Reload this Page >

Target buy-2-get-1-free mega-thread

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target buy-2-get-1-free mega-thread

Old 02-18-17, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
re: Target buy-2-get-1-free mega-thread

Also, I forgot to mention that if there is anyone else looking at purchasing some 3D titles, don't rely on the the format option when you are filtering titles. I have found several titles that are a part of this sale (The Mask, The Stewardesses, Goodbye to Language) that I didn't see when filtering for 3D Blu-ray but ran into when looking for other things.
Old 02-18-17, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

I didn't think it was the Twilight Time release (I ran into The Blob as well), but it can be an easy way for some people to import some titles that they wouldn't have even thought about.
Old 02-19-17, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
It's an awesome deal, no doubt. I was a little disappointed that some of what I tried to get was unavailable (like Wait Until Dark or the Scream Factory SE of The Thing), and the deal didn't apply to others (the Vestron release of The Gate, particularly).
FYI, this is now included in the sale. I placed one final order:

Donnie Darko, The Gate, Underworld: Blood Wars (4K + 3D) for $60
Old 02-19-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
FYI, this is now included in the sale. I placed one final order:

Donnie Darko, The Gate, Underworld: Blood Wars (4K + 3D) for $60
Are you sure the Blood Wars 4K is also 3D? One of my orders was a set of pre-orders for future 3D releases (Assassin's Creed, xXx: Return of Xander Cage) and I was going to get Blood Wars as well, but I could not find a listing for it that specifically stated 3D.
Old 02-19-17, 02:00 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I think he mean this. Target doesn't have it listed as such, but considering its Sony, it's a good bet it'll be released this way.

Old 02-19-17, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Since Target appears to be part of the Alliance/SuperD group now they do have some Imports just like Deep Discount, BN, and Best buy (and others).

That is also probably why Criterions, WAC, Shout, and many of the specialty studios are showing up now.

Rollerball appears to be one of the Aussie imports. Check the details for UPC and Import label. Someone found The Blob the other day which is long sold out at TT/SAE -- it had the TT pic, but said Import and had the Australian UPC. The Dead Zone BD is the Australian release
Target.com drop-ships about 80% of the media items they carry. They handle the items their retail stores will end up carrying, but everything else is drop-shipped from third parties.
Old 02-19-17, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flix1
Are you sure the Blood Wars 4K is also 3D? One of my orders was a set of pre-orders for future 3D releases (Assassin's Creed, xXx: Return of Xander Cage) and I was going to get Blood Wars as well, but I could not find a listing for it that specifically stated 3D.
Yeah, Sony titles only come as 3D+4K now. You can't buy the 3D version separate.
Old 02-20-17, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally cratered and did an order Saturday night, got the two Young Justice blu-rays and then Crouching Tiger on 4k. Those two Young Justice blu's had been on my wish list for a couple of years and had never seen a sale worth a darn. So, the time was right. Just hope that Target doesn't use one of those stupid cardboard shippers for three titles.
Old 02-20-17, 11:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I gutted my wishlist with this sale. Titles that had been on there for years. Looking forward to the delivery today.
Old 02-20-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I finally cratered and did an order Saturday night, got the two Young Justice blu-rays and then Crouching Tiger on 4k. Those two Young Justice blu's had been on my wish list for a couple of years and had never seen a sale worth a darn. So, the time was right. Just hope that Target doesn't use one of those stupid cardboard shippers for three titles.
If you mean the self-adhesive types then you're out of luck. That's what all of my orders so far have arrived in. At least they've been shipped UPS, who seem to be less harsh on those than the USPS.
Old 02-20-17, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Always interesting to hear local differences. I strongly prefer USPS for that same reason. I always figured since UPS delivers a lot more packages in larger bins/trucks that was why my smaller packages frequently seemed more beaten up when Brown delivers though DHL seems much worse overall.

So far I've gotten 2 sent by UPS Surepost (handed off to USPS for the last leg) and one UPS Ground. The one that arrived (as well as my last couple of Target packages) have come in those cardboard sandwiches and not a true box.
USPS here isn't particularly bad either, but I get far more packages delivered by them than any other shipper which somewhat skews the damage rate, but I rarely receive a disc with a damaged case due to shipper induced package damage. I'd rather have UPS or USPS than either DHL or FedEx. I generally prefer USPS as they deliver to my house much earlier than UPS (~10am vs. ~6pm).

I just wish discs (DVD/BR/CD) were required to be shipped in true boxes and none of those sandwich shippers (cardboard or bubble plastic and certainly not those plastic ones with no padding at all).
Old 02-20-17, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I'd rather have UPS or USPS than either DHL or FedEx. I generally prefer USPS as they deliver to my house much earlier than UPS (~10am vs. ~6pm).

I just wish discs (DVD/BR/CD) were required to be shipped in true boxes and none of those sandwich shippers (cardboard or bubble plastic and certainly not those plastic ones with no padding at all).
I work for a Half Price Books (at an actual store) location. When we do our daily fulfillment of in-store/in-chain ships and online sales, we use DHL for our initial pick-ups. It then becomes USPS at a certain point on the route, at or past a hub. (Most of our stuff is classed as media-mail.)

As a customer, I much prefer the safety of boxes, but to save costs we ship most stuff in the white poly bags. We DO ship most CD/DVD purchases in the actual padded media envelope, which I really like, even when I get stuff.
Old 02-21-17, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
If you mean the self-adhesive types then you're out of luck. That's what all of my orders so far have arrived in. At least they've been shipped UPS, who seem to be less harsh on those than the USPS.
*sigh*, well, it did ship UPS ground so I guess on Thursday we'll see how it turned out. Darn them, lol.
Old 02-21-17, 11:42 AM

Here are movies at $4.00 a piece. Most are from the B2G1 but there are others as well.
Did not want to start another thread

http://www.target.com/s?lnk=snav_ta_...u-ray%20movies
Old 02-21-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

UPS Ground just lost one of my packages, so they aren't always that great.
Old 02-22-17, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

La La Land has been delayed. Target sent me an e-mail that I have to appove the delay or the order will be cancelled. New release date: 09/09/2099 per e-mail. Obviously a place holder.
Old 02-22-17, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
New release date: 09/09/2099
It's another day of sun
Old 02-27-17, 08:11 AM

Got my order in over the weekend, it was a cardboard shipper. It was also messed up to heck, but thankfully the cases and discs inside were just fine. It feels like they are playing Russian roulette with shipping every time, it's crazy.
Old 02-27-17, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

La La Land has been delayed. Target sent me an e-mail that I have to appove the delay or the order will be cancelled. New release date: 09/09/2099 per e-mail. Obviously a place holder.
Maybe they had some blurb on the cover about it winning for Best Picture.
Old 02-27-17, 08:55 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
It's another day of sun
Probably just be moonlight that day.
Old 02-27-17, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Maybe they had some blurb on the cover about it winning for Best Picture.
I got the e-mail last week.
Old 03-21-17, 02:39 PM
Cool New Member

The third movie, Finding Dory 3D, of my order still has not shipped and the ship date has just been extended for the second time, now to 4/1-4/24, all while showing as in-stock in several stores nearby. I'm surprised the site cannot just pull from store stock in these extremely delayed cases. Is there any way to resolve this quicker via chat or calling customer service, or must I just be patient?
Old 03-21-17, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You might also suggest ordering a copy for in store pick up and having them adjust the price while you are on the phone or in chat with them and then have them cancel the other one or just return it to the store if/when it ships.
Old 03-21-17, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know if Target has had this type of sale before (buy 2, get 1)? Just curious if it is something I can plan for, like the B&N Criterion sales.
Old 03-21-17, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think so, at least not on this type of scale that worked on practically everything, including online only items.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.