Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

ClassicFlix Summer Sale 16 blu rays $7.48 to $15

Old 08-07-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ClassicFlix Summer Sale 16 blu rays $7.48 to $15

https://www.classicflix.com/products...n%5B%5D=154507

Actual one of them is $15.98 .

Includes John Alton Film Noir Collection (T-Men / Raw Deal / He Walked by Night) - The ClassicFlix Restorations on Blu-ray for $15.98

Shipping is flat rate of $2.99 per order. Sales Tax for California.

And it actual is 15 films on sale as the John Alton Film Noir Collection is listed twice with what appears to be different packaging.

Last edited by Classic Films; 08-07-18 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-07-18, 04:32 PM

Re: ClassicFlix Summer Sale 16 blu rays $7.48 to $15

I know this is the Blu-ray bargains forum, but I thought it might be worth mentioning for anyone making an order that there are some DVD-only titles in this sale at pretty nice prices too. I ended up getting The Complete Hal Roach Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly Comedy Collection at $19.98 and It's About Time - The Complete Series for $14.98. Remove the blu-ray filter on the search results to see the DVD titles too.
Old 08-07-18, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post

Includes John Alton Film Noir Collection (T-Men / Raw Deal / He Walked by Night) - The ClassicFlix Restorations on Blu-ray for $15.98

And it actual is 15 films on sale as the John Alton Film Noir Collection is listed twice with what appears to be different packaging.
The cheaper one is all three movies on a single disc without any special features, which the more expensive version has across 3 discs, one for each title
Old 08-08-18, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post

I've got the identical Roan DVD set. Obviously blu is an upgrade over dvd; but beyond that does anyone know is this transfer a major upgrade over the Roan (which was probably the best of the PD dvd manufacturers)?
Old 08-08-18, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
The cheaper one is all three movies on a single disc without any special features, which the more expensive version has across 3 discs, one for each title
Thanks for the info. I didn't know all 3 films would be on one disc.

Here are the special features missing from cheaper set

He Walked By Night
BONUS FEATURES:

Audio Commentary by biographer and producer Alan K. Rode & writer and film historian Julie Kirgo
Below the Surface: He Walked by Night - Featurette with cinematographer Richard Crudo, film critic & author Todd McCarthy, writer and film historian Julie Kirgo, film historian & director Courtney Joyner and biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
Image gallery with rare stills and posters
PLUS: A 24 page booklet with an essay by author Max Alvarez (The Crime Films of Anthony Mann) featuring stills, posters and other production material

T-Men
BONUS FEATURES:

Audio Commentary by biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
Into the Darkness: Mann, Alton and T-Men - Featurette with cinematographer Richard Crudo, film critic & author Todd McCarthy, writer and film historian Julie Kirgo, film historian & director Courtney Joyner and biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
A Director’s Daughter: Nina Mann Remembers - An Interview with Nina Mann
PLUS: A 24 page booklet with an essay by author Max Alvarez (The Crime Films of Anthony Mann) featuring stills, posters and other production material
The mono soundtrack has been restored is uncompressed (Blu-ray only) on this release.

Raw Deal
BONUS FEATURES:

Feature length audio commentary by author and film historian Jeremy Arnold
Deadly is the Male: The Making of Raw Deal - A Featurette with writer and film historian Julie Kirgo, film historian & director Courtney Joyner and biographer & producer Alan K. Rode
Dennis O’Keefe: An Extraordinary Ordinary Guy - A featurette with Jim O’Keefe (son of Dennis O’Keefe) and biographer & producer Alan K. Rode & film historian & director Courtney Joyner
An image gallery with rare stills, posters and other promotional material
Restoration Comparison
Trailers
The mono soundtrack has been restored is uncompressed on this release
Old 08-08-18, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
I've got the identical Roan DVD set. Obviously blu is an upgrade over dvd; but beyond that does anyone know is this transfer a major upgrade over the Roan (which was probably the best of the PD dvd manufacturers)?
I ended up getting the Alton blu set a few months ago (The one with all the extras). I still haven't watched any, but dvdbeaver had pretty good things to say about T-Men. The DVD set is in the comparison, so you may want to give the review a look. This blu set has some great noirs, and I just decided to bite the bullet and pay extra for all the goodies. Looking forward to diving in the commentaries.