DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   eBay coupons (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/645348-ebay-coupons.html)

hariseldon 09-27-18 10:07 AM

eBay coupons

15% off most $25+ Purchases

8:00 AM PT on September 27, 2018 until 6:00 PM PT on September 27, 2018
PICKSOON

Like most of these, this should be a one time per account code

Terms & Conditions:
This Coupon is a 15% discount off a minimum purchase of $25 valid from 10:00 AM PT on September 27, 2018 until 6:00 PM PT on September 27, 2018. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.​com, cafr.ebay.​ca and ebay.​ca. *Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans, as well as items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon must be used within a single transaction (and can include multiple eligible items), while supplies last. Max one redemption per user.

Only eBay users registered on ebay.​com, ebay.​ca and cafr.ebay.​ca, with an address located in the United States, Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean are eligible for the Coupon. Valid only for purchases from ebay.​com, ebay.​ca, and cafr.ebay.​ca. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S. laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time including in response to fraudulent activity.

blowitoutahere storefront often has been used since they frequently have had their own 15% or 20% automatic offers to stack, but their site is pretty bare the last week with the only extra deal for now appearing to be a "B1 Get 2 for 15% off" section and a tiny number of Blurays in their 15% of $60+ select items (hidden in the Toy and Collectibles Offer)
https://www.ebay.com/sme/blowitoutahere/offers.html

clckworang 09-27-18 11:51 AM

re: eBay coupons

And I just ordered something from eBay for the first time in years just a couple of days ago. I should have held out a bit longer.

hariseldon 09-27-18 12:05 PM

For future ideas, these Ebay Codes have become such regular things it's gotten to the point if I'm looking on Ebay fro anything special and certainly anything big (like a spare region Free BD player a couple months ago) I wait for a code. I'm not a big Ebay user, but every 2-3 months I probably buy something. By far the biggest % of items over the last couple years have been with the BIOAH offers + Ebay codes.

Toward the end of every month and esp toward the end of the the quarter to goose the financials probably. Often at the end of quarters there have even been multiples so it wouldn't totally shock me to see something this weekend. I'm was a little surprised there wasn't a 20% code this month like in March and June

DVD Josh 09-27-18 12:34 PM

Don't forget you can use the coupon multiple times by signing out of your account and checking out as a guest with a credit card (or PP).

hariseldon 09-27-18 12:38 PM

Didn't know that though for the % off discounts it never really crossed my mind.

For some of the $15 off $75 codes that seem to have gotten much less common that could come in handy though

laidbacklarkin 09-27-18 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13415587)
Don't forget you can use the coupon multiple times by signing out of your account and checking out as a guest with a credit card (or PP).

Thanks for this tip. Its one time use restriction on a logged in account is tougher than rocket science to comprehend

PhantomStranger 09-27-18 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 13415562)
For future ideas, these Ebay Codes have become such regular things it's gotten to the point if I'm looking on Ebay fro anything special and certainly anything big (like a spare region Free BD player a couple months ago) I wait for a code. I'm not a big Ebay user, but every 2-3 months I probably buy something. By far the biggest % of items over the last couple years have been with the BIOAH offers + Ebay codes.

Toward the end of every month and esp toward the end of the the quarter to goose the financials probably. Often at the end of quarters there have even been multiples so it wouldn't totally shock me to see something this weekend. I'm was a little surprised there wasn't a 20% code this month like in March and June

Certainly. As a regular eBay user, the bigger retailers left on eBay have started gaming many of their prices when these coupons arise. It's just something to keep an eye on when considering an item.

They were incredible deals when eBay first started them and have waned in magnitude since everyone now knows they are coming.

MooMooMooMoo 09-27-18 04:16 PM

Thx, they neglected to send me a coupon.

hariseldon 09-27-18 04:34 PM

I'm not sure they sent it to many (?any) people. I can't remember ever getting one.

There supposedly on the website somewhere though it does seem a few people get messages and post them on various places.

MooMooMooMoo 09-27-18 04:38 PM

Crap, they won't "combine different currencies" on this coupon. I WAS ready to place an order, 1 item was coming from Netherlands.

MooMooMooMoo 09-27-18 06:08 PM

I spent $3 more to get the item from the USA.

BTW, here's the sales tax situation:

Until 2019, mostly only the giant sellers (Super D, Movie Mars, etc) who don't have a physical presence in tax states will be charging tax on ebay. All sellers with a physical presence is a tax state are expected to collect taxes. Starting 1/1/19 ebay will charge & collect tax on all sales like Amazon does today.

TheBang 09-27-18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13415875)
Starting 1/1/19 ebay will charge & collect tax on all sales like Amazon does today.

Are you sure? This article seems to indicate that tax will only be charged and collected for sales to buyers who reside in Washington, Penn., and Oklahoma.

MooMooMooMoo 09-28-18 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 13416049)
Are you sure? This article seems to indicate that tax will only be charged and collected for sales to buyers who reside in Washington, Penn., and Oklahoma.

Yes, I believe so; ebay sent me an email as a seller on this subject the other day. It looks like the key phrase in the article you reference is, "Additional states will be added to this list at a later date."

MooMooMooMoo 09-28-18 01:33 AM

One other thing I noticed on my ebay invoice for the purchases I made today, "Other adjustments -$4.50". That would seem to be the sales tax they didn't collect. It was NOT the 15% off. That showed as "Coupons, Discounts -$3.05"

Interesting that in a state with 10.1% tax, the tax was much higher than 15%. Even with shipping & taxing before discount, I don't think it expalins their thinking.

MooMooMooMoo 09-28-18 01:43 AM

I just realised ebay messed up. I ordered 2 items in 1 cart. They only discounted one of the 2. One was a cd, one was a dvd. Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow.

hariseldon 09-28-18 01:52 AM

Something's not right with those numbers. $25 should have been a min. order so the min discount would be $3.75 thouhg I'm pretty sure you're correct that would be listed as Coupon/Discount. You didn't have some ineligible item included possibly?

It would make more sense for $4.50 for the 15% discount would be $30 order which would make $3.05 tax pretty close to a 10.15% tax assuming you don't have an ineligible item included or something else odd.

PhantomStranger 09-28-18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13416080)
One other thing I noticed on my ebay invoice for the purchases I made today, "Other adjustments -$4.50". That would seem to be the sales tax they didn't collect. It was NOT the 15% off. That showed as "Coupons, Discounts -$3.05"

Interesting that in a state with 10.1% tax, the tax was much higher than 15%. Even with shipping & taxing before discount, I don't think it expalins their thinking.

The discount only applies to the item's purchase price. eBay doesn't include the shipping component of the final price for the discount.

That is why it's only better when using these coupons to go with sellers that include free shipping.

I've also been tripped up in the past by the foreign currency thing when using the coupon.

I could write a whole book on the weird loopholes and strategies of these eBay coupons. eBay started adding all these qualifiers after some greedy buyers abused the codes.

MooMooMooMoo 09-28-18 02:20 PM

I took another look before calling. The final number they SEEM to have come up with & mine are identical, so assuming that;s what I'm actually billed, I am going to assume that their verbiage is incredibly confusing.

g 09-28-18 04:16 PM

Coupon code "PERKMEUP"
gives 5 dollars off any item. I just got a blu ray for a quarter. Is a limited use coupon that may not work for everyone.

MooMooMooMoo 09-29-18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by g (Post 13416491)
Coupon code "PERKMEUP"
gives 5 dollars off any item. I just got a blu ray for a quarter. Is a limited use coupon that may not work for everyone.

Thanks, worked for me!

Michael Corvin 09-29-18 03:52 PM

:up: Nice! Grabbed a Gamecube game on the cheap. Thanks g!

Adam Tyner 09-29-18 05:05 PM

Awesome! I just got Death of Superman on UHD BD for $10.99 shipped and no tax.

AMERICAN 09-29-18 07:33 PM

..Picked up "sicario-soldado" bluray for $10.00..A great deal..thanks for the coupon..

MooMooMooMoo 09-29-18 07:45 PM

I'm going to have to start checking this thread everyday! I'm currently stocking up on sweaters & printer ink; & so far there are few sellers charging sales tax on those items on ebay (Ar least until 1/1/19)

PhantomStranger 09-29-18 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 13416955)
I'm going to have to start checking this thread everyday! I'm currently stocking up on sweaters & printer ink; & so far there are few sellers charging sales tax on those items on ebay (Ar least until 1/1/19)

eBay's fiscal quarter ends on Sunday. They are always desperate to maintain their revenue numbers quarter to quarter for Wall Street, so they push a bunch of coupons near the end of their fiscal quarters to hit revenue targets.

eBay is making money, but they really aren't growing anymore as a company. Wall Street punishes companies that don't show sustained growth.