Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-03-22, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/

BLU-RAY SCHEDULE

We list new arrivals on our website once every four weeks. The new receipt schedule is below. Each date is a Monday, and titles appear on the website in the early evening.
2024 Schedule:
1/8/24
2/5/24
3/4/24
4/1/24
4/29/24
5/27/24
6/24/24
7/22/24
8/19/24
9/16/24
10/14/24
11/11/24
12/9/24
Print Wikipost

Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-19, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
When do new CD listings normally go live, GoldenWheels? I have a huge CD order in my cart and just wondering.
After reading your post, I went through the "price cut" cd's & found 3 (possibly 4) that I want. Going through all the thousands of cd's feels a bit overwhelming. Wondering if you found anything really special that wasn't a "price cut"?
Old 02-09-19, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
After reading your post, I went through the "price cut" cd's & found 3 (possibly 4) that I want. Going through all the thousands of cd's feels a bit overwhelming. Wondering if you found anything really special that wasn't a "price cut"?
It really depends on your tastes - if they lean towards classic rock, you're probably out of luck. They widely carry a number of UK imports collecting the entire periods of some classic country artists, like this one:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/george-...en-classic-lps

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/marty-r...ings-1952-1960

They also have some Real Gone CDs at cheap prices:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-sou...c-of-christmas
Old 02-09-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It really depends on your tastes - if they lean towards classic rock, you're probably out of luck. They widely carry a number of UK imports collecting the entire periods of some classic country artists, like this one:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/george-...en-classic-lps

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/marty-r...ings-1952-1960

They also have some Real Gone CDs at cheap prices:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-sou...c-of-christmas
Thanks! I'm not into country, modern hip hop (all variations), opera, punk or metal; I like some of just about everything else. Interested in the Real Gone list, I just clicked on it. The 4 In my cart are 3 jazz sets, & a UK legal Bowie boot (that's the one I'm on the fence about)
Old 02-10-19, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I emailed Hamilton asking when their would be new product. They response, "this week".
Old 02-10-19, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I emailed Hamilton asking when their would be new product. They response, "this week".
Yeah, it should be very early Tuesday morning.
Old 02-10-19, 09:49 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

And for the next new arrivals batch, that will be Tuesday AM of 2/12. In this case, because we are just "flipping a switch" to make them visible, everything should just "pop" in, and there should be no weird web performance etc. (please bear with us the first time...sometimes you do web stuff and it doesn't go the way you expect it to!)

Now, the nice thing about this for you guys is regularity. Barring a human disaster here, every New Arrivals batch will now become visible every four weeks from this first date, no variances of a day here and there any more. So, keep these dates in mind:

2/12
3/12
4/9
5/7
6/4
7/2
7/30
8/27
9/24
10/22
11/19
12/17
Old 02-11-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Cart behavior has been a real issue since we started to get noticed by the blu-ray.com guys. I'm not at liberty to say WHY but we are adjusting the cart behavior rules very soon so it will perform better, and far more like what you suggest here.
Big thanks for the update. Looking forward to any improvements to the cart system. Also, for the general shopping experience, it might be nice to see a "view by most recent arrivals" to the drop-down sorting menu, rather than just alphabetical, price low/high, and popular.
Old 02-11-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Big thanks for the update. Looking forward to any improvements to the cart system. Also, for the general shopping experience, it might be nice to see a "view by most recent arrivals" to the drop-down sorting menu, rather than just alphabetical, price low/high, and popular.
Doesn;t that essentially already exist in the Power Search menu using the ADDED SINCE selection or does that work differently than what you are wishing for?
Old 02-11-19, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Doesn;t that essentially already exist in the Power Search menu using the ADDED SINCE selection or does that work differently than what you are wishing for?
I suppose that would work, but I prefer a simpler option without having to adjust a three-part set of date menus and all that other stuff. And the sort menu in the Power Search section is the same as it is for regular search results, plus "relevance". What I'd prefer to do is, for example, click the "Blu-Rays" menu up top, then sort by "Most Recent". Two steps. Probably a minor quibble, but I'd think it's also a minor upgrade.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-11-19 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-11-19, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

I see where you are. I was just thinking of the Search Menu
Old 02-11-19, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've had issues with the Power Search, mostly the wrong "binding" (i.e. cd, dvd, blu, books) showing up
Old 02-12-19, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dex14

Now, the nice thing about this for you guys is regularity. Barring a human disaster here, every New Arrivals batch will now become visible every four weeks from this first date, no variances of a day here and there any more. So, keep these dates in mind:

2/12
nothing so far.
Old 02-12-19, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

nothing so far.
They reported on b-r.com that they are having tech issues and it may not be up until tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-13-19, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They got the new stuff up. Please keep in mind the following comments reflect my tastes, what I already own, & my beliefs about what constitutes value pricing.

Bottom line, there was nothing for me. No blu's I was remotely interested in at the price (when I've bought from HB in the past there were some really good bargains; that's what I didn't see tonight). There were some nice dvd's though I already owned most of what interested me. The one item I considered was a really cool boot dvd called Woodstock Diary, but it's a buck cheaper on Amazon. CD's were mostly legal Euro boots; the one thing I would recommend at the price that I already have is an official Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac import best of at $6.95.

And one of the 3 cd's in my cart was sold out. Oh well. YMMV.
Old 02-13-19, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Listing of new Blu-rays:
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/product...&power_search=
Old 02-13-19, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw quite a few decent deals for my tastes last night, but admittedly added more of them to my cart from the DVD listings than the Blu-rays, but then I'm partial to some of the B-movies (new and old) they get in stock, and they flip quite nicely up here when I'm done, assuming I don't keep them. Good deal on the Image/Something Weird Drive-in Collection DVD set (7 movies, 4 discs, $5.95), for example. Some good Warner Blus for $5.95. Common stuff, but a few classics in the mix. Already had a bunch of stuff in my cart, so now it's time to play the shuffling game (and try to catch what they drop from it prematurely!) . . .

Don't know why they bother with the Shout/Severin/etc. stuff as there doesn't seem to be much discounting on those.

Also noticed a good number of UK discs this time, but some don't have the little region hexagon symbols on the backs to tell if they're region-free.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-13-19 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-13-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cart behavior has been a real issue since we started to get noticed by the blu-ray.com guys. I'm not at liberty to say WHY but we are adjusting the cart behavior rules very soon so it will perform better, and far more like what you suggest here.
Just had my cart drop from 24 to 23 items, but I actually got a (brief) notification of which title disappeared, which was helpful. Unfortunately, it was a title that dropped from the cart a few weeks back and hasn't been available since, so I'm guessing you folks are working out some bugs at the moment?
Old 02-13-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Saw quite a few decent deals for my tastes last night, but admittedly added more of them to my cart from the DVD listings than the Blu-rays, but then I'm partial to some of the B-movies (new and old) they get in stock, and they flip quite nicely up here when I'm done, assuming I don't keep them. Good deal on the Image/Something Weird Drive-in Collection DVD set (7 movies, 4 discs, $5.95), for example. Some good Warner Blus for $5.95. Common stuff, but a few classics in the mix. Already had a bunch of stuff in my cart, so now it's time to play the shuffling game (and try to catch what they drop from it prematurely!) . . .

Don't know why they bother with the Shout/Severin/etc. stuff as there doesn't seem to be much discounting on those.

Also noticed a good number of UK discs this time, but some don't have the little region hexagon symbols on the backs to tell if they're region-free.
All are region free
Old 02-13-19, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
All are region free
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player.

You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
Old 02-13-19, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

They have decent deals on older MVD and Shout stuff. I got Lionheart and AP13 steelbook for decent deals. Not world breaking but good.
Old 02-14-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player. You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
Good advice. Personally I've either already got those titles (either the imports or the domestics) or don't need/want them, but was kind of thinking HB might benefit by adding a "Region Free Import" line to those listings for customers who might be a bit puzzled by the packaging and the odd UK rating symbols.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-14-19 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-20-19, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player.

You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
That's my goal, I look them all up first...even so I bought a Kickboxer collection that was PAL....D'oh!
Old 02-20-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just had my cart drop from 24 to 23 items, but I actually got a (brief) notification of which title disappeared, which was helpful. Unfortunately, it was a title that dropped from the cart a few weeks back and hasn't been available since, so I'm guessing you folks are working out some bugs at the moment?
We just added the cart drop out message last week. I think that feature was just "catching up" with your cache/cart when we rolled it out.
Old 02-20-19, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will try to add the new arrivals links here each month, as I do at BR.com (well, I do now, I just figured out I could do it this last time)
Old 02-20-19, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's my goal, I look them all up first...even so I bought a Kickboxer collection that was PAL....D'oh!
Did you buy the Kickboxer collection from Hamilton Book?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.