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Arrow Video Sales Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-18, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: ARROW FILMS Halloween Sale through Oct 18

These are titles that are no longer being sent out with the collector's booklet. If anyone has any these booklets and willing to sell for $3-$5, let me know:

The Mutilator
Burnt Offerings
The Slayer
Hellgate
Bloodrage
Raising Cain
The Raven
Incredible Melting Man (very irksome because the artwork says the booklet is included!)
Videodrome
Tales of Terror

Peter
Old 10-15-18, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
No titles that interest me this time. I may bite on the next Noir sale.
Phantasm 1-5 set is on sale.
Old 10-18-18, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Phantasm 1-5 set is on sale.
I meant to get this during the last sale. It's out of stock now.
Old 10-18-18, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Yup. I waited too long to pull the trigger on it as well. I'd already made up my mind to get around $50 or so of movies, so instead I got

Hounds of Love
Five Dolls for an August Moon
To Live and Die in LA
Rollerball
Porky's
Old 10-18-18, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Two questions from someone that only has a few of the US box sets. (I also have the House UK set)

1. Which Arrow version of The Thing has the best transfer?
2. Which Arrow titles are considered must have?
1. They have the same disc content over 2 releases (steel book & non steel book). Shout is re-releasing The Thing with a 3rd disc in a steel book with a 4k restoration in a month I believe. No one knows for sure, but the speculation is that it will be the same version as Arrow's 4k restoration. If you have a region free player, then you might want to buy the cheaper Arrow edition.

Which brings us to question 2.

If you have a reliable region free player, then check out Arrow's site and see what you need. Most titles are way cheaper than they would be if you buy the U.S. editions.

I never got around to getting a region free player, but the region free discs I've bought in the past have been awesome.
Old 10-18-18, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
1. They have the same disc content over 2 releases (steel book & non steel book). Shout is re-releasing The Thing with a 3rd disc in a steel book with a 4k restoration in a month I believe. No one knows for sure, but the speculation is that it will be the same version as Arrow's 4k restoration. If you have a region free player, then you might want to buy the cheaper Arrow edition.

Which brings us to question 2.

If you have a reliable region free player, then check out Arrow's site and see what you need. Most titles are way cheaper than they would be if you buy the U.S. editions.

I never got around to getting a region free player, but the region free discs I've bought in the past have been awesome.
Thanks man! I just missed out on the Limited Edition. Sold out while I was adding titles to my cart. I just picked up the standard release. Price is too good to pass on. I knew about the new Scream steelbook. I'll probably get that too in time. Will have to watch the prices.

I've been wanting to go region free for years but this sale pushed me over the edge. I bought 43 titles. Now if only Scream/Shout would actually run good sales again. They have been getting and responding to pricing complaints on their Facebook page all week.
Old 10-18-18, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Two questions from someone that only has a few of the US box sets. (I also have the House UK set)

2. Which Arrow titles are considered must have?
If you're into arthouse, all the Fassbinders.
Old 10-18-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Tempted to pick up "The Cemetery Man" since it appears that one's region free. Anyone have this one already that can confirm, and comment on it's quality?
Old 10-19-18, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Really. Wow. Sorry about that. Might try B&N in the near future or even amazon uk.
Old 10-23-18, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been "Awaiting Dispatch" since the 18th. I placed a rather large order but is this usual for them?
Old 10-23-18, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

It's not unusual for them to be slow esp during a sale and if an item might not be immediately in stock (despite the website saying it's in-stock).
It's not unusual for them to not send an email or even mark an order Dispatched on the site until many days later-- that I'd say is typical
I can't remember if they (or their packing service) work weekend days

The only way I know an order is coming is often when Fedex sends me a tracking notice. Since I rarely make small orders when I go with them, I usually upgrade to Traced/Express shipping for a couple extra dollars.
Old 10-23-18, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok, thanks man!
Old 10-24-18, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
It's not unusual for them to be slow esp during a sale and if an item might not be immediately in stock (despite the website saying it's in-stock).
It's not unusual for them to not send an email or even mark an order Dispatched on the site until many days later-- that I'd say is typical
I can't remember if they (or their packing service) work weekend days

The only way I know an order is coming is often when Fedex sends me a tracking notice. Since I rarely make small orders when I go with them, I usually upgrade to Traced/Express shipping for a couple extra dollars.
That's a good idea. I should have sprung for the upgraded shipping. I received shipping notice Oct. 16, so I know it could be here any day. I get so anxious waiting for imports.

I hadn't ordered direct from Arrow in 2 years, according to my account there! I'm a little surprised, but I guess it makes sense since my money had been going to other things the last 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I was surprised to see I no longer earned points from on-sale purchases. I understand the change, but it's still a little disappointing. I've got a good number of points stored up. I'm debating making one more order to cash those out or just wait for the next sale.
Old 10-24-18, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
That's a good idea. I should have sprung for the upgraded shipping. I received shipping notice Oct. 16, so I know it could be here any day. I get so anxious waiting for imports.

Any day in November is more like it given most reports of std Arrow packages.
By Thanksgiving is what most people place for and hope to be surprised if it comes earlier.

Once you get to the £13 std shipping it's a no brainer to bump to the £14 3 days tracked (and usually better packing).

£7.50 to 12 is a little harder, but usually that's around $75-100 already so the extra $5 isn't too hard to swallow.

£2.25 to 10.50 for a $30 package is a lot harder for me to consider. Normally I just wait until I have a lot more stuff to order or look at AmazonUK which often is cheaper.
Old 12-11-18, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 614 Likes on 452 Posts
Arrow Video Christmas Sale 2018 - Dec 12 to Jan 9

Just got an email about this, starting tomorrow, Dec. 12. DVDs from £4, Blus from £5. Just not sure I need anything else from them at the moment, but hopefully others can indulge. The message says new-ish releases like Heathers, The Endless, Incident In A Ghostland, The Baby, Horrors of the Malformed Men and Pyjama Girl Case will be on sale, but doesn't specify prices. Guessing those might not be too steeply discounted.
Old 12-11-18, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Arrow Video Christmas Sale 2018 - Dec 12 to Jan 9

Hope I don't regret picking up The Complete Sartana from B&N yesterday for $39.99!
Old 12-11-18, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Just got an email about this, starting tomorrow, Dec. 12. DVDs from £4, Blus from £5. Just not sure I need anything else from them at the moment, but hopefully others can indulge. The message says new-ish releases like Heathers, The Endless, Incident In A Ghostland, The Baby, Horrors of the Malformed Men and Pyjama Girl Case will be on sale, but doesn't specify prices. Guessing those might not be too steeply discounted.
Not to hijack your post, BrianT but on a related Arrow sale, received a note from Zavvi of 30% off (with code ARROW30) a select set of Arrow titles, all of them being £10.50 after the discount. To note however, Zavvi now charges Sales Tax to several US shipping addresses and has upped their S/H charges. I suspect some of these will be priced less in the Arrow sale, typically at their £7.50 price point

https://www.zavvi.com/advent-calenda...riceDescending
Old 12-11-18, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Hope I don't regret picking up The Complete Sartana from B&N yesterday for $39.99!
Almost got that myself. A good price, and I doubt you'll see it lower (at least this year).
Old 12-11-18, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it a drastic price difference, it;s certainly an easy return and rebuy.

The UK price is going to have to be pretty good or my US pretty damaged to make it worth switching.
From past $100 boxsets, I'm going to guess £25-30 would be about the best hoped for price though since it's less than 6 months out.
Even with the falling GBP/USD exchange I'm not sure that's a big enough gap.
Old 12-12-18, 07:33 AM

Wow - don't think I've ever had that happen before where nearly a dozen titles in my cart went out of stock - some of them literally after refreshing from last telling me at item went out of stock! Guess I shouldn't have taken so long browsing their entire inventory (even though a number of 'new' items had been added). --Peter
Old 12-12-18, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Link for anyone like me that doesn't want to have to find it themselves :P
https://arrowfilms.com/shop/christmas-sale/?pi=1
Old 12-12-18, 08:55 AM

I had to place a second order because most of the out-of-stock stuff came back in stock - sent them an e-mail to see if they could combine the two orders and issue a shipping credit. --Peter
Old 12-12-18, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Wow - don't think I've ever had that happen before where nearly a dozen titles in my cart went out of stock - some of them literally after refreshing from last telling me at item went out of stock! Guess I shouldn't have taken so long browsing their entire inventory (even though a number of 'new' items had been added). --Peter
Did they say they went out of stock, or did they just disappear from your cart. Because I had a few items disappear from my cart as I was browsing through all the BD titles. Almost missed that they disappeared and put in the order without them. Once I figured out what was missing I only needed to add them back.
Old 12-12-18, 11:19 AM

Nope - everything that disappeared stated limited stock just before disappearing...and unlike the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome, they apparently can't combine orders or issue a partial shipping discount --Peter
Old 12-12-18, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Nope - everything that disappeared stated limited stock just before disappearing...and unlike the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome, they apparently can't combine orders or issue a partial shipping discount --Peter
Maybe we are focusing on different titles, but I haven't noticed any of them noting that there is limited stock.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.