Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy -- Black Friday 2017 Ad

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-17, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Re: Best Buy -- Black Friday 2017 Ad

Best Buy finally restocked the Spider Man Legacy Collection 4K. It's $5 cheaper than it was earlier this week, at $50 for 5 films.
Old 11-23-17, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

I just drove by the Auburn BB around 2pm on the way to the grocery store.No one around.
BF moving into turkey day kind of kills it for me.Was going to order some movies online but just noticed
Wonder Woman and the few others I might want are in store only.Hope Amazon matches.

Edit
Missed Wonder Woman for $7 at Amazon

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-23-17 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-23-17, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a crazy thing that happened, maybe some of you can give me some context.

This morning around 9am, I put a bunch of movies into an order on Best Buy online. Spiderman Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Guardians otG 2, and about 6 or seven more BF deals. Ordered, made an account, allowed text updates, paid via PayPal. Since I ordered on my phone, I captured a screenshot of the receipt.

I got a PayPal email.
No email from BB.
Got a text with the order number.
All around 9am.

Went to Wal-Mart tonight, just a few min ago actually, and I wanted to make sure I had gotten the Blu of something and not the DVD. I still had no email confirmation from BB. Tried to log in to my new acct ... nothing. Tried to check the order number as a guest order ... no luck. Thought I might have gotten my acct password wrong, so tried "forgot my password" ... I never received an email to reset it.

When I went online to see if the deals were still in place, most of them were "In Store" only. But they weren't this morning.

Anyone experiencing wonky shit with BB's website today? And is there a good reason to have this sinking feeling that I may not get my stuff, or is that just crazy talk?
Old 11-23-17, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I went to Best Buy tonight after seeing Coco.

Surprisingly it was a really fast and pleasant experience. Found parking right away and the store actually wasn't a mess. All the Blus and 4K UHD were pretty neatly organized in the front. I was in and out in about 1 hour.

I picked up:

4K UHD:

Transformers: The Last Knight
Red 1 and 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Blus:

Lego Batman
Wonder Woman (animated)
Life
Cult of Chucky

DVD:

NCIS Season 14

XBox One:

FIFA 18
XBox One controller

San Disk 64gb USB flash drive

Gifts for friends:

2 Amazon Fire TV sticks

2 Wonder Woman 4K UHD

2 Spider-Man Homecoming Blus

I spent about $273 and change.

Receipt said I saved well over $330.
Old 11-23-17, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Here's a crazy thing that happened, maybe some of you can give me some context.

This morning around 9am, I put a bunch of movies into an order on Best Buy online. Spiderman Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Guardians otG 2, and about 6 or seven more BF deals. Ordered, made an account, allowed text updates, paid via PayPal. Since I ordered on my phone, I captured a screenshot of the receipt.

I got a PayPal email.
No email from BB.
Got a text with the order number.
All around 9am.

Went to Wal-Mart tonight, just a few min ago actually, and I wanted to make sure I had gotten the Blu of something and not the DVD. I still had no email confirmation from BB. Tried to log in to my new acct ... nothing. Tried to check the order number as a guest order ... no luck. Thought I might have gotten my acct password wrong, so tried "forgot my password" ... I never received an email to reset it.

When I went online to see if the deals were still in place, most of them were "In Store" only. But they weren't this morning.

Anyone experiencing wonky shit with BB's website today? And is there a good reason to have this sinking feeling that I may not get my stuff, or is that just crazy talk?
I didn't get an email confirmation of an order I was able to place around 2:30am central time until 4:30pm (so around 14 hours later) and had to do it through guest checkout as it wouldn't save my account data. However, I did verify at the time I placed it that it did show on their website.

I'd either call them or ask them on their community forums to look into it if you don't get the email confirmation by the time you wake up tomorrow.
Old 11-24-17, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch079
I didn't get an email confirmation of an order I was able to place around 2:30am central time until 4:30pm (so around 14 hours later) and had to do it through guest checkout as it wouldn't save my account data. However, I did verify at the time I placed it that it did show on their website.

I'd either call them or ask them on their community forums to look into it if you don't get the email confirmation by the time you wake up tomorrow.
I didn't think about that, thanks!
Old 11-25-17, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I stopped by the store this morning and didn't really see anything I needed. I did place an online order on Thursday morning for:
Elf
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Sicario
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Old 11-25-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemondrop
Bummed out at the lack of deals the past couple years.
Grabbed a few Blu-ray discs from a couple different places.
I did find the new Resident Evil Blu and for some reason it sold it to me for 3.49, though the price is $5.99 now. Same thing happened with Underworld Blood Wars. I don't know if it was from the hammering the site was getting or what.
I'll take the discount
There is a small list of Sony BDs that have a $5 discount when you buy two of them. Those are both part of the list. The list also includes the MIB Trilogy and Bad Boys 1&2.
Old 11-26-17, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ The above list is now all Buy One Get One Free this week, which makes it a better deal.
Old 11-26-17, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
^ The above list is now all Buy One Get One Free this week, which makes it a better deal.
I bought 2 of those on Friday for $7 total. Thought I got a great deal, but they're a buck cheaper now. If I have a few minutes to spare I might try to call and see if they'll credit me. They just "shipped" today and I don't see myself near the store this week.

Edit: Went ahead and re-purchased. Got the extra $1 for picking them up in store, so both titles for $4.99. Now just have to work out plans to be near the store by the end of the week to make a return as well. The things I do to save a buck 2 bucks.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 11-26-17 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-26-17, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny how when Black Friday rolls around slipcovers seem to just remove themselves from their Blu-Rays. I was really looking forward to picking up Cult of Chucky but both Best Buys I went to didn't have a single copy with a slipcover, which is odd considering up until this week they seemed to have an endless stock of copies with slips.
Old 11-26-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

So grand total, I spent roughly $453 at Best Buy this Black Friday.

And no, it wasn't only on Blu-Rays and 4K UHDs. I did buy a few other accessories/gifts for frriends, a Android TV box, an XBox One controller and game.

The thing I find hard about Black Friday is not making it all about you shopping-wise.
Old 11-26-17, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
It's funny how when Black Friday rolls around slipcovers seem to just remove themselves from their Blu-Rays. I was really looking forward to picking up Cult of Chucky but both Best Buys I went to didn't have a single copy with a slipcover, which is odd considering up until this week they seemed to have an endless stock of copies with slips.
Ordered this on the 23rd (for $5.96) and came in today with a slip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-27-17, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Ordered this on the 23rd (for $5.96) and came in today with a slip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks! Took a gamble and just ordered it since it was still that price. The $6 is worth it to have the film in 3 formats, and if mine doesn't come with a slip I'm sure I'll come across a used copy with one when the price goes down sooner or later.

I also ordered The Year Without A Santa Claus on BD since it was $7.88. Here's hoping that comes with a slip too.
Old 11-27-17, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

they raised the price on many of the titles compared to when the sale started yesterday
Old 11-27-17, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Thanks! Took a gamble and just ordered it since it was still that price. The $6 is worth it to have the film in 3 formats, and if mine doesn't come with a slip I'm sure I'll come across a used copy with one when the price goes down sooner or later.

Old 11-28-17, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I ordered The Shallows and Don't Breath. They also qualified for the $1 off on each one if I switched for in store pick up. So it brought the cost down to $2.50 per movie after taxes.
Old 11-28-17, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Yeah, I ordered The Shallows and Don't Breath. They also qualified for the $1 off on each one if I switched for in store pick up. So it brought the cost down to $2.50 per movie after taxes.
One correction, if I'm not mistaken. The $1 off was on the order, not each one. At least that's the way my order worked.

$5.99 BOGO for both films, minus the $1 = $4.99 before tax or around $2.50 per BD.
Old 11-28-17, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
One correction, if I'm not mistaken. The $1 off was on the order, not each one. At least that's the way my order worked.

$5.99 BOGO for both films, minus the $1 = $4.99 before tax or around $2.50 per BD.
the $1 off applies to every title in your order. Since this is a BOGO and one title gets zeroed out in price, the $1 off applies only to the title that you are paying for
Old 11-28-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
the $1 off applies to every title in your order. Since this is a BOGO and one title gets zeroed out in price, the $1 off applies only to the title that you are paying for
Guess that makes sense.
Old 11-29-17, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just for the record, I got my order in from Best Buy's Black Friday last night. 3 4k Discs, thrown in a cardboard mailer. And they all had slips (Spider-man Home, War POTA, Dark Tower). The War Planet of the Apes slip was a little damaged but the others were excellent amazingly. And unfortunately, while I like slips...I have given up on them being perfect. But all good, just hopefully can find time to watch them.
Old 11-29-17, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, one of my BB Black Friday orders shipped from Kentucky and took a detour by way of Puerto Rico. I guess USPS figured one island is as good as another? Given PR's condition, I can only imagine I'll never see the package.
Old 11-29-17, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Old 11-29-17, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Sounds like a horror show. Best Buy and Amazon using USPS has been more negative than positive. I have had several Prime orders come at least a day late because of USPS. Hell, one of them they tried to post as incorrect address just to not have to deliver it that day. It came two days later with the correct address, of course.
Old 11-29-17, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, one of my BB Black Friday orders shipped from Kentucky and took a detour by way of Puerto Rico. I guess USPS figured one island is as good as another?
Perhaps the package was addressed to "an island, sitting in the middle of an ocean, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.”

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.