Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Old 11-05-20, 07:42 AM
  #1076  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 5,337
Received 222 Likes on 196 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Full Metal Jacket 4K at 9.99.
Old 11-05-20, 08:26 AM
  #1077  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Amazon prices are getting aggressive already.

$9.99
Full Metal Jacket 4K
The Goonies 4K
It's A Wonderful Life 4K
Parasite 4K

$7.99
Joker 4K
Sicario 4K
Bubblebee 4K
Star Trek 4K
Star Trek Into Darkness 4K
Old 11-05-20, 08:32 AM
  #1078  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,262
Received 1,207 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Star Trek Into Darkness 4K is back to regular price.
Old 11-05-20, 08:39 AM
  #1079  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Birds of Prey 4K - $7.99
Old 11-05-20, 09:53 AM
  #1080  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,904
Received 1,906 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by E Unit
Amazon prices are getting aggressive already.
Because I’m the annoying guy who feels compelled to point this out, they’re Best Buy’s prices. Amazon is allergic to originating their own sales.
Old 11-05-20, 10:10 AM
  #1081  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

I know, I read after. Still, Amazon doing these prices is all I care about, so long as I never have to deal with Best Buy.
Old 11-05-20, 01:54 PM
  #1082  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

I picked up a few 4K discs:
Bumblebee
It's A Wonderful Life
Joker
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Steelbook

I'm tempted to pick up the 1917 4K Steelbook, but it looks like it doesn't have a digital copy.
Old 11-05-20, 02:00 PM
  #1083  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,146
Received 457 Likes on 315 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I'm tempted to pick up the 1917 4K Steelbook, but it looks like it doesn't have a digital copy.
The non-steelbook version will be available for $7.99 either during subsequent early access sales or during Black Friday proper. It should contain a digital copy.
Old 11-05-20, 02:01 PM
  #1084  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by TheBang
The non-steelbook version will be available for $7.99 either during subsequent early access sales or during Black Friday proper. It should contain a digital copy.
I'll wait for that then.
Old 11-05-20, 04:12 PM
  #1085  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,450
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I picked up a few 4K discs:
Bumblebee
It's A Wonderful Life
Joker
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Steelbook

I'm tempted to pick up the 1917 4K Steelbook, but it looks like it doesn't have a digital copy.
steel book has digital https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/1917-4K-Blu-ray/260625/
Old 11-05-20, 04:14 PM
  #1086  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
It's not listed at Best Buy as having a digital copy. I'm going to wait to see if goes on sale for $7.99 and get it then.
Old 11-05-20, 08:42 PM
  #1087  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 20,252
Received 362 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Stopped by one of the local Best Buy B&Ms and picked up a few of the 4Ks that were the Wish List sale.

Full Metal Jacket (1987)
Ghost in the Shell (2017)
The Goonies (1985)
It's A Wonderful Life (1946)
Joker (2019)
Overlord (2018)
Old 11-05-20, 08:42 PM
  #1088  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,450
Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by lwhy?
It's not listed at Best Buy as having a digital copy. I'm going to wait to see if goes on sale for $7.99 and get it then.
Don't mean to go back and forth on this but here's what the steelbook description says in bluray.com's review at the link I provided: '....Inside, the digital copy code is tucked underneath the left-hand-side tabs. The two discs, one UHD and one Blu-ray, are situated on the right in staggered-stacked formation'.
Old 11-05-20, 08:59 PM
  #1089  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Don't mean to go back and forth on this but here's what the steelbook description says in bluray.com's review at the link I provided: '....Inside, the digital copy code is tucked underneath the left-hand-side tabs. The two discs, one UHD and one Blu-ray, are situated on the right in staggered-stacked formation'.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/1917-st...?skuId=6398037 Best Buy's description only says 4K/Blu-ray no mention of digital. I'm not going risk it. I'll just get the regular 4k packaging for $7.99.
Old 11-06-20, 08:08 AM
  #1090  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,392
Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by lwhy?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/1917-st...?skuId=6398037 Best Buy's description only says 4K/Blu-ray no mention of digital. I'm not going risk it. I'll just get the regular 4k packaging for $7.99.
I did an in-store pickup of the 1917 steelbook and the paper cover sleeve over the steelbook says it includes the Digital Copy on both the front and back.
Old 11-06-20, 10:06 AM
  #1091  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 9,863
Received 828 Likes on 610 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by PerryD
I did an in-store pickup of the 1917 steelbook and the paper cover sleeve over the steelbook says it includes the Digital Copy on both the front and back.
Well crap. I already did my order and going to pick them up curbside today.
Old 11-08-20, 09:02 PM
  #1092  
DVD Talk God
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 79,223
Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

The Daniel Craig Bond 4K set is $39.99 at Amazon and also includes a $6.66 coupon at checkout. $33 and change was a easy yes from me. That’s about $8 and change per movie.
The following 3 users liked this post by DJariya:
Adam Tyner (11-08-20), JoeySeven (11-10-20), Why So Blu? (11-08-20)
Old 11-08-20, 09:51 PM
  #1093  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,262
Received 1,207 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

^ My total is $36.75 shipped with tax. I read on a forum that the digital codes included will not redeem in 4K, only HD. I also read that only the standalone 4K releases are the ones that redeem in 4K. FYI
Old 11-08-20, 09:55 PM
  #1094  
DVD Talk God
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 79,223
Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
^ My total is $36.75 shipped with tax. I read on a forum that the digital codes included will not redeem in 4K, only HD. I also read that only the standalone 4K releases are the ones that redeem in 4K. FYI
That's okay. I already have the entire Bond series on digital HD from that $10 Vudu mess up last year.
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (11-08-20)
Old 11-09-20, 01:18 AM
  #1095  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 20,252
Received 362 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Ford V. Ferrari is currently $14.99 at Best Buy. Not too bad of a price.
Old 11-09-20, 12:00 PM
  #1096  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JoeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Banned
Posts: 2,480
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

^
Ford V. Ferrari might drop down even lower. But it nice BB has extended their holiday return date to Jan 16 2021?
It is in the movie database as TBA at best buy. It is only a few bucks, but some have post it going to be $13.



Amazon
On sale for $39.99, clip the $6.66 coupon found on product page to lower the price to $33.33. Shipping is free.

007 The Daniel Craig Collection 4k


Also I think you can price match some of these movies over at Target B2G1F sale.
Or maybe Target stop doing that because it is already a sale item.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 11-09-20 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-09-20, 12:12 PM
  #1097  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
^ My total is $36.75 shipped with tax. I read on a forum that the digital codes included will not redeem in 4K, only HD. I also read that only the standalone 4K releases are the ones that redeem in 4K. FYI
The Daniel Craig set has 2 code sheets, 1 for 4K, and 1 for HD.
Old 11-09-20, 01:22 PM
  #1098  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 20,252
Received 362 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
^
Ford V. Ferrari might drop down even lower. But it nice BB has extended their holiday return date to Jan 16 2021?
It is in the movie database as TBA at best buy. It is only a few bucks, but some have post it going to be $13.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep track of it.

Currently the standard BD is $12.99 at Best Buy and the 4K is $14.99.
Old 11-09-20, 07:23 PM
  #1099  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,262
Received 1,207 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Originally Posted by E Unit
The Daniel Craig set has 2 code sheets, 1 for 4K, and 1 for HD.
You sure? These new sets have been pressed by Warner Bros. They supposedly have the WB icon somewhere on the packaging.
Old 11-09-20, 08:39 PM
  #1100  
Banned by request
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Goodbye and Good Luck
Posts: 17,800
Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: 4K / Ultra HD Blu-ray: Discounts and deals

Of course I’m sure. I bought it from Amazon. I thought it would only have one code sheet for 4K. Turns out the 4K case had a code sheet and the blu ray case had a code sheet.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.