It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Old 11-26-18, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: It's Another DeepDiscount 15% sale

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Currently they will not let you order Supergirl Season 3. Says Out of Stock and you can leave an email for when it is back in stock. Surprised that Supergirl is only one with this restriction. Hard to believe it is the most popular of the Arrowverse shows. Good thing the entire crossover is included in each set.
Doesn;t necessarily have to be the most popular -- it could have had the least stock at the beginning.
Old 11-26-18, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I was just going to post a correction to my previous post. If you do a general search for say Arrow blu ray, Season 6 will be one of the choices , show as backordered, and you can place it in your cart and purchase. However if you go to the specific page for the Arrow Season 6 blu ray it will show as out of stock and ask you for an email if you want to be notified when it is back in stock. It will not allow you to order from the specific page. This is true for all the latest seasons in the Arrowverse.
Old 11-26-18, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Just tried it now. I was able to click the backorder button to have it added to the cart.

N/M. Just realized I F$#^!ed up. I ordered Season 2, not season 3.

Need to call them tomorrow and see if I can cancel the order.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 11-27-18 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-02-18, 04:29 PM

I got a shipping notice for my Arrowverse season sets that were out of stock when ordered.
Old 12-02-18, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yup. Got the ship notice for Flash S4.

Calling up to cancel the S2 of Supergirl I ordered by mistake was quick and painless.
Old 01-08-19, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 582 Likes on 432 Posts

New 15% code: NEWYEAR19
Expires Thursday, January 10, 2019 at noon CT
Old 01-08-19, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just realized they are charging tax now for everybody.

That means the 15% off coupons are now effectively only 8% off.

My purchasing by necessity was going to have to throttle back this year. This is really going to slam the brakes on for me.
Old 01-08-19, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Once again, DeepDiscount never fails to entertain. Probably won't be buying anything from them in a very very long time unless they compensate for that insane tax. They can afford it. They fucked over every media seller in the US anyway, so if I don't buy from them, I will not shit a tear. Yes, I said shit.
Old 01-08-19, 03:59 PM

Not sure why you are blaming DD for charging sales tax. It's not money that is going into their pocket. Be angry at your state or the brick and mortar stores who complained about unfair competition. Must have happened as of the New Year. No tax charged on Arrowverse TV shows I purchased in December. I am sure almost all e-tailors will be charging sales tax to all states that have a sales tax before too long.
Old 01-08-19, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I just realized they are charging tax now for everybody.

That means the 15% off coupons are now effectively only 8% off.

My purchasing by necessity was going to have to throttle back this year. This is really going to slam the brakes on for me.
That's probably the end as well for me using Deepdiscount and the various Alliance outlets. Now that they charge tax for everyone, their prices are no different than Amazon even after coupons.

I've switched a lot of my media purchases in the past six months to Bullmoose. They've treated me right ordering both music and movies.

Old 01-08-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

No tax for me (Delaware).

If you're interested you can get 3% cash back using eb ates.
Old 01-08-19, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 626 Likes on 460 Posts

Not sure why you are blaming DD for charging sales tax. It's not money that is going into their pocket. Be angry at your state or the brick and mortar stores who complained about unfair competition. Must have happened as of the New Year. No tax charged on Arrowverse TV shows I purchased in December. I am sure almost all e-tailors will be charging sales tax to all states that have a sales tax before too long.
The mayor and some retailers here constantly whine about "lost sales/taxes" to internet vendors (and the mayor *always* brings up and blames Amazon who's been collecting sales tax for over 2 years). I guess they don't get that many of us are purchasing stuff from internet vendors that the local stores have stopped carrying. You don't support me, I don't support you.

And... yes. They started collecting January 1st.
Old 01-08-19, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

If eBay and Amazon refused to collect tax...you really think this shithole of a legislative idea by the states would have passed. The states love it more than B&Ms. Why? Because the states don't have to worry about voter retaliation. The voters are in another state, paying their tax. lol.

Anyway, it's a good reason to avoid DD even more because of their pathetic sales and screwing over the smaller media sellers (some were/are still on DVD Talk). Just one more reason.
Old 01-09-19, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
If eBay and Amazon refused to collect tax...you really think this shithole of a legislative idea by the states would have passed. The states love it more than B&Ms. Why? Because the states don't have to worry about voter retaliation. The voters are in another state, paying their tax. lol.

Anyway, it's a good reason to avoid DD even more because of their pathetic sales and screwing over the smaller media sellers (some were/are still on DVD Talk). Just one more reason.
As much as I'm not fond of them, ebay was the last hold out, & they actively fought this. Apparently court decisions were the straw that broke the USA internet's back.
Old 01-09-19, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
That's probably the end as well for me using Deepdiscount and the various Alliance outlets. Now that they charge tax for everyone, their prices are no different than Amazon even after coupons.

I've switched a lot of my media purchases in the past six months to Bullmoose. They've treated me right ordering both music and movies.
I'll check out Bull Moose. I believe my state has the highest sales tax in the USA (around 10.3%)
Old 01-09-19, 04:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

With the discount, DD has Bogart And Bacall Blu-ray collection for $31 shipped + tax. I humbly submit that is the best price I have seen for this set. 4 classic movies for less than $8 a piece. Sure beats Amazon and WB which is currently selling at $40.

update: just saw this at Bullmosse for $29!

Last edited by cinemaman; 01-09-19 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-09-19, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Bullmoose seems to be one of the last remaining media retailers not tied to Alliance. The whole FYE/Secondspin chain appears to be on the verge of collapse, as they are closing down stores left and right at the moment.

It's not a pretty sight for media retailers in 2019. There's very little price competition left as Amazon doesn't care anymore, and Alliance more or less owns 85% of the remaining media outlets on the net. This comes on the heels of HMV probably going out of business in the UK, which is likely going to deal a crippling blow to music retail in Europe.
Old 01-09-19, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alliance (aka Super D & before that Phantom) made a conscious decision several years ago to try to kill all net competitors (other than behemoth Amazon, & I THINK "Movie Mars" (another giant) is still not owned by Alliance, but they do have similar business practices.. They largely succeeded, & than raised their prices (surprise) . My business was one of the casualties, & I know of others much bigger than I was who suffered the same fate.

Sadly one of Alliance's very first acquisitions (I believe even before they acquired Phantom) was my favorite cut out Wholesaler, One Way.

Streaming has really contributed to the death of net retail in the last few years also.
Old 01-09-19, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bullmoose shows Bogart & Bacall blu as a MOD. Is it really factory pressed like the blu's on WAC's site, or is it burned blu's?

If it's factory pressed, I'm going to bite at $29.
Old 01-10-19, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All WAC Blurays are pressed -- every single disc, 100% no exceptions from any month, release, title, or retailer.
I have the Bogart/Bacall individual releases and the same discs are in the Boxset.
Old 01-10-19, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
All WAC Blurays are pressed -- every single disc, 100% no exceptions from any month, release, title, or retailer.
I have the Bogart/Bacall individual releases and the same discs are in the Boxset.
I was about to order, & saw this,"MADE ON DEMAND

This Item Is Made On Demand: Could Take 2-3 Weeks For Delivery"

Even though I've also always heard that all WAC blu's are pressed, this concerns me. I just sent them an email asking for clarification.
Old 01-10-19, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I was about to order, & saw this,"MADE ON DEMAND

This Item Is Made On Demand: Could Take 2-3 Weeks For Delivery"

Even though I've also always heard that all WAC blu's are pressed, this concerns me. I just sent them an email asking for clarification.
Boilerplate language and meaningless in the context of burned/pressed. All WAC are labelled MOD and Bullmoose and some other sites have a std labeling they use for all MOD, but ...
I repeat -- 100% of every WAC Bluray produced since 2011 has been normal pressed and indistinguishable from WB/WV mass produced blurays. The packaging is a different issue -- the paper is cheaper, the printing can be questionable at times and almost look homemade, the discs are professionally pressed and have the same ID markings like every other Warner/Sony/Disney disc. I've tried to figure which Plant replicates the Allied Vaughn discs, but have never been able to get a clear answer. The ICPI and Disc ID are to be believed they come from teh same factories as the non MOD discs.

If it's going to be 2-3 weeks that's b/c it's OOS at the warehouse like every retailer has issues with. The fact that WAC/MOD/Allied Vaughn discs tend to made in small batches means they tend to go OOS more frequently until the next batch of pressed discs is ordered/replicated/restocked.

If you find a single legitimate poster who has a WAC Bluray that says it isn't pressed, I want to read the post and find out the rest of the story. 99% it was bought from Spain or off Ebay/Private Seller who tried to spin the MOD as 'they're all like that" instead of owning the fact they were a bootleg producer/seller.

FWIW this also applies to Sony and Universals new line of MOD BD discs from Allied Vaughn. Sony finally gave up on their SonyChoice BD-R due to horrible customer response and constant manufacturing rejects/discs that wouldn't play and moved their new discs to the know commodity.

Last edited by hariseldon; 01-10-19 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-10-19, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bullmoose Free Shipping is somewhere b/w $29-30 -- it says $30, but in reality it's a little lower
I looked at the Bogart BD set which has the MOD language, but also says it ships today. I'm not sure they have too many copies left since only one store lists it as in stock and usually while they
don't ship items directly from store stock, the same local warehouse tends to ship items and resupply the stores -- so I'm guessing it's very low stock and at some point will go store item only.

At 28.97 if you don't have a 2nd item they're going to ding you for shipping, but there are some $1 items to use as filler to save the $3 shipping charge. I've looked for 0.25-0.50 items but haven't found any when I've checked.
You can get a Bottle Opener or 'Classy Wrap' which actually can even be semi useful. There is a 0.50 Bottle Opener but I've never seen it in stock for shipping so maybe an store only thing
Old 01-10-19, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon

At 28.97 if you don't have a 2nd item they're going to ding you for shipping, but there are some $1 items to use as filler to save the $3 shipping charge. I've looked for 0.25-0.50 items but haven't found any when I've checked.
You can get a Bottle Opener or 'Classy Wrap' which actually can even be semi useful. There is a 0.50 Bottle Opener but I've never seen it in stock for shipping so maybe an store only thing
Do you know of a way to search by price? I'm not finding that option.
Old 01-10-19, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Do you know of a way to search by price? I'm not finding that option.
It there's sort of, but a bit of a workaround method. I always end having to find it hunt and peck

Click in the upper left menu and choose a subject -- Movies or Toys or ??. Then click under Genre (accessories or gifts) and a Price box pops up with an upper/lower limit. Once you enter that you can quickly go through all the categories.

If you do a Word Search/Advanced search you can also limit the prices that come up.
I don't think there is a way to sort a category by price

They also have a decent amt of used CD/Music/Movie as low as 0.97
If you knew you were going to order again you could always order a Gift Card which counts toward FS though I think $25 is the smallest GC.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.