Deep Discount Warner TV Sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 07-09-17, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

http://www.deepdiscount.com/warner-b...=AB&ft=Blu-ray

Some good deals on recent season sets and older ones. Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow ,
Supergirl, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, The Last Ship, Leftovers etc.

For some reason I am currently unable to get to Deep Discount using Google Chrome. I have no problem using Microsoft Edge. I mention this in case anyone has a problem with the link.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-10-17 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-09-17, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Deep Discount Warner TV Sale

Some good deals there. Thanks.
Old 07-11-17, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Classic Films
For some reason I am currently unable to get to Deep Discount using Google Chrome. I have no problem using Microsoft Edge. I mention this in case anyone has a problem with the link.
Deep Discount has a large "wad" of Javascript that must be processed before loading anything on their site. I want to tear it apart one day to see what it's doing, but at the very least is submitting a form automatically. My best guess is it's their way of discouraging bots. Unfortunately it also blocks every browser on my (admittedly aged) smartphone. Their loss.
Old 07-12-17, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by thetao
Deep Discount has a large "wad" of Javascript that must be processed before loading anything on their site. I want to tear it apart one day to see what it's doing, but at the very least is submitting a form automatically. My best guess is it's their way of discouraging bots. Unfortunately it also blocks every browser on my (admittedly aged) smartphone. Their loss.
If you want to see who the scripts are from, get a Mozilla browser & install free add on "No Script" (great security tool, also).

It's pretty weird out there. Their are are very few pages that don't have a facebook script for one.

I agree DD has way too many scripts; though I find Amazon to be worse as far as the scripts hogging memory.
Old 07-12-17, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 625 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I have a work Chromebook I use at home sometimes. DD loads slowly but eventually works. I also have 2 adblocking plugins on it (don't know just what at the moment as I don't have it with me).
Old 07-12-17, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wish DD would match the Wac sale. No sales tax.
Old 11-23-17, 10:57 AM

I thought I would bump this thread. DD has latest Warner TV shows seasons such as Arrow, Flash , Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Big Bang Theory are $12.23 each after 15% discount. Some like Arrow and Flash are already sold out but DD has been better lately about not cancelling sold out items. Hopefully that will continue.

Discount code is "GOBBLE"

http://www.deepdiscount.com/deep-war...ailabledateNew
Old 11-25-17, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

It's been that way for a couple of years. I have no idea why a retail site would design it like that, I can't think of a single other retail site like it.
Old 11-25-17, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They do have a TON of scripts. And what I want to know, is why is there a Facebook script on almost every page on the web (or maybe I don't want to know!).
Old 11-26-17, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Because they want you to log into every site with your Facebook account (why anyone thinks that's a good idea is beyond me). That way they can track/target you better (Facebook and the site via "likes"). They also track non Facebook users via cookies, etc. and attempt to target them as well. Every computer I use regularly has Facebook completely blocked.
Old 11-26-17, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
They do have a TON of scripts. And what I want to know, is why is there a Facebook script on almost every page on the web (or maybe I don't want to know!).
Virtually every site on the net is loaded with Facebook tracking. The web would run far more smoothly if Facebook disappeared tomorrow.
Old 03-06-18, 08:47 AM

Another Warner TV sale at Deep Discount. Some good prices to complete your collections.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/warner-...ay#!?pagenum=1
Old 03-06-18, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Tempted by Rick and Morty but I'm only going complete series from here on out.
Old 03-06-18, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are you familiar with the Mozilla NoScript extension? You're right; they have a ton of scripts.
Old 03-06-18, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^I truly dislike that extension on FF Quantum. I've switched to uMatrix. I generally like it better but there are times I just can't get something to work right even if I disable it. I never know if that's due to the new FF rendering engine or the blocker not actually switching off. I'll usually resort to another browser for that site for that single instance and then clear all cache/history in said other browser.

Even with script blockers, the DD site is horrendously sluggish.
Old 03-06-18, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't think they care about bots as much as they care about db and graphics overlays that are less involved and more gui-based. In other words, tons of js.

In any case, might pick up 11.22.63 and a few others. Anyone seen 11.22.63?
Old 03-06-18, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Anyone seen 11.22.63?
My wife and I enjoyed it for the most part during our free month of HULU. There are for sure some cringe worthy reasons for the TV-MA rating.
Old 03-06-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think they care about bots as much as they care about db and graphics overlays that are less involved and more gui-based. In other words, tons of js.

Deepdiscount redesigned their site to make it much tougher for Google and competitors to index their prices.

It's still a poorly designed site for actual customers.
Old 03-07-18, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched it a few months back. It started off pretty good, but by the end I'd lost some interest - maybe because I watched too many episodes at once. I'd recommend it in any case.
Old 03-07-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
My wife and I enjoyed it for the most part...
The exact words I was going to use

I found out that the parts of it I wasn't as fond of, where I felt it it jumped it's track a little bit, were the parts they invented for the mini-series and that weren't a part of the original novel. Once that storyline was finished, the series rights itself and barrels along just fine to a conclusion that you can easily see coming the whole way, but that still remains effective (primarily for the coda)

I love time travel stories, and while this wasn't the best I've seen, there is still a lovely central relationship at the heart of it.

I don't regret the time or money I invested in watching it and do plan to revisit it again at some point a few years from now.

Also, regardless of his personal issues in real life, I genuinely liked Franco in this. I thought he made for a fine lead.
Old 03-07-18, 09:23 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
My wife and I enjoyed it for the most part ...
Originally Posted by Paul_SD
The exact words I was going to use
You watched it with b2net’s wife too?
Old 03-07-18, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Deepdiscount redesigned their site to make it much tougher for Google and competitors to index their prices.

It's still a poorly designed site for actual customers.
Don't worry customers, we haven't neglected our commitment to make you miserable too!

As you enter a search term it suggests results, but when the search is executed the result is always "Sorry, no results found" no matter what words you search.

Brilliant.
Old 03-08-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

On the PC using IE11 or Chrome, it is a good experience. Using Chrome on Android is another story all together and a miserable one at that.
Old 03-08-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I've never had that issue with DD search. Almost always when I enter a name or UPC code and hit enter it get some results. It's often pretty broad, but I can usually narrow it pretty quickly by choosing Movie/Bluray.

If you always get a No Results message it makes me wonder if there's some sort of browser issue.

Search Warner Archives under Movies I get 2818 results
Click 3D -- 7 choices
or Bluray 150+ options

I can then sort by Date, price, or title

Normally I find it works pretty well especially compared to Amazon where nothing like that really works well at all and sorting a big list by price is worthless.
The search engine occasionally doesn't work. I've encountered it as well.
Old 03-08-18, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by rjh_54
I watched it a few months back. It started off pretty good, but by the end I'd lost some interest - maybe because I watched too many episodes at once. I'd recommend it in any case.
Thanks for reply!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.