Reload this Page >

Barnes & Noble 50% off MSRP British TV Sale

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp ?? (III)

25% Off Single Item
Store Coupon T8Y9U4E and Online Coupon WISHLIST
valid at BN.com from December 18, 2017 at 12:01am to December 22, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 18, 2017 to December 21, 2017 at close of business

20% Off Single Item Online
D4M8K3B
-- Unknown Expiration. Could be Dec 31 exp

20% off orders of $50+
TIMETOGIVE
Expires December 20, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time

"New Member" Welcome Coupons
Welcome coupons may be dead -- or at least the type that have been available for nearly a decade. The latest set now have what appears to be single use codes so these probably no longer will be generic/multiple use style.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Sale starts CyberMonday and goes to the end of the day Monday December 18

60% OFF BRITISH TV Blu-rays
60% Off British TV DVDs
I would check other sources since many of the older DVD sets have been 60-75% off (or more on clearance) in the past so even with coupons it may not be a great price

20% Off Single Item Online
D4M8K3B
-- Unknown Expiration. Could be Dec 31 exp

25% Off Single Item
Store Coupon T8Y9U4E and Online Coupon WISHLIST
valid at BN.com from December 18, 2017 at 12:01am to December 22, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 18, 2017 to December 21, 2017 at close of business

A few notable newer release items -- prices noted pre-coupon
Orphan Black Complete Series $43.99 -- not as good as the BBCShop glitch a couple months ago, but $45 after the 20% is a nice deal NOT 50% OFF ONLINE 11/30 -- I'll update later if needed
Orphan Black S5 $14
Sherlock S1-4 + Abominable Bride $39.99 NOT 50% OFF ONLINE 11/30 -- I'll update later if needed
Doctor Who Complete Series 10 $27.99 NOT 50% OFF ONLINE 11/30 -- I'll update later if needed
The Fall Complete Series Collection 27.99
BBC House of Cards Trilogy 19.99
Sherlock Season 4 $17.99
Night Manager $16.39
Humans 2.0 $15.99
Red Dwarf Xii 15.99
Ripper Street S5 $13.99
George Gently Complete Series $60
Doc Martin Season 8 16.99 -- I think Series 9 next year will be the conclusion

SPOILERED a bunch of links from past sales though many of them may be long term OOS
Spoiler:
Doctor Who Christmas Specials Gift Set $29
Prime Suspect: Complete Collection $60
Ripper Street: Season Four $17.50
Orphan Black: Season 4 $17.50
Peaky Blinders: Series Two $17.50 - let's just call this a classic British TV series that isn't for everyone
Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes: Complete Series $115
Murdoch Mysteries: Collection 5-8 $75
Murdoch Mysteries: Season 09 $30
Humans S1 $20
The Night Manager S1 $20.50

DVD -- be careful. Many of these have been available at very discounts on Amazon, etc and several of the series have been re-released in new packaging with drastically different MSRP than some of these sets.
Red Dwarf: the Complete Collection $99.99 (Amazon had this 2016 at $45)
Absolutely Fabulous: Complete Series (Special Ed) 79.50
Allo Allo: Complete Collection $125
Foyle's War: Complete Saga $100
Foyle's War: the Home Front Files, Sets 1-6 Series 7 and 8 are on Bluray if you prefer mixed media.
Upstairs Downstairs Ultimate Collection $100
Are You Being Served?: the Complete Collection $50
Yes Minister: the Complete Collection $30 -- got these 2 series a couple years ago and it's really hard to tell you how funny I find them esp right now
Yes Prime Miniester: The Complete Collection $25 (and yes B&N still has it Mis-spelled)
Black Adder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition $40
Fawlty Towers Complete Series $25
Miss Marple: The Complete Collection $50
Jeeves & Wooster: The Complete Collection $30
Doc Martin: Six Surly Seasons & The Movies $62.50. Season 7 was released on Bluray, but I'm unaware that 1-6 will ever get that treatment

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-18-17 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-28-17, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes & Noble 50% off MSRP British TV Sale

I've noticed that not all British titles are on-sale on-line yet, particularly those on the PBS label, such as Wolf Hall and Home Fires. However, certain PBS titles are 50% off, such as Poldark and Victoria.
Old 11-28-17, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sherlock 1-4 & the movie...$39.99 w/coupon (does work, just tried). I don't think I can say no. Why do I have to love any form of Sherlock so much....whyieeeeee. Ordered. Thanks OP.
Old 11-28-17, 01:05 PM

Bought over $150 worth, and the 20% off coupon worked fine. I see that last year they had 25% off one item when the sale started.
Old 11-28-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Sherlock 1-4 & the movie...$39.99 w/coupon (does work, just tried). Thanks OP.
Same here! Glad I held off buying these seasons till now.
Old 11-30-17, 08:25 AM

My Sherlock set shipped last night and should be here Tuesday looks like (via UPS). It will be interesting to see if it was shipped reasonably considering it is a boxset after all.
Old 12-06-17, 09:22 AM

My Sherlock set shipped last night and should be here Tuesday looks like (via UPS). It will be interesting to see if it was shipped reasonably considering it is a boxset after all.
I did get my Sherlock set last night, the box was a little mangled on one part in the center of the back but not enough for me to return it. The cases and discs were fine. They basically shipped it in a box that was just a teeny bit bigger than the actual contents and didn't use anything like peanuts or bubble wrap to hold it in. A little frustrating but okay.
Old 12-06-17, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I did get my Sherlock set last night, the box was a little mangled on one part in the center of the back but not enough for me to return it. The cases and discs were fine. They basically shipped it in a box that was just a teeny bit bigger than the actual contents and didn't use anything like peanuts or bubble wrap to hold it in. A little frustrating but okay.
Same situation here. I am surprised it wasn't more mangled.
Old 12-07-17, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The sale has expanded to include more titles at 50% off and some at 60% off.
Old 12-07-17, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
25% Off Single Item
Store Coupon V7D9E7X and Online Coupon GETGIFTING
Expires 12/11/2017 2:59am ET
I've used this coupon five times so far. Safe to say it is re-usable.
Old 12-07-17, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not too bad when it works like we hope. i assume those were online orders although instore the printable will work as many times as a clerk will allow you to got through the line (once per transaction) though the fine print gives them an out. The generic 8 character codes USUALLY allow it.

13 Character Codes tend to be one time use -- most of the time once online or in-store though there can be some wiggle room. In May or June they did close the hole which was allowing pretty much all online codes to be an infinite number of times.
Yep, all five were online orders.
Old 12-08-17, 06:42 AM
Cool New Member

Someone was asking why Wolf Hall wasn't on sale online (unknown), but it looks like it is.
The Last Kingdom S2 was, but S1 still isn't online. I think most of those would be 50% off in store, but that would probably requires item checks.
Just ordered Wolf Hall for $16 shipped and bought S1 and 2 of The Last Kingdom in store last weekend and both were 50% off.
Old 12-11-17, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

GIFTS4ALL 20% Coupon works with the 60% off titles so some real bargains here.
Old 12-11-17, 02:34 PM
Cool New Member

Seasons 2-5 of Ripper Street in Blu totaled $47.79 shipped
Old 12-12-17, 10:04 AM

Came back from my local store. 60% off in-store.
Old 12-12-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

So far the 60% sale has no signs of ending and even a few 50% items have now bumped to 60%.
It's unknown if the in-store items will follow through the end of the sale yet. I'll report if this is going to last to the end of the online sale and esp if it this will also be in-store
The in-store signage says the 60% sale ends 12/17.
Old 12-14-17, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't know if it has always been there as I do not shop B&N a lot, but I noticed this in the terms....

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, print on demand products, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Moleskine Smart Writing Set Paper Tablet and Pen+, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Online Clearance, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department, (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store Sale and Clearance Items, in-store Hardcover Bestseller Program 30% off (40% off for Members), products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts,"; (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discounts except when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites, or at Barnes & Noble Kitchens. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 12-17-17, 09:59 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you hariseldon. I have used several of the 25% off codes during this sale. Also all the information you have given just ROCKS!
Old 12-19-17, 10:35 AM

Ordered series 13 of Poirot on Blu-ray last week. Came this morning, and only disc 3 is in the case. Looked like it was factory sealed. Wonder if my local B&N will believe me when I ask for a refund or a replacement?
Old 12-19-17, 06:59 PM

Gave me a refund. No way would my local B&N carry something like Poirot on Blu-ray.