Search this Thread

Old 05-02-18, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts
Code Red 30% off sale at Screen Archives

From their email blast:

ALL CODE RED TITLES ON SALE!
30% OFF WITH CODE CR5218
Sale begins Wednesday, May 2nd and ends Wednesday, May 9th at Midnight EST!
Some pretty good deals, especially on their cheap DVDs.

http://www1.screenarchives.com/displ...VD&perpage=100

Last edited by Brian T; 05-02-18 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-02-18, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Code Red 30% off sale at Screen Archives

Some BD's significantly lower priced at Hamiltonbooks - shipping is a flat $4 unlike SA's gouging on S/H

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/product...h=Start+Search

Code Red DVD's at Hamiltonbooks (appears to be lower priced at SA on many titles):

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/product...ed&pf%5B3%5D=3
Old 05-02-18, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought about the Hamilton Books thing too late! I cleaned out their CR titles a while back. Kinda hoping they get more, especially in the $10 range, but it's been awhile. Seems like they're the only place that gets old/remaindered Code Red stock?

Last edited by Brian T; 05-02-18 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-02-18, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T
I thought about the Hamilton Books thing too late! I cleaned out their CR titles a while back. Kinda hoping they get more, especially in the $10 range, but it's been awhile.
Same strategy here as well. Those CR titles at HB have been available for a while and I don't see any of them having gone OOS. But on a related note, why is it that very few to none CR titles have any reviews on bluray.com ? I would like to get a fair idea of PQ and AQ attributes prior to purchase but am having to filter them from the mindboggling array of dumb Amazon reviews
Old 05-02-18, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nathaniel Thompson has reviews of a lot of Code Red stuff at Mondo Digital, and in most cases charts their history on home video from the days of VHS onward. He's not as hair-splitty as the BRcom folks, but it's usually enough for me to decide if a purchase is wise at sale prices. I usually look the movie up first on IMDb, then click through to his site via the "critics reviews" page.

Amazon is basically pointless anymore. Too many people submitting seller feedback as "reviews" and, as always, Amazon does nothing because it helps crank up the star ratings on just about everything.
Old 05-02-18, 02:03 PM

Nathaniel Thompson has reviews of a lot of Code Red stuff at Mondo Digital, and in most cases charts their history on home video from the days of VHS onward. He's not as hair-splitty as the BRcom folks, but it's usually enough for me to decide if a purchase is wise at sale prices. I usually look the movie up first on IMDb, then click through to his site via the "critics reviews" page.

Amazon is basically pointless anymore. Too many people submitting seller feedback as "reviews" and, as always, Amazon does nothing because it helps crank up the star ratings on just about everything.
Much obliged for that information
Old 05-02-18, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Amazon has washed out much of the "signal" in their review section. What was once an invaluable guide has now been lost, likely permanently.