Reload this Page >

Arrow Video Sales Thread

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Arrow Video Sales Thread

Old 04-16-22, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

I caved on the Arrow US sale and bought the Battles Without Honor and Humanity series for $30 (included $5 shipping) + taxes. That seemed like a good deal to me.
Old 04-26-22, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts

Not sure where else to put this since it might only be of interest to Canadians, but Unobstructed View has a new 48-hour flash sale on Arrow titles. Some improved pricing over their previous sales, too:
https://unobstructedview.com/arrow-f..._list_limit=36
Old 07-05-23, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got an email from Zavvi announcing Arrow UK’s ‘Camp Arrow Video IV’ sale, which I’m assuming will start running at Arrow’s own UK and US sites momentarily, as well as at the usual partner sites (Grindhouse? MVD? Diabolik? Unobstructed View?). Just a heads-up . . .

EDIT: Arrow’s US version is up:
https://www.arrowvideo.com/camp-arrow-video-summer-sale-2023.list

And the UK version:
https://www.arrowfilms.com/camp-arrow-video-sale-2023.list

Last edited by Brian T; 07-05-23 at 06:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (07-05-23)
Old 07-05-23, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by Brian T
Just got an email from Zavvi announcing Arrow UK’s ‘Camp Arrow Video IV’ sale, which I’m assuming will start running at Arrow’s own UK and US sites momentarily, as well as at the usual partner sites (Grindhouse? MVD? Diabolik? Unobstructed View?). Just a heads-up . . .

https://www.arrowvideo.com/camp-arro...sale-2023.list

And the UK version:
https://www.arrowfilms.com/camp-arro...sale-2023.list
Dont I feel like George Costanza 'lord of the idiots', paying $49 for the Django Steekbook (with Texas, Adios) a couple of years ago during the Django BD 'fiasco'
Old 07-05-23, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Arrow Video Sales Thread

In case any Canadians are reading, as expected Unobstructed View’s Camp Arrow sale is up now:

https://unobstructedview.com/camp-arrow.html
Old 07-06-23, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

https://www.arrowvideo.com/camp-arro...sale-2023.list

And the UK version:
https://www.arrowfilms.com/camp-arro...sale-2023.list

Use DARKNESSARROW23 for 10% off order. Works on both US and UK sites. Note: seems to only work on Arrow blurays and not Third Window Films (if you're browsing on the UK site).
BobO'Link (07-07-23)
Old 07-06-23, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wish I’d seen that code sooner, but I’ll live. For once, Unobstructed View’s pricing for a lot of the titles, even with Canadian tax added, was better (at least for us) than ordering from the US site and paying the exchange (even with Arrow’s low $5.49 US to Canada shipping. So after some criss-crossing of carts I managed put together 20 titles split evenly between the countries for the lowest prices from both sites.
Old 07-07-23, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Does anyone know the end date for the sale?
Old 07-07-23, 12:05 PM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Does anyone know the end date for the sale?
July 31.
Old 07-07-23, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Use DARKNESSARROW23 for 10% off order. Works on both US and UK sites. Note: seems to only work on Arrow blurays and not Third Window Films (if you're browsing on the UK site).

Code doesn't work on 4K pre-orders, as far as I can tell. I tried pre-ordering Time Bandits and Psycho 4K sets from Arrow's UK site and says it can't be added to order.
sleepyhead55 (07-07-23)
Old 07-08-23, 06:29 AM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Does any know for sure of the “ Years of Lead” set is the limited ed. w/booklet or standard? the pic. on the site shows the limited but…-
Old 09-26-23, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This might be better in the Amazon thread, but seems relevant here too: Amazon has Shawscope 2 down to $89.45. It's been around $94 for a while now, so while this isn't much of a drop, it might be in the realm of justifiability for some folks. I'm tempted, but also tempted to wait and see if some place like Hamilton Book blows these out like they did the first set.
Amazon Amazon

Also, they've got Sonny Chiba's EXECUTIONER 2-pack for $17.00, listed as 'Overstock' (usually $20 in the Arrow sales, I think). I've been seeing that on occasion lately. Should that be read as an indication something is going OOP, or is it literally just extra stock they picked up?
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Brian T; 09-26-23 at 03:17 PM.
DVD Polizei (09-29-23)
Old 10-05-23, 11:27 AM

Shocktober Sale starts tomorrow:

The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
Adam Tyner (10-05-23), DiggityDawg (10-05-23)
Old 10-06-23, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy crap – Shawscope 2 for $35!

In for a couple of those, to start . . .

Also noticed two Shaw 4-movie sets and one 3-movie set available now, spun out of the first box. Hadn’t heard those announced before.

Also $40 for the Empire Video Store box, which seems good for those so inclined. Looks like it might be new packaging though?

Last edited by Brian T; 10-06-23 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-06-23, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Fuck! They changed the price of Shawscope 2 back to $100!
Old 10-06-23, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
Fuck! They changed the price of Shawscope 2 back to $100!
I noticed that when I saw it in the ‘you recently viewed’ section as I was scrolling the sale titles. Thought it maybe recognized that I’d already placed an order and only reset the price for me to prevent me stocking up, but I guess not. Now to wait and see if I get a cancellation.

When I first posted earlier, I noted that a bunch of titles were $35, which made me think it wasn’t much of a sale, but then those all suddenly adjusted to the usual sale prices, but Shawscope stayed at $35. Kinda surprising if that was a legit mistake though. Surely they must’ve got a bunch of orders in for it. I have really vague memories of something like that happening with Vol. 1 as well, although I was probably hours late to the party.

Last edited by Brian T; 10-06-23 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-06-23, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks like the best deals are on some of the box sets, over 50% off.I ordered Enter the Video Store and the Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast for $40 each, with flat $4.99 shipping
Old 10-06-23, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,062 Likes on 643 Posts

I keep trying to scroll through the sale with the page numbers or the next page button and every time it takes me to a page saying this:

Sorry We Couldn't Find Any Results Matching ""

PLEASE TRY AND SEARCH AGAIN..
  • Check your spelling
  • Use one or two key words
  • Try a different search term
Please note this product may have been discontinued

I cleared my cookies, tried different browsers but nothing is working. Anyone else having that issue?
Old 10-06-23, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Yeah, both Firefox and Chrome.

I'm considering telling my wife that a website error just saved us a bunch of money.
Old 10-06-23, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,062 Likes on 643 Posts

Looks like they fixed it. Go spend some dough!
Old 10-10-23, 08:20 AM

Also noticed two Shaw 4-movie sets and one 3-movie set available now, spun out of the first box. Hadn’t heard those announced before.

Also $40 for the Empire Video Store box, which seems good for those so inclined. Looks like it might be new packaging though?
It sounds like they are honoring the price error.
Old 10-10-23, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14
It sounds like they are honoring the price error.
I did get a shipping notice on Saturday. I'm still a little skeptical about how much of an "error" it really was. I only noticed it because I go to bed super late some nights (morning, actually), so I just happened receive one of Arrow's routine "your wishlist has new pricedrops" emails as I was nodding off, showing the $35 price. This was at 7 am Toronto time, and I figured the sale probably started hours earlier (my time?, some country's time?), and that the prices had been adjusted (even if incorrectly) long enough for them to not only generate their pre-programmed email based on the four saved items on my Wishlist but also long before the actual sale announcement eblast, which arrived 10 hours later. I suppose the sale could have started just moments before I received that blast, so it was purely lucky timing, but as I mentioned I vaguely recall an "error" like this occurred with Volume 1 during a sale a few years ago. I remember reading about it later and kicking myself for not catching it. I ultimately ended up getting Vol. 1 for +/- $85 elsewhere, only then to have Hamilton Books sell a bunch for $60! (so I grabbed an extra set anyway )

I guess one lesson here is to perpetually keep stuff in your Arrow Wishlist, because whatever email program they use might give you a heads-up on a severe price-drop 'error' before they even send out a notification that a sale is live! And Kudos to them for honouring it regardless. They plainly didn't have to. I find they're also pretty good about replacing stuff that gets lost in the mail.

ADDED: I also noticed that Shout's Shaw Collection Vol. 1 was around $85 in a Prime Day eblast this morning (which I see Dec posted in the Amazon deals thread). Since I don't have Prime, it was off limits to me but now I have a new benchmark of roughly what I'd be willing to pay for all five of those sets.

Last edited by Brian T; 10-10-23 at 06:13 PM.
DVD Polizei (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

That's actually a very simple but great idea...
Old 10-10-23, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

The Empire Video Store box just contains the movies, and doesn't have the booklet or anything else.
Old 10-10-23, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
The Empire Video Store box just contains the movies, and doesn't have the booklet or anything else.
I figured that in my earlier post and confirmed it on the weekend at a video store here (they still exist!). It’s just a thin cardboard box with the five Blu-Ray cases inside. It’s deceptive on their site because the artwork and photo angle seems identical to the earlier deluxe set.

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
That's actually a very simple but great idea...
I’d imagine a lot of folks have wish lists at many of these boutiques, but in my experience Arrow seems to be the only one that routinely – almost to the point of annoyance – sends an alert every time there’s a price fluctuation (as well as the standard “you looked at this – still want it?” emails). I’ve sometimes thought of just clearing the list just to stop them since it only has four items in it, but in this case I’m glad I didn’t. Actually, Hamilton Book does this as well, though with less frequency. They also send alerts if something OOS on your wish list comes back in stock.

- - - -

Picked up some other odds ‘n ends in Arrow sale as well:

- NEW FIST OF FURY LIMITED EDITION $20.00
- WARRIORS TWO - ORIGINAL ARTWORK SLIPCOVER - $20.00
- HAND OF DEATH LIMITED EDITION - $20.00
- MADHOUSE - $17.00
- DUNE - $20.00
- IREZUMI - $20.00
- DOBERMAN COP $17.00

- BLOOD TIDE - $17.00*
- BLOODSTONE - $17.00*
- THE ZERO BOYS - $17.00*
- THE WIND - $17.00*
- DEATH HAS BLUE EYES - 20.00*

* You know when you’re loading up on Nico Mastorakis films that it’s probably time to call it a day since you’ve already got every Arrow title you really want. I like some of his stuff, but really . . .

I do wish Arrow would shift more of their older titles down to $15 instead of $17, but what can you do.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.