Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Shout Factory ScreamShocktober sale is back!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Shout Factory ScreamShocktober sale is back!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-16, 06:32 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Shout Factory ScreamShocktober sale is back!

I got an order today, from day one I guess. It looked like a sheet of magnets was included, but I didn't look too closely.
Old 10-06-16, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More swag to store away unopened. Interesting that they didn't list them in the promotion details like previous years.

At this point I'm hoping they unlock some of the secondary titles before they include some of the better new releases ( if they are included at all).

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-07-16 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-07-16, 07:56 AM

Ssssssss is an easy skip, with the light extras. Pretty sure my DVD compilation pack with that one will suffice.
Old 10-07-16, 09:00 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Ssssssss is an easy skip, with the light extras. Pretty sure my DVD compilation pack with that one will suffice.
I think it is actually Sssssss not Ssssssss. I don't want anyone to get confused on which movie is on sale.

Next week will have a couple new releases, I'm holding out hope that they will be included in this sale, so I have an opportunity to get Thing or Carrie at a reasonable price.
Old 10-07-16, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I seem to remember during their last Shocktober sale that at the end they had a one day opportunity to pick up all the titles they put on sale for the month. Hopefully they do the same thing this year.
Old 10-07-16, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I seem to remember during their last Shocktober sale that at the end they had a one day opportunity to pick up all the titles they put on sale for the month. Hopefully they do the same thing this year.
That has already been mentioned. Problem is that they opened up at higher prices than they were during the daily sales all but making the chance to get free shipping worthless.
Old 10-07-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

As someone else point out on that other forum, if you pay attention to Deep Discount and their coupons, you can usually get the best prices on Shout/Scream Factory releases there. Way better than Shout's sales and usually better than catching the best price at Amazon.
Old 10-07-16, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
As someone else point out on that other forum, if you pay attention to Deep Discount and their coupons, you can usually get the best prices on Shout/Scream Factory releases there. Way better than Shout's sales and usually better than catching the best price at Amazon.
But then my refrigerator would be bare!
Old 10-07-16, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy many Shout BD's, and go around them sometimes if Arrow sells the same film, but found stuff from my wants list in the $12-$13 range a few months ago in a Barnes and Noble sale. Unfortunately I waited a day and the prices all changed. I need to go back through the threads and find that sale, then wait for the stars to align again.

Edit: it was this this sale.

Last edited by thetao; 10-07-16 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-07-16, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last time DD had a sale the Scream titles were more than $25 a piece (many were $27.00). I checked. So even at $20 off that's more than these Shocktober sale prices.

Originally Posted by Trevor
But then my refrigerator would be bare!

So did you get magnets this year? If so, were they leftovers from previous years or brand new images of their recent releases?
Old 10-09-16, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
So did you get magnets this year? If so, were they leftovers from previous years or brand new images of their recent releases?
I think it was magnets, but I haven't re-opened the package to verify. My second package arrived last night, and it included a little vinyl cling-thing.
Old 10-09-16, 08:01 PM

Ok, the free swag in the second order was actually a little cleaning cloth I guess, about 5" by 5", for eyeglasses or screens maybe. I don't know. Sorry about the large pics, Photobucket doesn't allow iOS resizing anymore, and I haven't switched to a new host yet.

First order it was a magnet sheet. Doesn't seem like new releases, so perhaps it is the same sheet from last year.
Old 10-09-16, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Those are the magnets they gave away in 2014. They had a different set in 2015; they're easy to tell apart because the 2015 set has flames around the skull in the middle.
Old 10-09-16, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Didn't they give away pins one year too? I might be thinking of a SDCC exclusive but I think I remember pins which were kinda cool.
Old 10-10-16, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Those are the magnets they gave away in 2014. They had a different set in 2015; they're easy to tell apart because the 2015 set has flames around the skull in the middle.
Yup. So much for their "while supplies last" stuff during the sale those years. I always figured their sales numbers did very well during Shocktober! Maybe it's exactly the opposite given this one at a time BS and the lack of free shipping for that one daily title.
Old 10-10-16, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new Classic Frights and B Movie Frights are up....nothing much here unless you already don't own Scream's "The Fog". I am interested in Narcopolis from the B Movie Frights, it looks like my kind of movie.

However, I'm still hoping this week we'll get either Dark Half or Raising Cain. If we get one of those, then I'll pair it with Narcopolis and perhaps Ginger Snaps or Prince of Darkness (for the John Carpenter fan in me). Still not really vested in this sale.

BTW the spotlight title today is Invasion of the Body Snatchers @ $16.99.
Old 10-10-16, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They have activated the second batches of lesser titles. Some good ones mixed in there like TCSM2.
Old 10-10-16, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
They have activated the second batches of lesser titles. Some good ones mixed in there like TCSM2.
Some really good ones, but damn, I don't want to pay more than $9.99 for them as I own those already.
Old 10-13-16, 09:21 AM

No extra goodies in my third package.
Old 10-16-16, 08:35 AM

Mediocre choices the last few days, hopefully the last day here has something fun.
Old 10-16-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I want to get a deal on Jeepers and Jeepers 2. One title a day, and not being able to buy previous titles, is fucking stupid. I'll just wait for Amazon's sale, because I think they had one last October.
Old 10-17-16, 08:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, I unfortunately didn't get anything this sale...it came down to the silly format of 1 batch/1 sale item a day...and I could never pair anything together. If they would have done everything at once I probably would have pulled the trigger. As is, I kept waiting for a whole bunch of nothing when it came down to it. Oh well.
Old 10-17-16, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I haven't bought anything during this sale either. I don't mind the one title per day thing but with shipping added in for each order it doesn't make for much of a sale unless you buy multiple items.
Old 10-17-16, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

All titles from daily sale are now on sale for today online
Old 10-17-16, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for them. Although that is probably going to piss some folks off that bought some filler items or had to pay shipping to get one item.

The only thing I'm looking for is Session 9, but I can wait for a better sale at Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.