Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Arrow Video Sales Thread

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Arrow Video Sales Thread

Old 03-31-21, 08:24 AM
  #176  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 322
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: ARROW VIDEO "Easter Carnage Sale" through April 13, 2021

Ordered Basket Case $16.99 and Don’t Torture a Duckling $18.99
Old 07-01-21, 09:51 PM
  #177  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,793
Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

More than 600 titles on sale!

Don't make the mistake I did! There's a 10% off coupon -- welcomejuly21 -- that I forgot about. I also dragged my feet on finalizing my order, so I missed out on Versus. (I picked up Phantom Lady, The Big Clock, The Suspicious Death of a Minor, the Invisible Man double feature, and the UHD BD of Tremors.)

If you don't want to futz with importing from the UK or if there are US-only titles you're interested in, check out Diabolik DVD's Camp Arrow sale.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (07-01-21)
Old 07-01-21, 11:50 PM
  #178  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,448
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
More than 600 titles on sale!

Don't make the mistake I did! There's a 10% off coupon -- welcomejuly21 -- that I forgot about. I also dragged my feet on finalizing my order, so I missed out on Versus. (I picked up Phantom Lady, The Big Clock, The Suspicious Death of a Minor, the Invisible Man double feature, and the UHD BD of Tremors.)

If you don't want to futz with importing from the UK or if there are US-only titles you're interested in, check out Diabolik DVD's Camp Arrow sale.
Twice, upon checking out and paying by card, the site logged me out when I hit pay button.

EDIT; Was logged out a 3rd time too after entering card payment. Finally switched to PayPal and order went through. Got 12 titles for a lot lesser than what US sites want for them. Thank you

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 07-01-21 at 11:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (07-02-21)
Old 07-02-21, 01:00 AM
  #179  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,356
Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

In the FWIW department -- Barnes and Noble joined the party of Arrow Summer Sale. 50% OFF MSRP. Presume the sale will run the full July 2 - Aug 2 dates, but I can't find a listing for that information yet

For those not Region Free for whatever reason and for those items exclusive to the US it might be worth a look
Old 07-02-21, 11:24 PM
  #180  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,551
Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Anyone ever have an issue using a credit card on the Arrow site? In trying to use my Amazon Visa since it doesn't charge international fees, but the site keeps saying number is not valid. The number is entered correctly, so I don't understand the problem.
Old 07-02-21, 11:29 PM
  #181  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,356
Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by clckworang
Anyone ever have an issue using a credit card on the Arrow site? In trying to use my Amazon Visa since it doesn't charge international fees, but the site keeps saying number is not valid. The number is entered correctly, so I don't understand the problem.

Several people at Bluray.com were having some sort of issue. Laidbacklarkin a couple posts back mentioned issues with CC, but not Paypal
Old 07-03-21, 02:53 PM
  #182  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,448
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by clckworang
Anyone ever have an issue using a credit card on the Arrow site? In trying to use my Amazon Visa since it doesn't charge international fees, but the site keeps saying number is not valid. The number is entered correctly, so I don't understand the problem.
Originally Posted by hariseldon
Several people at Bluray.com were having some sort of issue. Laidbacklarkin a couple posts back mentioned issues with CC, but not Paypal
yes, I was using a Chase/Amazon Visa for the same reason that it doesn’t charge currency conversion fees. My attempt to pay resulted in Arrow logging me out of the site on 3 attempts. Eventually went the PayPal route that cost me appr $6 more for the transaction, that I didn’t mind over 12 titles. The inconvenience was undesired but they did ship out the order in less than 12 hrs of placing the order.
Old 07-03-21, 03:16 PM
  #183  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,356
Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
yes, I was using a Chase/Amazon Visa for the same reason that it doesn’t charge currency conversion fees. My attempt to pay resulted in Arrow logging me out of the site on 3 attempts. Eventually went the PayPal route that cost me appr $6 more for the transaction, that I didn’t mind over 12 titles. The inconvenience was undesired but they did ship out the order in less than 12 hrs of placing the order.
Can you not add the Amazon CC to Paypal and pay with it to avoid the FOREX fee (you have to manually switch to Local Currency each time)? Or you don't want to link your Amazon card to Paypal;
Old 07-03-21, 03:47 PM
  #184  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,448
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Can you not add the Amazon CC to Paypal and pay with it to avoid the FOREX fee (you have to manually switch to Local Currency each time)? Or you don't want to link your Amazon card to Paypal;
I do have it linked in addition to another card as well a bank account that PayPal needs. It didn’t matter which option I chose - I cycled thru all in my PayPal options list and the total transaction amount was the same - $6 more than at Chase’s own conversion rate
Old 07-03-21, 06:20 PM
  #185  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,551
Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
yes, I was using a Chase/Amazon Visa for the same reason that it doesn’t charge currency conversion fees. My attempt to pay resulted in Arrow logging me out of the site on 3 attempts. Eventually went the PayPal route that cost me appr $6 more for the transaction, that I didn’t mind over 12 titles. The inconvenience was undesired but they did ship out the order in less than 12 hrs of placing the order.
I placed a larger order than I had planned, so when the Amazon Visa wouldn't work, I used PayPal credit instead. Even though it might cost a little more, I don't have to pay all at once to avoid interest charges. I can at least spread the pain.

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Can you not add the Amazon CC to Paypal and pay with it to avoid the FOREX fee (you have to manually switch to Local Currency each time)? Or you don't want to link your Amazon card to Paypal;
I tried that and got another error. I think maybe the transaction got flagged as possible fraud given that it was an international purchase. I tried to call but customer service was closed. Of course, Amazon had no problem taking the card when I checked out an order with them.
Old 07-03-21, 08:07 PM
  #186  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,356
Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
I do have it linked in addition to another card as well a bank account that PayPal needs. It didn’t matter which option I chose - I cycled thru all in my PayPal options list and the total transaction amount was the same - $6 more than at Chase’s own conversion rate
Usually there would have have been some page that asks to pay/change currency and let bank set the conversion. I know it took me several tries to find the correct combination due to the wording to get to the best payment

You're sending with CC#
You;ll pay $xx/xx (this screen you want to see in GBP/EU/Yen/etc
Convert currency with PayPal "CHANGE" -- Click Change and you'll see options Covert with PAYPAL and the above will be $ (they'll add the FOREX) or "Convert with card issuer" and it will be Local Currency

If you choose the latter then that will send the charge in Local and the bank exchange rate without Forex Fee for Cap One or Amazon Prime Card

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-03-21 at 08:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (07-03-21)
Old 07-05-21, 02:53 PM
  #187  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,197
Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
More than 600 titles on sale!

Don't make the mistake I did! There's a 10% off coupon -- welcomejuly21 -- that I forgot about. I also dragged my feet on finalizing my order, so I missed out on Versus. (I picked up Phantom Lady, The Big Clock, The Suspicious Death of a Minor, the Invisible Man double feature, and the UHD BD of Tremors.)

If you don't want to futz with importing from the UK or if there are US-only titles you're interested in, check out Diabolik DVD's Camp Arrow sale.

I got Versus from Amazon for $19.99 last night and it already shipped to be delivered tomorrow.
Old 07-05-21, 03:33 PM
  #188  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,793
Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

I was going to order from B&N, but the $3 GC I had sitting around seems to have expired. But I wound up ordering Versus from Amazon the other night too, and it’s apparently going to be here on Thursday.
Old 07-05-21, 10:39 PM
  #189  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
clckworang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The toe nail of Texas
Posts: 9,551
Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

I got notification that my order with Arrow has shipped.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (07-06-21)
Old 01-27-22, 05:40 PM
  #190  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,671
Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

New Arrow sale on boxed sets. Some decent prices in this bunch when you break some of them down 'per movie' . . .
https://www.arrowvideo.com/boxset-sale-2022.list

The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (01-27-22)
Old 04-13-22, 10:35 AM
  #191  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,478
Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Arrow Easter sale.

US
https://www.arrowvideo.com/easter-sale-2022.list

UK
https://www.arrowfilms.com/easter-sale-2022.list
Old 04-13-22, 02:20 PM
  #192  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,671
Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Pretty sure a lot of those $17.00 titles were $15.00 in several previous sales. Some (but not all, I think) of the boxed sets seem slightly higher this time too, so might wise to select carefully or hold off for a different sale.
Old 04-13-22, 02:35 PM
  #193  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,356
Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by Brian T
Pretty sure a lot of those $17.00 titles were $15.00 in several previous sales. Some (but not all, I think) of the boxed sets seem slightly higher this time too, so might wise to select carefully or hold off for a different sale.

Pretty much all the £7-8 (older titles) and £10 (newer release) appear to repriced at £9 and 12.
Not sure if this is just this sale or THG's new price points for sale since they bought Arrow, I suspect the latter.
Old 04-13-22, 03:18 PM
  #194  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,283
Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Got a little bonus at work so I splurged on the Cold War Creatures box and The Invisible Man Appears.
Old 04-13-22, 03:30 PM
  #195  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,448
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by Brian T
Pretty sure a lot of those $17.00 titles were $15.00 in several previous sales. Some (but not all, I think) of the boxed sets seem slightly higher this time too, so might wise to select carefully or hold off for a different sale.
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
😜😜
Old 04-13-22, 03:42 PM
  #196  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,478
Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering the Years Of Lead and Vengeance Trails sets.
Old 04-13-22, 09:40 PM
  #197  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 322
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Ordered a few titles, The Woman, Invisible Man, and Stepmom is an Alien
Old 04-14-22, 08:55 AM
  #198  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,671
Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Cute. Although I didn't say everything was marked up higher than previous sales. There are still some prices there that are the same this time around – especially on some of the boxed sets (got a couple myself this time) – so thankfully it's only selective inflation for now!
Old 04-14-22, 07:23 PM
  #199  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,448
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

Originally Posted by Brian T
Cute. Although I didn't say everything was marked up higher than previous sales. There are still some prices there that are the same this time around – especially on some of the boxed sets (got a couple myself this time) – so thankfully it's only selective inflation for now!
the sticker shock from everyday things like groceries is having me rein in discretionary spending to the point where I have stopped purchasing media altogether save for the finds at the occasional thrift store run. Volatile times we’re living in
The following 2 users liked this post by laidbacklarkin:
MooMooMooMoo (04-15-22), PhantomStranger (04-15-22)
Old 04-15-22, 08:51 AM
  #200  
DVD Talk Legend
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,423
Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

I wanted a few things but the prices are just not that good. At best I'd save a buck or three over most other vendor's "everyday" prices and that's just not enough to get me to bite.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.