DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 03-14-17, 03:43 PM   #1
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Arrow Video $19.99 sale at Barnes and Noble ONLINE ONLY

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/1999...N-2lrzZ1z141rd

same titles offered are much lower in price at Familyvideo.com but the number of titles offered are much more at BN. Also this is an online only sale as BN does not carry Arrow titles in store.

Not sure as to the expiry date of this sale.
Old 03-14-17, 03:51 PM   #2
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Arrow Video $19.99 sale at Barnes and Noble ONLINE ONLY

Discount codes will apply to the non-Preorders. This could be a nice sale for those that have leftover $10 PRomo GC from BF which expire at the end of the month.

BNMAR100 10% off $35+, 15% off $50+, 20% off $100 or more. valid to March 16, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off Online Single Item
NW2YCXR97NJZP -- this likely is a member only Exp 3/27 2:59am ET

15% off One Item Online -- All Customers -- has been re-usable online for a while. Unknown Expiration
9DAWJ1Z88Z134
NKMMWDZJXAE73

I do suspect there may be a 20% anyone can use code for Thursday, but just a guess for this week since there wasn't an email code last week.

There are stores that do carry some Arrow titles, but the last 50% off sale most of those instore disc weren't discounted.
Old 03-15-17, 10:20 AM   #3

..familyvideo has much better prices and you can't beat the $1.99 shipping charge for everything
Old 03-15-17, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN View Post
..familyvideo has much better prices and you can't beat the $1.99 shipping charge for everything
For some items they do, for others not so much, and there are several that only one place has at all. With codes and potential Free Shipping BN beat FV on several items -- I have orders split with both stores.
Old 03-31-17, 03:22 PM   #5
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
For some items they do, for others not so much, and there are several that only one place has at all. With codes and potential Free Shipping BN beat FV on several items -- I have orders split with both stores.
The Miike sets are a really good value at 60% off. The Black Society Trilogy is OOS now but if it comes back in stock, you can use the 20% code and knock off another $4 off the price.
Old 03-31-17, 03:31 PM   #6

I keep waiting from Story of Sin to come back into stock and hoping one of the better coupons are active. I think I'm going to roll the dice on Dead or Alive, hoping it's in stock while waiting for it to go live and use a 15/20%.

Various active codes -- no preorders accept codes.

20% Off Online Single Item
S68A62F7RYSQK Online Expires April 3, 2017 at 2:59am ET
GWFUGQAYBR6Q1 Expires April 3, 2017 at 2:59am ET

15% off One Item Online -- All Customers -- re-usable online. Unknown Expiration
9DAWJ1Z88Z134
NKMMWDZJXAE73
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU
Old 04-01-17, 09:08 PM   #7

E ba tes 14% cash back through Midnight PT would be a nice bonus
Old 04-05-17, 10:39 AM   #8
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Black Society Trilogy in stock again
Old 04-08-17, 02:06 PM   #9
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Black Society Trilogy in stock again
Thank you, got it for $15.99 + tax with 20% off coupon

Coupon details - thanks to hariseldon posting it in the regular B&N thread:
20% off single item code --
7SNK3Z3FE1GX7 expires 5/15/2017 2:59am ET

(supposedly works on non-member accounts as well)
Old 04-09-17, 03:41 PM   #10
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I made a mistake in the title of this thread - I found that there are some titles indeed, carried in stores and are part of this offer at $19.99 each. At the Huntington Beach (SoCal) store today, I found:
Dillinger
Day of Anger
Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll & Miss Osbourne

Better pricing with the in store 10% off (compensates for the sales tax)
Old 04-11-17, 01:58 PM   #11
DVD Talk Gold Edition

'Dead or Alive Trilogy' with snail mail member 20% off coupon for $17.23 after SoCal sales tax

Also available in some stores - so you could use the additional member 10% off (I should have checked first before placing an online order)
Old 04-11-17, 02:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
'Dead or Alive Trilogy' with snail mail member 20% off coupon for $17.23 after SoCal sales tax

Also available in some stores - so you could use the additional member 10% off (I should have checked first before placing an online order)
I haven't gotten confirmation that all of these are indeed 19.99 in stores. Some items certainly are, but there was at one one post at bluray where someone listed which items were 19.99 and at least implied that rest would be regular price.

Without a ship to home order, so few of the store actually carry more than a handful of these it would be hard to pickup. I think you may be close to a couple stores that seem to have a larger stock though. I know a couple NYC stores seem to have a wall of Arrows. It appears a bunch of the LA stores also

EDIT
Just called one of my stores with it instock and they said it was 39.99 in-store which is what the Online Reserve-in-store says. That has been inaccurate over the years almost always just listed MSRP on everything, I have noticed over the last 6 months or so that it's right more often than not these days so maybe they fixed things.

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-11-17 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-11-17, 03:57 PM   #13
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I haven't gotten confirmation that all of these are indeed 19.99 in stores. Some items certainly are, but there was at one one post at bluray where someone listed which items were 19.99 and at least implied that rest would be regular price.

Without a ship to home order, so few of the store actually carry more than a handful of these it would be hard to pickup. I think you may be close to a couple stores that seem to have a larger stock though. I know a couple NYC stores seem to have a wall of Arrows. It appears a bunch of the LA stores also

EDIT
Just called one of my stores with it instock and they said it was 39.99 in-store which is waht the Online Reserve-in-store says. Though that has always been inaccurate over the years almost always just listed MSRP on everything, I have noticed over the last 6 months or so that it's right more often than not these days so in one of the last updates maybe they fixed things.
I will be at the Huntington Beach (SoCal) store this evening. Will report back on pricing as availability shows 'in stock'
Old 04-15-17, 10:34 PM   #14
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw DEAD OR ALIVE TRILOGY at a B&N store in Savannah today. I had a clerk scan it, and the price came up as $39.99.
Old 04-18-17, 01:47 AM   #15
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sale is over now. Good. I was going a bit crazy with it. Got 7 titles while it was going on.