Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-17, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Originally Posted by rw2516
FYI. The U.S. version of ELO is supposedly edited. Roll Over Beethoven is missing. Some music rights issue. The UK disc, suppose to be region free, has the entire concert.
Thanks for the info...but to be honest, I am more interested in the compositions of Jeff Lynne. I'm a big Beatles fan and "Roll Over Beethoven" wouldn't rate very high on my list of favorite Beatles' recordings. Is that the only omission? If there are other edits I might consider the UK disc down the line.
Old 04-21-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
Thanks for the info...but to be honest, I am more interested in the compositions of Jeff Lynne. I'm a big Beatles fan and "Roll Over Beethoven" wouldn't rate very high on my list of favorite Beatles' recordings. Is that the only omission? If there are other edits I might consider the UK disc down the line.
That's the only one.
Old 04-21-17, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Kino is having their own Spring sale through 5/4. It includes quite a few Kino Classic line and some regular Kino. FS at $50 and some pretty decent deal It's not all items, but an OK selection

https://www.kinolorber.com/shop
I saw that, thanx!. Unfortunately, I couldn't hit $50 from the offered titles. $19.98 definite, & probably another $21.98 as shipping filler. Nothing else in the sale was of interest.
Old 05-18-17, 09:42 AM
Banned

I grabbed a few bargains at ridiculous prices with the discount code "TULIP" that ends today. It cost $26.55 for these 7 titles that I happily added to my collection at roughly $3.79 each.

Old 05-18-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really liked Scanner Darkly.
Old 05-18-17, 07:33 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I bought some of these supercheap blu rays a few weeks ago and half of them looked like rewrapped products with loose disks. I think deepdiscount super discounts less then perfect merchandise. All the disks looked alright so I kept them.

One time they had that big MASH TV set in their clearance section for a ridiculous price. When I received it, it was rewrapped and had tons of messed up disks like it was from their returns. I've had this before where it either looks like a return or a rewrap when it is at a super cheap price.
I noticed FOX products at this super discounted price are particularly bad. As they always tended to be messed up returns so I stopped buying any Fox products at a super cheap price.

Last edited by g; 05-18-17 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-18-17, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Be aware that the current A Scanner Darkly pressing dropped some special features found on the first pressing. There were rights issues so WB dropped them in subsequent pressings.
Old 05-18-17, 08:28 PM
Banned

Yeah, I realize it's a gamble..I'm fine as long as the discs aren't damaged and the inserts aren't beat to death...I keep extra Viva Elite cases on hand as well. So at those prices it is really hard to complain. I actually bought about a half dozen Warner/Paramount titles priced similarly via a previous DD 15% off sale awhile back and most came in more than satisfactory condition except the dreaded heat gun wave effect on the clear slip sleeve. But again, I just replaced the case. I buy many Blus from pawn shops and resellers and have never had an issue. I keep soft microfiber towels to wipe away any offending prints. I'm also aware of the missing contents from later pressings of "A Scanner Darkly"...I might get lucky and receive the original disc...though it isn't a deal breaker at that price.
Old 05-18-17, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g
One time they had that big MASH TV set in their clearance section for a ridiculous price. When I received it, it was rewrapped and had tons of messed up disks like it was from their returns. I've had this before where it either looks like a return or a rewrap when it is at a super cheap price.
I recall various Super D companies selling "like new" products on Amazon with the description "shrinkwrap renewed". For me that defeats part of the purpose of buying used...I want to know what's inside. But I hadn't expected the surprise could be even more unpleasant.
Old 05-18-17, 09:15 PM
g

They don't even call it used on the deepdiscount site. They just discount these items to a special cheap price. I have received some good stuff from these deals but also a lot of junk. I still have that MASH set in my basement. It only was 12 dollars total. I was too lazy to return it.
Definitely avoid any Fox products if you see one of these deals. I think FOX is supplying returned junk to them for these deals.
Old 05-18-17, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by g
I bought some of these supercheap blu rays a few weeks ago and half of them looked like rewrapped products with loose disks. I think deepdiscount super discounts less then perfect merchandise. All the disks looked alright so I kept them.

I noticed FOX products at this super discounted price are particularly bad. As they always tended to be messed up returns so I stopped buying any Fox products at a super cheap price.
I've gotten re-wraps direct from Fox occasionally.
Old 05-18-17, 11:57 PM
Banned

Well, I've had good luck with just about everything I've purchased via DD. I'll post pics when they arrive in a week or so. It's a screamin' deal even if used. Nobody could tell which of my nearly 1500 titles are new vs used. Funny, the used ones play just as well!
Old 05-27-17, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by g
I bought some of these supercheap blu rays a few weeks ago and half of them looked like rewrapped products with loose disks. I think deepdiscount super discounts less then perfect merchandise. All the disks looked alright so I kept them....
Well, I have been purchasing from these folks for years and never had a bad experience ...this time was no different. All came in spiffy condition and do not appear to be re-wraps. In fact, a couple were cellophane-wrapped instead of shrink-wrapped. I think Warner Bros is doing an inventory reduction because 5 of these were old stock and had disc art. I think Warner Bros abandoned that practice awhile ago except for the "Archive Collection." I am beyond pleased with this order. It was a steal at an average of $3.79 shipped for each title and the overall quality of the product was excellent.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Be aware that the current A Scanner Darkly pressing dropped some special features found on the first pressing. There were rights issues so WB dropped them in subsequent pressings.
Well, this must be old stock 'cause the documentary missing from subsequent pressings is part of the supplements. I checked the disc and sure enough it is the old disc. What's weird is that this was a cellophane-sealed package and can't be a re-wrap.

Last edited by AaronSch; 05-28-17 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-27-17, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DD is owned by Wholesaler Super D (I can never remember what their 3rd & most recent name change was!); so some of their overstocks will be re-wraps; but that does not necessarily mean they're used.
Old 05-28-17, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they changed their corporate name last year. I can't find it Googling at the moment, but I have seen it several times. Their is still a Super D web site. Hard to believe they were once a retailer friendly wholesaler called Phantom.......
Old 05-30-17, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

DeepDiscount's copyright is for DirectToU, LLC, is that the name you're thinking of?
Old 05-30-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
DeepDiscount's copyright is for DirectToU, LLC, is that the name you're thinking of?
Yes, thank you. I believe that name only came up in the last 2 years. I ASSUME they bought Super D.
Old 05-31-17, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Super D is still the MASTER company? As one of the retailers they harmed, I'm not fond of them to put it mildly.

Sadly, as a consumer I do occasionally buy from DD, because having lost my business partly due to Super D's tactics (undercutting their own wholesale prices at the retail level!) , I don't have much money!
Old 05-31-17, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

They own many media storefronts on the Net outside of Amazon, and I've heard they are Amazon's #1 media supplier.

They seem to have had a business plan of monopolizing media retail and raise prices just below what Amazon sells them at.
Old 05-31-17, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
They own many media storefronts on the Net outside of Amazon, and I've heard they are Amazon's #1 media supplier.

They seem to have had a business plan of monopolizing media retail and raise prices just below what Amazon sells them at.
Yep, & to repeat the original plan was to sell just below wholesale pricing at retail. Assuming the volume of sales enabled a profit; they've been quite successful.
Old 06-01-17, 07:28 PM
g

Deepdiscount put out a sweet coupon. They claim its only for preferred customers.
Get $5 off all orders of $25 or more thru NOON TOMORROW!
Enter promo code FLIPPER in your cart.

Coupon only valid through 6/2/2017 at noon CT. The $25 item total must be met in order for the coupon to apply. Some restrictions apply.*
*Video games, video game consoles and video game accessories are excluded from the offer.
Old 06-02-17, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by g
Deepdiscount put out a sweet coupon. They claim its only for preferred customers.
Get $5 off all orders of $25 or more thru NOON TOMORROW!
Enter promo code FLIPPER in your cart.

Coupon only valid through 6/2/2017 at noon CT. The $25 item total must be met in order for the coupon to apply. Some restrictions apply.*
*Video games, video game consoles and video game accessories are excluded from the offer.
I'm offered these $5 off $25 deals from time to time and I almost never take them. You have to hit $30 to get the free shipping (after the coupon) and then the amount of your order dictates how much of a "deal" you're actually getting. Usually I just wait for an across-the-board 15% deal.
Old 06-02-17, 10:47 AM
Banned

I received the $5 off minimum $25 order from Deep Discount. So, I placed an order for "Willard," "Jewel of the Nile," and "Psycho Circus: 3 Rings of Terror." I try to keep the purchase as close to $30 as possible to make the discount matter. The order was roughly $28 shipped...not bad at all! It's still an awesome deal. If you bought the same items from Amazon it would cost a bit more.
Old 06-02-17, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought seriously about a Kino Noir box that would have been 1/2 price, but I'm pretty broke so I passed.
Old 06-12-17, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you settle for 10% off orders of $35+?

Summer Sale code is POINTBREAK

http://www.deepdiscount.com/promotio...ons-disclaimer

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.