No Wiki
Print Wikipost

[DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: [DEAD] Warner Archive Sale - 4 for $44 + Free Shipping

Any hope for a 4 for $44 or similiar sale during the holiday shopping season?
Old 11-24-18, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Sure -- Cymbermonday or next weekend are the next best chances.
Old 01-04-19, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

4/$44 + FS now live. Not sure of the expiration, but someone posted 1/8/2019 11:59pm PST
Once you get past 4 each additional is $11 so no need to do them in groups of 4.
Sales Tax is now applied to the majority of states.

It looks like it includes most BDs under $21.99 through the end of August plus Papillon BD, but no TV BD.
I haven't searched the whole list, but teh 2 disc Supergirl and Seven Brides still appear excluded.
EDIT: Superman (another 2 disc title) and Village of the Damned are also blocked.

138 BD
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/w...order-blu-ray+

2400 DVD
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/w...e-to-order-dvd

Last edited by hariseldon; 01-04-19 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-04-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Superman 2 disc extended edition is also excluded. I am guessing any multiple disk sets are excluded as has been the case in previous sales. Thank goodness for Barnes and Noble ship to home which included "The Sea Hawk" and "Seven Brides". Got all I wanted from B&N so nothing for me this time.

Last edited by Classic Films; 01-04-19 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-04-19, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Superman 2 disc extended edition is also excluded. I am guessing any multiple disk sets are excluded as has been the case in previous sales. Thank goodness for Barnes and Noble ship to home which included "The Sea Hawk" and "Seven Brides". Got all I wanted from B&N so nothing for me this time.
Between the DD BF/Dec deals and BN 40% off Dec sale plus coupons, etc I've wiped out my WAC wishlist for now including all the TV sets.
With WBShop 2 months late and pretty only including most of the things I bought during the BN JUne 40% off sale there really isn't much use to them right now.

Late, limited, and more expensive is not a way to go through life
Old 01-04-19, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

I was all ready for a 4/44 sale, but they've excluded pretty much everything I was interested in.
Old 01-04-19, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I was caught up to the September releases, and I even bought a couple of those along with Tarzan since.

It will probably be end of summer before things like The Thing, Dark Of The Sun, Blue Knight and others are eligible and on sale, so I'm just gonna put all the WA titles out of my mind till then.
In the past I always said I wished I'd waited for these sales. This year I'm committed to doing just that. It's going to be like a holy crusade for me.
Old 01-04-19, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Between the DD BF/Dec deals and BN 40% off Dec sale plus coupons, etc I've wiped out my WAC wishlist for now including all the TV sets.
With WBShop 2 months late and pretty only including most of the things I bought during the BN JUne 40% off sale there really isn't much use to them right now.

Late, limited, and more expensive is not a way to go through life
Speaking of, I only bought the Ultimate Edition Blu--ray of Batman vs. Superman, and I was really tempted to get WB's LE set, but I just couldn't do it and bought the Target on-sale one for around $7. Great movie, and the Ultimate Edition is certainly the way to go. But for me, this time, was NOT the massive cardboard and fluffy additions.
Old 01-04-19, 08:28 PM

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,128 Posts

I see a bunch of great catalog titles, but I kept thinking oh, I'd rather pay $8 apiece or so. But on Amazon, they're all $15, $16, $17, some even seemingly out of print. How are they sitting on all that stock? Are there really a lot of people clamoring for The Goodbye Girl for seventeen bucks?!

I may actually have to try the sale, especially with free shipping.
Old 01-04-19, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

These sales are always tempting, especially the factory pressed blus. Due to finances (& the #$%! 10+% Wa state sales tax) I may pass this time.

I know I want the Bogart/Bacall Blu set when that has a big sale. I already have the dvd box....... I am so sick of replacing both music & movies over & over again! How about a frequent buyer discount! There are movies I've bought 4-5 times (every time there's an upgrade), & many music albums/cd's/etc that I've literally purchased 10 times or more.
Old 01-04-19, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I was all ready for a 4/44 sale, but they've excluded pretty much everything I was interested in.
Same here...
Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I was caught up to the September releases, and I even bought a couple of those along with Tarzan since.

It will probably be end of summer before things like The Thing, Dark Of The Sun, Blue Knight and others are eligible and on sale, so I'm just gonna put all the WA titles out of my mind till then.
In the past I always said I wished I'd waited for these sales. This year I'm committed to doing just that. It's going to be like a holy crusade for me.
Yep. I finally got tired of purchasing WA titles on release date only to have them go on bargain price sales of ~50% off just a few months later. I'm done with that madness and will now just wait.
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
These sales are always tempting, especially the factory pressed blus. Due to finances (& the #$%! 10+% Wa state sales tax) I may pass this time.

I know I want the Bogart/Bacall Blu set when that has a big sale. I already have the dvd box....... I am so sick of replacing both music & movies over & over again! How about a frequent buyer discount! There are movies I've bought 4-5 times (every time there's an upgrade), & many music albums/cd's/etc that I've literally purchased 10 times or more.
After purchasing dozens of BR upgrades, some of which don't look much, if any, better than the DVD they're replacing, I now vet every upgrade title by watching the DVD first. If it looks "good enough" I do not upgrade. Music now has to offer something significant to be upgraded. And that doesn't mean some interview/commercial/other junk I'll listen to once if at all.
Old 01-04-19, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story
I see a bunch of great catalog titles, but I kept thinking oh, I'd rather pay $8 apiece or so. But on Amazon, they're all $15, $16, $17, some even seemingly out of print. How are they sitting on all that stock? Are there really a lot of people clamoring for The Goodbye Girl for seventeen bucks?!

I may actually have to try the sale, especially with free shipping.
None of these have ever been $7 or 8 that I'm aware of other than a rare price mistake or used. I doubt Amazon (and others) are selling a ton of these at $16-18 other than those few Day 1 gotta have it discs (THE THING) or people that just don't want to wait. I'm not aware of any of the WAC Blurays that have ever gone OOP, but these are Pressed MOD discs (the Blurays and some of the DVDs) made in small batches so no reason to have a huge stock to sit on. Also no reason to go OOP unless you lose the license to it and since Warner owns the license that's not going to happen. Most of these don't even have cheap region free International releases to look for (or even region locked FWIW). The small batch concept does mean these items go in and out of stock far more frequently than standard releases. OTOH, these items regularly are sold at $11-13 so Amazon's normal prices are irrelevant to those who wait for the sales -- WBShop 4/44, BN 40%+ sales, and Deep Discount sales.

The items like TV sets and the Bogart Box are never going to a part of this sort of sale and honestly rarely go on sale more than 25-30% off even at Deep Discount with a code. Finding a DD Price and Code simultaneously active isn't easy, but it happens a couple times a year. I think a few people said they got Bogart for around $25 at Deep Discount around BF and $17-20 +tax at the last BN sale that ended Christmas so that's probably the nadir

Deep Discount had the majority of these Pre Sept discs on sale from mid Nov through Christmas at 30-45% off and at least twice had 15% codes to add so $11-12 each and that was before DD jumped of the Sales Tax bandwagon. I ordered about 6-8 of the summer titles I needed then figuring the prices were about the same as what was expected to be WB 4/44 sale+ tax, but WBShop decided to even skip that this year. The Sept to Dec WAC titles and TV series I got at BN 40% off sale the week before Christmas with my membership discount and 15-20% off coupons so basically $9.50-10 + tax each. The WAC titles are not discounted online and aren;t carried in-store so you have to do a ShipToHome order from the store to get that price, but at 50-65% off it's worth it esp for those TV series that are rarely even 35-40% off

The DD and BN sales are likely why many of these are OOS at various places right now since Amazon, etc often is supplied by the same Wholesale distributor who supplies BN, etc or flat out owns DD. Blowitoutahere (DD sister store) Ebay front often has their WAC at prices where their 15-20% promo discounts stack with the Ebay 15-20% added codes so some folks wait on deals there.
Old 01-05-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I think the point of starting the archives was to find a way to release catalogue titles in a way they could make some money by having a limited release and maintain price. Originally the DVDs were released based on best elements available without any restoration. Later they started releasing blu rays and updating some of the DVD releases. Later still some DVDs and blu rays released generally were moved to archives. They were never meant to be heavily discounted or end up at Big Lots, Costco or the Walmart $5 bin. For those who remember many of the Warner Bros. general release discs did end up at Big Lots. I am sure the end of Tower Records and local stores that sold DVDs also played a part in the founding of the archive as places like Walmart and Target prefer to sell the latest Marvel movie rather than any catalogue title.

Last edited by Classic Films; 01-05-19 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-06-19, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there a list of dvd's they sold, & than updated? If I bought any, I feel like they should offer a major discount for the upgrade.
Old 03-23-19, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Warner Archive 10th Anniversary Sale - 4/$44, through 3/25/19

Link!

There's a bunch of very recent stuff on there too.

I wound up ordering The Great Behemoth, Horror of Dracula, Out of the Past, Joe vs. the Volcano, and The Hidden. I had a bunch more in my cart, but I don't like to bury myself in too deep a backlog.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 03-23-19 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-23-19, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Re: Warner Archive 10th Anniversary Sale - 4/$44, through 3/25/19

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Link!

There's a bunch of very recent stuff on there too.

I wound up ordering The Great Behemoth, Horror of Dracula, Out of the Past, Joe vs. the Volcano, and The Hidden. I had a bunch more in my cart, but I don't like to bury myself in too deep a backlog.
To note:

Popeye and The Thing From Another World are included in the sale; Superman: the Extended Cut and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers are not.
Old 03-23-19, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Surprisingly (happily so) all the Tarzan's are included. In fact, everything I personally have been waiting for is available.

Actually had to whittle my order down a little in anticipation of the big Kino sale coming up.
Old 03-23-19, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Finally, a WA sale I can't complain about*, and, yeah, I, too, have way too many titles in my first pass.

*let me amend that, -"Supergirl" and "7 Brides" aren't in there, and maybe something I'm not thinking of... but, still...

Last edited by DWilson; 03-23-19 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-23-19, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The multidisc sets like & Brides, Superman, TV seasons, and the Bluray 3D releases have their own sale up to 30% off.
Not great, but at least they aren't entirely excluded and the TV sets rarely get any discounts.
I don't think Longmire S6 is included

I've seen better deals on Deep Discount with 15% code and definitely B&N 40% off + Coupon Sales, but many of these sets rarely get significant Price cuts

Link to the Blu-rays
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/w...-order-blu-ray
Old 03-23-19, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know if the initial runs of TV season on DVD are still pressed? Or are they all burned now?
Old 03-23-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Depends, really. First, the date of the series. Second, there might be some lying around in the warehouses you might get that are pressed, but I'd say a 60% chance on top of those conditions you'll get them MOD. Something like Longmire S6 would be MOD entirely (recent series).
Old 03-23-19, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Depends, really. First, the date of the series. Second, there might be some lying around in the warehouses you might get that are pressed, but I'd say a 60% chance on top of those conditions you'll get them MOD. Something like Longmire S6 would be MOD entirely (recent series).
Well, all the WAC BD are pressed discs and I'm not sure any of the Longmire DVD are WAC.
The DVDs seem to be all over the place and I don;t know if there;s any way to know.
Old 03-23-19, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, there's no way to know. Hope there's a Longmire Blu-ray complete collection coming out, as I only saw the DVD collection.
Old 03-23-19, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Yeah, there's no way to know. Hope there's a Longmire Blu-ray complete collection coming out, as I only saw the DVD collection.
Don't think I've ever seen a WAC BD Complete Collection of a show (or more than 2 seasons anyway)
Old 03-23-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's a couple I'd really like this time. Not sure if it's in the budget........

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.