DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Warner Archive 4 for $44 Plus Free Shipping (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/640710-warner-archive-4-%2444-plus-free-shipping.html)

Classic Films 07-12-17 12:25 PM

Warner Archive 4 for $44 Plus Free Shipping

http://www.wbshop.com/category/wbsho...ersAscend&cx=0

All items stay at $11 per if you add more than 4 . So really sale is all items are $11 each for 4 or more films.

laidbacklarkin 07-12-17 12:29 PM

Re: Warner Archive 4 for $44 Plus Free Shipping

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 13112345)

Damn, no rest for the wicked :-) Thanks. Just what the wallet did NOT need

Brian T 07-12-17 12:42 PM

Says free shipping, but I don't see it this time. Tried various amounts of titles (even though I only need four), but nothing tips the scales . . . yet?

EDIT: Same as the March sale, I guess. You don't see the Free Shipping until checkout. Strange. ;)

clckworang 07-12-17 12:44 PM

But aren't these just BD-R discs? I demand factory pressed! ;)

Classic Films 07-12-17 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brian T (Post 13112364)
Says free shipping, but I don't see it this time. Tried various amounts of titles (even though I only need four), but nothing tips the scales . . . yet?

There is free shipping with 4 or more items. I got it.

clckworang 07-12-17 12:49 PM

I might be I for four if I can decide on three to include with Ride the High Country. I think I'm missing one of the Bogart films. I need to verify.

Classic Films 07-12-17 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 13112355)
Wow -- Batman The Brave and the Bold S3 is allowed. I wasn't expecting to see that on the list.

Yeah that was a surprised I just bought it at the Amazon/Walmart price war a week ago for more than it is here. Can't win them all.

Brian T 07-12-17 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 13112366)
There is free shipping with 4 or more items. I got it.

Already updated my post above just as you replied. :)

MooMooMooMoo 07-12-17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 13112355)
Wow -- Batman The Brave and the Bold S3 is allowed. I wasn't expecting to see that on the list.

AND yes just to anticipate and answer the question that will invariable get asked 4 or 5 times per page:

ALL BLURAYS ARE STANDARD PRESSED BLURAYS just like every other Warner bluray. NONE OF THEM ARE BDR

Nothing left to buy though. BN 40% sale already got the last list up to and including the June releases

A bit of a change from the last sale I think has to do with the last Website sale
"For applicable purchases, we collect and remit sales and use tax in all USA states except for Alaska, Delaware, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming."

Big GROWL on the sales tax. The pols get richer & we get.........

For me the $11 turns into $12.15

There's 6 br's I want (+ who knows how many dvd's) but that 10.5% sales tax in my state (where Warner does NOT have a physical presence) REALLY SUCKS.

Hazel Motes 07-12-17 05:33 PM

damn. Ballad of Cable Hogue and Running on Empty aren't included. bummer.

BackStJoe 07-14-17 07:20 AM

Thanks! Picked up:

The Yakuza
Possessed
Time After Time
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Classic Films 07-17-17 10:13 PM

I received half my order. The website shows nothing has shipped. I received no shipping notice so it was a surprise when the package arrived today. First time I have ordered from WBShop since 2015 when the sale was 5 for $50.

Jon2 07-18-17 12:56 PM

Came here to inquire if anyone had received their orders yet.

Got an email from WB on 07.12... with a link which takes me to the account signing page... which takes me to my account... which has notice saying the order can't be tracked. :hscratch:

Neglected to mention that the link in the email was a text link that reads, "track the status of your order at any time".

Righttttt. :hscratch:

Brian T 07-18-17 01:37 PM

No tracking on my order either (placed July 12), but got a notification from my parcel pick-up place in Michigan that it arrived yesterday from Illinois. Apparently, every other WB order I've placed since 2012 has had tracking, so maybe they're pinching pennies on that service?

MooMooMooMoo 07-18-17 03:14 PM

At least with the USPS tracking is now free on everything except letters & flats (large letters).

DVD Polizei 07-29-17 10:18 AM

Cannot believe these people. I told them to cancel one order due to the wrong shipping address (my mistake) and I sent the specific order number to be canceled and mentioned I would create another order.

What happens.

Both orders I made were canceled. :lol:

Classic Films 08-07-17 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 13115416)
I received half my order.

I never received the second half of my order so I sent an e-mail and they sent the rest of the blus after confirming with their warehouse.