Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: ARROW VIDEO "Easter Carnage Sale" through April 13, 2021

Ordered Basket Case $16.99 and Don’t Torture a Duckling $18.99
Old 07-01-21, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

More than 600 titles on sale!

Don't make the mistake I did! There's a 10% off coupon -- welcomejuly21 -- that I forgot about. I also dragged my feet on finalizing my order, so I missed out on Versus. (I picked up Phantom Lady, The Big Clock, The Suspicious Death of a Minor, the Invisible Man double feature, and the UHD BD of Tremors.)

If you don't want to futz with importing from the UK or if there are US-only titles you're interested in, check out Diabolik DVD's Camp Arrow sale.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (07-01-21)
Old 07-01-21, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
re: Arrow Video - Camp Arrow Sale

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner

Don't make the mistake I did! There's a 10% off coupon -- welcomejuly21 -- that I forgot about. I also dragged my feet on finalizing my order, so I missed out on Versus. (I picked up Phantom Lady, The Big Clock, The Suspicious Death of a Minor, the Invisible Man double feature, and the UHD BD of Tremors.)

If you don't want to futz with importing from the UK or if there are US-only titles you're interested in, check out Diabolik DVD's Camp Arrow sale.
Twice, upon checking out and paying by card, the site logged me out when I hit pay button.

EDIT; Was logged out a 3rd time too after entering card payment. Finally switched to PayPal and order went through. Got 12 titles for a lot lesser than what US sites want for them. Thank you

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 07-01-21 at 11:57 PM.
Adam Tyner (07-02-21)
Old 07-02-21, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

In the FWIW department -- Barnes and Noble joined the party of Arrow Summer Sale. 50% OFF MSRP. Presume the sale will run the full July 2 - Aug 2 dates, but I can't find a listing for that information yet

For those not Region Free for whatever reason and for those items exclusive to the US it might be worth a look
Old 07-02-21, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Anyone ever have an issue using a credit card on the Arrow site? In trying to use my Amazon Visa since it doesn't charge international fees, but the site keeps saying number is not valid. The number is entered correctly, so I don't understand the problem.
Old 07-02-21, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Anyone ever have an issue using a credit card on the Arrow site? In trying to use my Amazon Visa since it doesn't charge international fees, but the site keeps saying number is not valid. The number is entered correctly, so I don't understand the problem.

Several people at Bluray.com were having some sort of issue. Laidbacklarkin a couple posts back mentioned issues with CC, but not Paypal
Old 07-03-21, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Originally Posted by hariseldon
Several people at Bluray.com were having some sort of issue. Laidbacklarkin a couple posts back mentioned issues with CC, but not Paypal
yes, I was using a Chase/Amazon Visa for the same reason that it doesn’t charge currency conversion fees. My attempt to pay resulted in Arrow logging me out of the site on 3 attempts. Eventually went the PayPal route that cost me appr $6 more for the transaction, that I didn’t mind over 12 titles. The inconvenience was undesired but they did ship out the order in less than 12 hrs of placing the order.
Old 07-03-21, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
yes, I was using a Chase/Amazon Visa for the same reason that it doesn’t charge currency conversion fees. My attempt to pay resulted in Arrow logging me out of the site on 3 attempts. Eventually went the PayPal route that cost me appr $6 more for the transaction, that I didn’t mind over 12 titles. The inconvenience was undesired but they did ship out the order in less than 12 hrs of placing the order.
Can you not add the Amazon CC to Paypal and pay with it to avoid the FOREX fee (you have to manually switch to Local Currency each time)? Or you don't want to link your Amazon card to Paypal;
Old 07-03-21, 03:47 PM

Can you not add the Amazon CC to Paypal and pay with it to avoid the FOREX fee (you have to manually switch to Local Currency each time)? Or you don't want to link your Amazon card to Paypal;
I do have it linked in addition to another card as well a bank account that PayPal needs. It didn’t matter which option I chose - I cycled thru all in my PayPal options list and the total transaction amount was the same - $6 more than at Chase’s own conversion rate
Old 07-03-21, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I placed a larger order than I had planned, so when the Amazon Visa wouldn't work, I used PayPal credit instead. Even though it might cost a little more, I don't have to pay all at once to avoid interest charges. I can at least spread the pain.

I tried that and got another error. I think maybe the transaction got flagged as possible fraud given that it was an international purchase. I tried to call but customer service was closed. Of course, Amazon had no problem taking the card when I checked out an order with them.
Old 07-03-21, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do have it linked in addition to another card as well a bank account that PayPal needs. It didn’t matter which option I chose - I cycled thru all in my PayPal options list and the total transaction amount was the same - $6 more than at Chase’s own conversion rate
Usually there would have have been some page that asks to pay/change currency and let bank set the conversion. I know it took me several tries to find the correct combination due to the wording to get to the best payment

You're sending with CC#
You;ll pay $xx/xx (this screen you want to see in GBP/EU/Yen/etc
Convert currency with PayPal "CHANGE" -- Click Change and you'll see options Covert with PAYPAL and the above will be $ (they'll add the FOREX) or "Convert with card issuer" and it will be Local Currency

If you choose the latter then that will send the charge in Local and the bank exchange rate without Forex Fee for Cap One or Amazon Prime Card

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-03-21 at 08:21 PM.
laidbacklarkin (07-03-21)
Old 07-05-21, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,188 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner

I got Versus from Amazon for $19.99 last night and it already shipped to be delivered tomorrow.
Old 07-05-21, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

I was going to order from B&N, but the $3 GC I had sitting around seems to have expired. But I wound up ordering Versus from Amazon the other night too, and it’s apparently going to be here on Thursday.
Old 07-05-21, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got notification that my order with Arrow has shipped.
Adam Tyner (07-06-21)
Old 01-27-22, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
re: MVD Shop sales thread

New Arrow sale on boxed sets. Some decent prices in this bunch when you break some of them down 'per movie' . . .
https://www.arrowvideo.com/boxset-sale-2022.list

laidbacklarkin (01-27-22)
Old 04-13-22, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Arrow Easter sale.

US
https://www.arrowvideo.com/easter-sale-2022.list

UK
https://www.arrowfilms.com/easter-sale-2022.list
Old 04-13-22, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Pretty sure a lot of those $17.00 titles were $15.00 in several previous sales. Some (but not all, I think) of the boxed sets seem slightly higher this time too, so might wise to select carefully or hold off for a different sale.
Old 04-13-22, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T
Pretty sure a lot of those $17.00 titles were $15.00 in several previous sales. Some (but not all, I think) of the boxed sets seem slightly higher this time too, so might wise to select carefully or hold off for a different sale.

Pretty much all the £7-8 (older titles) and £10 (newer release) appear to repriced at £9 and 12.
Not sure if this is just this sale or THG's new price points for sale since they bought Arrow, I suspect the latter.
Old 04-13-22, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Got a little bonus at work so I splurged on the Cold War Creatures box and The Invisible Man Appears.
Old 04-13-22, 03:30 PM

https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm
😜😜
Old 04-13-22, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering the Years Of Lead and Vengeance Trails sets.
Old 04-13-22, 09:40 PM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Ordered a few titles, The Woman, Invisible Man, and Stepmom is an Alien
Old 04-14-22, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cute. Although I didn't say everything was marked up higher than previous sales. There are still some prices there that are the same this time around – especially on some of the boxed sets (got a couple myself this time) – so thankfully it's only selective inflation for now!
Old 04-14-22, 07:23 PM

Cute. Although I didn't say everything was marked up higher than previous sales. There are still some prices there that are the same this time around – especially on some of the boxed sets (got a couple myself this time) – so thankfully it's only selective inflation for now!
the sticker shock from everyday things like groceries is having me rein in discretionary spending to the point where I have stopped purchasing media altogether save for the finds at the occasional thrift store run. Volatile times we’re living in
The following 2 users liked this post by laidbacklarkin:
MooMooMooMoo (04-15-22), PhantomStranger (04-15-22)
Old 04-15-22, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I wanted a few things but the prices are just not that good. At best I'd save a buck or three over most other vendor's "everyday" prices and that's just not enough to get me to bite.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.