No Wiki
Print Wikipost

[DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-20, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

This is very tempting. I definitely would like the blu of Wax Museum. My only hesitation is a recent (2 days ago) cataract surgery that seems to be having some issues. I.E., I may not be watching as many films to put it mildly. I was told it may be 3 weeks before we know if the surgery was botched or if the intense light sensitivity, + strong whites & blues will go away or if I'm screwed for life.
Old 07-10-20, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Even better the 5 off 50 code still seems to work
WBAFF5
That'll cover the shipping plus tax for many on 5 or 6 item orders and a lot of the tax of bigger orders that get FS already
You couldn't have posted this 3 minutes earlier, before I made my order?

Oh well. This has become my favorite sale. It's a bummer they don't produce new extras, but otherwise Warner Archive is top of the class when it comes to delivering a quality product.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (07-10-20)
Old 07-10-20, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Slightly off topic, but does MGM ever offer these types of sales. $20 for a mod dvd is high.
Old 07-10-20, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Slightly off topic, but does MGM ever offer these types of sales. $20 for a mod dvd is high.
Never seen any other studio MOD line do any sale, much less something this nice
Old 07-10-20, 04:44 PM

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Usually I spend a fortune when wbshop does this. I think I’m finally caught up on stuff I want from them.
Old 07-10-20, 04:48 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The big cashback site also gives 3.5% back for wbshop.
Old 07-10-20, 04:49 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I've occasionally seen deals on them at deepdiscount and oldies.com or ebay.

Last edited by g; 07-10-20 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-10-20, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Best bang for the restoration buck, at this price can never say no to WAC. In for 16 titles, can't wait to re-watch 'The Stalking Moon' on HD. If anyone is looking for a solid recommendation, this is a must see flick
Old 07-10-20, 09:49 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Since the last 40% off all blu rays B&N sale in December excluded most but not all Warner Archive titles the 4 for $44 sale has been my go to sale for the archive titles. I purchased many in April and now July 2020 sales. Did notice you need to purchase $150 for free shipping. Even if regular price counts toward $150 I didn't come close to that and so paid $2.50 for shipping. Emailed receipt showed a much higher shipping cost but the total charge was based on $2.50 shipping.
Old 07-11-20, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/25...ldon;13770531]Even better the 5 off 50 code still seems to work
WBAFF5
That'll cover the shipping plus tax for many on 5 or 6 item orders and a lot of the tax of bigger orders that get FS already
Thanks for the code. I wouldn't have bitten without it. Came to $57.50 for 5 with tax.

1 Operation Heartbeat (U.M.C.) (MOD)
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$1.99)
1 $12.99
$11.00
1 Blackmail (1939) (MOD)
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
1 $21.99
$11.00
1 The Hunger (BD)
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
1 $21.99
$11.00
1 While the City Sleeps (BD)
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
1 $21.99
$11.00
1 Mystery of the Wax Museum (BD)
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
1 $21.99
$11.00

I know the dvd-rs aren't much of a sale, but there were only 3 blu's on sale I wanted.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 07-12-20 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-15-20, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This has probably been asked(by me) & answered, but can anyone remind me if WAC tends to be really slow on fulfillment?
Old 07-15-20, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

During sales they can be slow, but they also are notorious for shipping items and not notifying the customer.
Half my WBShop orders over the years arrived before I got notice of shipment or the Delivery Services sent me an incoming package message. Even the online order page often doesn't update to shipped for a while
MooMooMooMoo (07-15-20)
Old 07-15-20, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

I ordered day 1 of the sale and just received my discs. As with my previous order in March, no notification was sent.
MooMooMooMoo (07-15-20)
Old 07-15-20, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And just to prove me wrong -- just got a shipment email for my Sunday order of 4

The track link goes to the normal UPS site instead of UPSMI -- can't remember is you can track MI packages directly on UPS.com.
I guess I;ll see in a couple days

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-15-20 at 05:43 PM.
MooMooMooMoo (07-15-20)
Old 07-16-20, 12:46 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

On the other hand my Friday July 10th order is still listed as unfulfilled. Last sale in April my Friday order shipped the following Monday. I guess its possible something I ordered is out of stock. I don't think they ship partial orders.
Old 07-17-20, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I noticed today on the WAC web site the only contact is a phone #. I intend to call them tomorrow (Friday) & get a shipping date (if they actually answer the phone)
Old 07-17-20, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I noticed today on the WAC web site the only contact is a phone #. I intend to call them tomorrow (Friday) & get a shipping date (if they actually answer the phone)
Weird; Firefox blocks the form. It shows up on Chrome based browsers.
Old 07-20-20, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know if WAC uses "Rockpoint Logistics" for Fulfillment? I got a notice from UPS that R.L. was sending me a package today; but that it couldn't be delivered to the UPS store (my usual to avoid theft) due to a requirement from Rockpoint. I have not ordered anything from them, & was not expecting any UPS packages. WAC never returned my voice mail or email form; Rockpoint's voicemail is full so I emailed them, & UPS is their usual idiotic self. Paraphrase of the out of the USA cs rep's response to my concern: "We don't have a clue & WE DON'T HAVE TO!"

If the issue is UPS-> USPS someone at Ups f'd up & sent me the wrong form letter. The rep (like usual was 100% clueless.

I try so hard to avoid UPS, they are by far the worst of the shipping companies in my experience; unless you're a housewife in the suburbs who's home 24/7 & your UPS driver always rings the doorbell & you always hear it.

I have not received any ship notice from WAC or "Rockpoint"; just the notice from UPS that they would not be able to honor my delivery preference on this unknown shipment.

The order still shows as "unfulfilled" on the Warner web site. If it isn't here soon, I'm going to file a dispute with my bank. The LEAST they could do is send out a form email that they are running behind on orders due to Covid.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 07-20-20 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-20-20, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rockpoint is the normal name that pops up on WBShop packages.
Mine was sent UPSMI and the Rockport label only showed up in my Delivery Manager after it entered the USPS system.

And I'll disagree that UPS is the worst service, but it does seem dependent on your region. I had a package delivered tonight in a massive downpour and very active thunderstorm --
driver ran through the rain and lightning, all the way up the porch stairs, placed the package well under the covered area AND in the dries part shielded from the blowing rain and propped
(not thrown) in the corner in a way that only one corner of the box was touching the floor of the porch, rang the bell and ran back to his truck.
If I could have made it to the door before he was away in his truck I'd have been tempted to tip the guy. It was a dangerous and impressive display.

The Amazon hired drivers are multiple orders of magnitude worse -- smoking in their unmarked vehicles, flinging the packages on the porch or leaving them in plain view of the road and barely
on the porch at all -- it's only 4 steps and the rest of the road-porch is 10-15 years and flat. USPS, Fedex, and DHL are all pretty good here, but UPS is the best at getting packages to the actually door
and usually deep into a corner of the alcove that is mostly hidden from a drive by (it's problem 12-15 feet from the front of the porch back to the door

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-20-20 at 09:17 PM.
MooMooMooMoo (07-20-20)
Old 07-20-20, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rockpoint is the normal name that pops up on WBShop packages.
Mine was sent UPSMI and the Rockport label only showed up in my Delivery Manager after it entered the USPS system.
Thanks for the answer. I hope it gets transferred to the USPS; that would explain why it won't go to the UPS store; but again the CS reps out of Asia are untrained IDIOTS, & if either they had just sent me the right form letter or if WAC or Rockpoint had sent a we're shipping on ..... The only bad thing about if it does get transferred to USPS, they won't make the 7/27 commitment & I placed this order on 7/11.

I am likely done with direct orders to WAC. If there's something I can't live without owning a physical copy of, I'll wait for a retailer to have a sale.
Old 07-20-20, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did the mailing you got today have a tracking number? UPSMI usually have codes with a 9 instead of 1Z, but MI packages would never get sent to UPS store anyway.
Some Surepost hybrids get upgraded to UPS ground and would get UPS delibery instead of USPS, but those have UPS 1Z tracking numbers
Old 07-20-20, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did the mailing you got today have a tracking number? UPSMI usually have codes with a 9 instead of 1Z, but MI packages would never get sent to UPS store anyway.
Some Surepost hybrids get upgraded to UPS ground and would get UPS delibery instead of USPS, but those have UPS 1Z tracking numbers
This has a 1z. What I don't get is why the fulfillment center won't allow delivery to the UPS store. If it's stolen from the porch, I'm going to be pitching a major fit.
I supposed a miracle could happen & they could respond to me tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.
Old 07-21-20, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
This has a 1z. What I don't get is why the fulfillment center won't allow delivery to the UPS store. If it's stolen from the porch, I'm going to be pitching a major fit.
I supposed a miracle could happen & they could respond to me tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.
I don;t know. I've had a couple things which weren't allowed to be re-routed from the original address.mostly as a fraud prevention which you wouldn't think Media purchases below a small $$ threshhold would be a problem.
Those things that I've had blocked required signatures and were legal documents so it at least made little sense. It seems to be related to the original shipping agent who allow/disallow certain rerouting function and I suspect it's
a one size fits all automatic setting that they may not even realize it there -- or a $50 package is treated the same as a $2000 item.
Old 07-21-20, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don;t know. I've had a couple things which weren't allowed to be re-routed from the original address.mostly as a fraud prevention which you wouldn't think Media purchases below a small $$ threshhold would be a problem.
Those things that I've had blocked required signatures and were legal documents so it at least made little sense. It seems to be related to the original shipping agent who allow/disallow certain rerouting function and I suspect it's
a one size fits all automatic setting that they may not even realize it there -- or a $50 package is treated the same as a $2000 item.
This is about a $60 order with tax. UPS told me there is no signature required. It is possible that the IDIOTS at UPS cs in Asia sent the wrong form email.

God, I wish there was a law that all USA based phone centers had to physically be in the USA. The cultural issues frequently make it all but impossible to communicate.
Old 07-21-20, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The latest in my final WAC order is that I apparently have to stay home all day Friday & hope that UPS actually rings the door bell due to Rockport not allowing delivery at the UPS store. If UPS reschedules delivery at the last moment (which they often do here) I am going to blow.

as it is, neither Wac not Rockport have responded to any of my inquiries. I got the standard shipping email from WAC today (with no mention of the we won;t deliver to the UPS store for safety issue).

The most frustrating thing is there is NOTHING I can do about UPS, & the only thing I can do about WAC & Rockport is not give them another penny of my money.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.