Reload this Page >

Kino Lorber & KL Studio Classics sales, discounts, and deals

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.
Print Wikipost

Kino Lorber & KL Studio Classics sales, discounts, and deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-19, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
re: Kino Lorber & KL Studio Classics sales, discounts, and deals

Some Kino Blu-rays definitely lack subtitles.
Old 11-29-19, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Per the Kino Lorber Insider on bluray.com, there will be another sale starting on the 1st week of December. Also the while supplies last sale is still ongoing.
Old 11-29-19, 09:36 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

There is a Kino Lorber (not Studio Classics) sale for BF: https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view...?affilate=kcem
Old 11-29-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
There is a Kino Lorber (not Studio Classics) sale for BF: https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view...?affilate=kcem
Thanks for posting! I did get this email, prices are higher than the Noir sale (I don't know what Kino's thinking; I just got a Kino box at Amazon for $5 less than Kino's web sale price).

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 11-29-19 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-29-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

There will be another sale on the Studio Classics (MGM. Universal, etc) titles in a week or two. I think they said about 250+ titles up to the 11/19 releases. Prices on the KLSC titles are generally cheaper than their non SC branded releases which are on sale now.
Old 11-29-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
There will be another sale on the Studio Classics (MGM. Universal, etc) titles in a week or two. I think they said about 250+ titles up to the 11/19 releases. Prices on the KLSC titles are generally cheaper than their non SC branded releases which are on sale now.
I've got 2 blu's in my cart I would like if I can hit $50, so I will watch for it. Thanks!
Old 11-29-19, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

i actually think the prices are very competitive compared to what some of these are priced on Amazon and elsewhere. 'Studio Classics' are the cheaper line. This sale includes Lorber Films, Zeitgeist and other labels with tons of rare, international fare that are priced very competitively - some only have a UK release as an option, otherwise these titles are available nowhere else. I have 40 titles in my cart, all $9.99 each - wife might evict me if I pull the trigger on the purchase
Old 11-30-19, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Kino has gone with quantity over quality the past couple years when it came to dumping their licensed catalog titles out on BD. Honestly, I think it's the right move because virtually no other label would have touched many of their releases over that period.
Yes I'm thankful for of all the movies they have released on blu-ray subs or no subs.
I'm guessing most of these films would have never made it to blu-ray or dvd without Kino. And so many of their movies I never heard of, but it the same with me with other studios like Twilight Time etc. I need to see what I want to own from some of these boutique labels
before some of their films go OOP.

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Are these basically "English for the deaf and hard of hearing" aka "English SDH" subtitles, i.e the stand-in for close captions? If so, they may not be considering them as "subtitles" in the traditional sense. Kino also doesn't list the audio tracks on the back of the Consenting Adults, so they don't provide a lot of into on their discs.I can see how it can be frustrating to not have that info on the back.

Maybe every Kino Blu-ray has English SDH, and they just take it for granted people would know that?
Just seen this post, it has been a busy week getting ready for BF,seeing what I want to buy,making a few threads and shopping now plus being lazy some days.
Yes it is English SDH" subtitles I have not looked into the audio. I can not hear very good and can not always blast the sound at night because of other family members in the house.

But Kino Lorber does not have subs on all their movies. But what I found out is their website listing for some movies and the info over at blu-ray.com is sometimes different about which movie includes subs.And the label or artwork on a few on my Kino Lorber movies says nothing about have subtitles when they do have them. I mean it not a huge problem,I just rather know before I buy the film if it has subs or not.
I also own quite a few that list subtitles correctly on the back of the artwork.
Own about 50 Kino Lorber films, when I have the time I might go through them and see which ones has SDH.

Hey it is late,I'll edit tomorrow.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-30-19 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-30-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
i actually think the prices are very competitive compared to what some of these are priced on Amazon and elsewhere. 'Studio Classics' are the cheaper line. This sale includes Lorber Films, Zeitgeist and other labels with tons of rare, international fare that are priced very competitively - some only have a UK release as an option, otherwise these titles are available nowhere else. I have 40 titles in my cart, all $9.99 each - wife might evict me if I pull the trigger on the purchase
For BF, I'd like to see the prices in the $6.99 range for classic titles.
Old 12-02-19, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
For BF, I'd like to see the prices in the $6.99 range for classic titles.
Which was possible when the owning studios were actually releasing these movies themselves. The built-in licensing fees kill any chance Kino could sell most of their discs that cheaply.
Old 12-02-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kino's Cyber Monday sale is the same titles that have been on sale all month, but they raised prices on some (sigh). Here's hoping the upcoming sale Paul SD mentioned is a good one.
Old 12-04-19, 12:15 PM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

End of the Decade Sale Starts Now!
https://www.klstudioclassics.com/lis...mber-klsc-sale

Over 350 Blu-rays - $5.99 and Up!
Free USA Shipping - Orders of $50 or more!
Sale Ends 12/19/19!

Our "While Supplies Last" Sale continues!
Over 125 DVDs & Blu-rays - $5.99 and Up!
https://www.klstudioclassics.com/lis...mber-2019-sale
Old 12-04-19, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Nice prices on that Fantomas collection at $17.49.
Old 12-04-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

THnx for posting! Another that they didn't send me an email on.
Old 12-04-19, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After going through it, I've got $74 in my cart. I'm going to let it sit for a couple days & decide whether to prune to $50 for free ship & order, or pass. Most of the titles I wanted the most were higher than I'm willing to pay. $50 feels like a lot of money for films I'm only sort of interested in (I'm pretty low income).
Old 12-04-19, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Moo, curious to what you were looking to get.

Old 12-04-19, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Hey Moo, curious to what you were looking to get.
Here's what's sitting in my cart:
Boys (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $5.99 $5.99

You Never Know Women (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $8.49 $8.49

Phantom From 10,000 Leagues (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $6.49 $6.49

Becky Sharp (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $7.99 $7.99

A Bill of Divorcement (1932) (Blu-ray) $7.99 $7.99

Curse of the Faceless Man (Blu-ray)

Deluge (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $8.99 $8.99

Invisible Invaders (Blu-ray)

The Puppet Masters (Special Edition) (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $7.99 $7.99

Stingaree (Blu-ray)
Please Note: Only ships to US & Canada. $7.49 $7.49
Old 12-04-19, 09:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Moox4 - Puppet Masters is by far the best of the bunch and a real keeper. Although Phantom from 10000 is the only other I've actually seen on blu-ray, I did enjoy it, but did not hold on to it....which is my take on the others you've got your eyes on. I personally went for slightly higher priced ones like Last Year at Marienbad, Port of Shadows, Parasite 3-D, Premature Burial and Alphaville (I actually really dislike almost all Goddard, but feel it's a film that every self-respecting SF fan should see at least once). --Peter
Old 12-04-19, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Moox4 - Puppet Masters is by far the best of the bunch and a real keeper. Although Phantom from 10000 is the only other I've actually seen on blu-ray, I did enjoy it, but did not hold on to it....which is my take on the others you've got your eyes on. I personally went for slightly higher priced ones like Last Year at Marienbad, Port of Shadows, Parasite 3-D, Premature Burial and Alphaville (I actually really dislike almost all Goddard, but feel it's a film that every self-respecting SF fan should see at least once). --Peter
Thx! I'm not familiar with any that you mentioned. I'll put Alphaville on my radar.
Old 12-05-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

After going through it, I've got $74 in my cart. I'm going to let it sit for a couple days & decide whether to prune to $50 for free ship & order, or pass. Most of the titles I wanted the most were higher than I'm willing to pay. $50 feels like a lot of money for films I'm only sort of interested in (I'm pretty low income).
I would pass. I wouldn't feel comfortable if most of the stuff was too high and you're not that interested in it and just buying it to hit the $50 FS threshold. Puppet Masters is somewhat cheaper on Ebay at $6.59 (and you can make a lower/best offer), so that one probably can be had for under $6.
Old 12-05-19, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's what's sitting in my cart:
Boys (Blu-ray)
I've got a few of those, but the only one I've watched so far is Deluge.
I found it both entertaining as a vintage pulp movie, and fascinating as a cultural artifact.
A slightly creaky quality is inescapable to an extent, given how much has changed in 85 years. That it plays as well as it does, spfx included, was remarkable to me.
I paid more than a sale price for it and don't regret it a bit.
I also enjoyed it quite a bit more than the more widely known/highly regarded Things To Come (since they both could be considered examples of a 30's speculative fiction genre).

When the While-Supplies-Last sale first went up, I looked into Boys.
I've never seen it, and the reviews weren't great citing a lack of chemistry between Hass and Ryder and a suspect ending/revelation.
Ryder was the only real point of interest for me, and it didn't sound like she was showcased very well.
If you do get it, I'll be curious to see what you think of it.

I owned ...The Faceless Man on an MOD DVD. I greatly preferred it to the last several Chaney Mummy film's- as it mines that same general vibe, but with a fresher slant.
I have the Kino Bd, but haven't gotten around to revisiting it yet.

I also have Becky Sharp- which seems like a steal for the price, given the work that went into refurbishing it. Another one I haven't watched yet, though.

Ditto for Invisible Invaders. I'm not expecting much at all from that one and will probably need to be in a specific mood to ever hope to enjoy it.

Someday I need to get around to seeing Bill Of Divorcement. I used to be a big John Barrymore fan.

Old 12-05-19, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I saw Boys many years ago & liked it; but i was young & have no memory of the plot. I've had a crush on both Ryder & Ricci for decades (lol).
Old 12-05-19, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
I would pass. I wouldn't feel comfortable if most of the stuff was too high and you're not that interested in it and just buying it to hit the $50 FS threshold. Puppet Masters is somewhat cheaper on Ebay at $6.59 (and you can make a lower/best offer), so that one probably can be had for under $6.
Thanx for the tip! I got it for $6.25 + tax. I checked the rest of my list, all were significantly higher priced on ebay (& Kino appears to be one of the few retailers who doesn't charge me tax; that's almost an 11% additional discount). I also hear your point. That's why I haven't ordered so far. I would like to get Boys & You Never Know Women (both have been in my cart for a month).
Old 12-06-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

End of the Decade Sale Starts Now!

Over 350 Blu-rays - $5.99 and Up!
Sale Ends 12/19/19!
Where my “Touchez Pas au Grisbi” at?
Was hoping to see that one.

Old 12-06-19, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was in the previous Noir sale that just ended.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.