Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

ARROW FILMS Halloween Sale through Oct 18

Old 10-19-18, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: ARROW FILMS Halloween Sale through Oct 18

Originally Posted by actionjackson29 View Post
I meant to get this during the last sale. It's out of stock now.
Really. Wow. Sorry about that. Might try B&N in the near future or even amazon uk.
Old 10-23-18, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been "Awaiting Dispatch" since the 18th. I placed a rather large order but is this usual for them?
Old 10-23-18, 07:18 PM

It's not unusual for them to be slow esp during a sale and if an item might not be immediately in stock (despite the website saying it's in-stock).
It's not unusual for them to not send an email or even mark an order Dispatched on the site until many days later-- that I'd say is typical
I can't remember if they (or their packing service) work weekend days

The only way I know an order is coming is often when Fedex sends me a tracking notice. Since I rarely make small orders when I go with them, I usually upgrade to Traced/Express shipping for a couple extra dollars.
Old 10-23-18, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok, thanks man!
Old 10-24-18, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
It's not unusual for them to be slow esp during a sale and if an item might not be immediately in stock (despite the website saying it's in-stock).
It's not unusual for them to not send an email or even mark an order Dispatched on the site until many days later-- that I'd say is typical
I can't remember if they (or their packing service) work weekend days

The only way I know an order is coming is often when Fedex sends me a tracking notice. Since I rarely make small orders when I go with them, I usually upgrade to Traced/Express shipping for a couple extra dollars.
That's a good idea. I should have sprung for the upgraded shipping. I received shipping notice Oct. 16, so I know it could be here any day. I get so anxious waiting for imports.

I hadn't ordered direct from Arrow in 2 years, according to my account there! I'm a little surprised, but I guess it makes sense since my money had been going to other things the last 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I was surprised to see I no longer earned points from on-sale purchases. I understand the change, but it's still a little disappointing. I've got a good number of points stored up. I'm debating making one more order to cash those out or just wait for the next sale.
Old 10-24-18, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
That's a good idea. I should have sprung for the upgraded shipping. I received shipping notice Oct. 16, so I know it could be here any day. I get so anxious waiting for imports.

Any day in November is more like it given most reports of std Arrow packages.
By Thanksgiving is what most people place for and hope to be surprised if it comes earlier.

Once you get to the 13 std shipping it's a no brainer to bump to the 14 3 days tracked (and usually better packing).

7.50 to 12 is a little harder, but usually that's around $75-100 already so the extra $5 isn't too hard to swallow.

2.25 to 10.50 for a $30 package is a lot harder for me to consider. Normally I just wait until I have a lot more stuff to order or look at AmazonUK which often is cheaper.