Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar General Blu-rays

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-17, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dollar General Blu-rays

Last Friday I picked up Ocean's 12/13 in a twofer on Blu for $4.99. (Yes, just those two...I wanted them for the commentaries. I already have 'em all on a Warner 4 film collection in standard def.)
Old 05-12-17, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

New $4.95 sightings (at least to me):

Yogi Bear
Little Fockers
Couples Retreat
The Watch
Soldier
Street Kings
Rocky Horror 35 Anni.
Ray
Last House on the Left (original)
Amityville Horror (original)
Absolute Power
The Sting digibook
Old 05-12-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bacigalup
New $4.95 sightings (at least to me):

The Sting digibook
I wish the Dollar generals here didn't look like places where I was going to get mugged..I would love to get that one. That and the few I did go into had jack and crap.
Old 05-14-17, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

More findings today:

For $4.95:
AVP double feature
Fistful of Dollars/For a Few Dollars More double feature
Argo
Selma
Outbreak

For $10:
Annie gift set w/Sandy plush (2014)

Was able to purchase an unsealed copy of the Silverado digibook for $3, and yes, the BD plays fine!
Old 07-03-17, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this is news, but I visited a DG recently and was surprised to find an entire spinning rack of Blu-Rays at $4.95 each. Previously, their BD selection was always hit and miss, but I checked two other stores this afternoon and found the same setup. The selection was mostly "the same stuff", but I did find a Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters 3D, which seemed like a good buy even if I don't know anything about the series.
Old 08-12-17, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stopped into a Dollar General yesterday and saw two large "movies u buy" boxes that said hold for vendor reset $3.95 DVD/$4.95 Blu.

No idea if they're new or the same everyone was seeing over the last couple of months, just thought I'd send the heads up in case it's anything good.
Old 09-16-17, 02:03 PM

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

I've found some caseless Blu-rays in generic blue cardboard sleeves in several of my nearby stores. Since they're only $1 each, I've picked up a few.

Here are all the titles that I've seen:

She's Out of My League
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
St. Vincent
Bedtime Stories
The Fifth Element
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The Lovely Bones
Real Steel
Flight
Remember Me
The Spirit
My Sister's Keeper
Rambo III
Old 11-18-17, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

Good sale starting tomorrow and going through Wednesday, assuming your local store has it.

BOGO free on the "Movies U Buy" titles (both BD/DVD). The only downside for me is I've picked up most of the $4.95 titles I'm most interested in whenever I've had a DG coupon.
Old 11-19-17, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Good sale starting tomorrow and going through Wednesday, assuming your local store has it.

BOGO free on the "Movies U Buy" titles (both BD/DVD). The only downside for me is I've picked up most of the $4.95 titles I'm most interested in whenever I've had a DG coupon.
actually all the non Disney movies (mostly Fox) are ringing up $2.48 and a 50% off is being applied on that for an out the door price of $1.24 each. Just picked up 14 titles at Flagstaff, AZ store

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 11-20-17 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-19-17, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And with that you're going to force me to get off my tail and check out the local stores. There's nothing I want for $4.95. Probably some things at around $2.50. Knowing my history, I'd pick up just about anything at $1.25.
Old 11-19-17, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I just spent way more money than I ever intended to. It will take me some time to assess the damage.

This was an amazing deal. Even had some cashiers reacting to how cheap these movies well.
Old 11-20-17, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So...is it only the $4.95 titles that are on any promo? The cashier saw me looking and said "all the movies are buy one get one free". I chose 6 I didn't have, and it rang up to $27.xx. So she said "that's weird. Hold on so I can get the manager." Manager cane and said "yeah, it's only the ones that are $4.95, that's why I didn't hang the sign." I asked him to check a $2.95 and $3.95 and instead of using the register, he used his phone, then said "some of the promos don't show on here, but tye registering so slow.", So I asked him to check one and it was full price. I told him I would take the two $4.95s I picked, which totalled to $2.67. he said "alright. $2.67. That's a good deal."
Old 11-20-17, 03:58 PM

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by rwsharpjr
So...is it only the $4.95 titles that are on any promo? The cashier saw me looking and said "all the movies are buy one get one free". I chose 6 I didn't have, and it rang up to $27.xx. So she said "that's weird. Hold on so I can get the manager." Manager cane and said "yeah, it's only the ones that are $4.95, that's why I didn't hang the sign." I asked him to check a $2.95 and $3.95 and instead of using the register, he used his phone, then said "some of the promos don't show on here, but tye registering so slow.", So I asked him to check one and it was full price. I told him I would take the two $4.95s I picked, which totalled to $2.67. he said "alright. $2.67. That's a good deal."
I checked three local stores today and walked away with a dozen titles in all. There was signage up at only one store, but it very clearly said "$4.95 titles."

Thanks for reporting this, Cardsfan111!!
Old 11-20-17, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Tried my nearest store. Same shit since mid-October.
Old 11-21-17, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

My visit 5 stores

1 had Zero Blu's
1 had 1 Blu and tons of the former rentals in paper sleeves
2 had a fair amount, but nothing I wanted
1 had 4 I wanted

Went to the counter. 1 rang up $4.95, 1 rang up $2.48, 2 rang up $1.24.

The $4.95 didn't have the Red sticker (I think but that is what the clerk said) and I put that back.
The $2.48 had the big red sticker UPC 807773649524.
The $1.24 both had little red sticker UPC 807773049577.

Happy Hunting ....
Old 11-21-17, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
As best as I can tell most of the 4.95 items ring up 2.48 then it's BiG1F so it makes sense to try to find an even number. I got 11 yesterday before I realized what I did -- 10 at 1.24 and one 2.48. Today I found some extras at a different store and added an item I really didn't want, but could easily give away just b/c it would be free.
My total was $9.91 for the 4 discs (pre-tax). They removed the $4.95 title and the others stayed at $2.48+1.24+1.24=4.96 for the 3. While I realize it was supposed to be B1G1Free, these were simply the price they were individually when rang up.
Old 11-21-17, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
My receipt has 2.48 single titles and the paired BOGO titles are just priced as 1.24 titles rather than listing anything free -- rather they are listed $2.48 with 1.24 discount each.
What threw my purchase off was the $4.95 title that didn't have any discount. Maybe if it had, it would have worked out to be $1.24 each. I had looked through everything they had and would have grabbed a duplicate for a present if I'd thought about it. by the way the first title she scanned scanned at $1.24 by itself so the whole thing was goofed.
Old 11-21-17, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hit up 2 more in my area. 1 store had 1 used Blu. The other store was a jackpot. Almost as if they just put the display out.

And this time every $4.95 no matter the SKU rang up as $1.24.

I suspect maybe there was something odd at the first store. Since 1 was $4.95 and the other $2.48. Basically I paid an extra $1.24 there (after skipping the $4.95 one) because I didn't have a pair.
Old 11-21-17, 09:07 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

yup... $1.24 a movie!! my wife and I got 22 films for $25!!! only 4 without cases. insane...
Old 11-22-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

This deal is still good today, yes?

I went to my local Dollar General yesterday. Even at $1.24, I didn't bite on the four or five semi-interesting titles they had. I had to be honest with myself... am I ever going to sit down and watch Speed again? Not likely.

Thinking about trying another location later today if the sale is still good.
Old 11-22-17, 04:58 PM

I'm a bit confused here - are these $1.24 prices ringing up without any special coupon (someone mentioned they had one). Is it both dvds and blu's on sale? Is it all $4.95 titles or only those marked promo?

And why is almost no one bragging about what titles they purchased - that seems one of the main points about the sales threads!

I have three DG's in my town - have gone to two already - one had some pretty good $4.95 dvd sets (Jack Lemmon, Lucille Ball Sony movie collections among them also some Sony two season tv sets) the other one had almost nothing $4.95 and is very much the messy dump someone alludes to many DG's being (this one by the way is not even two years old!!)
Old 11-22-17, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No special coupon needed. Tonight is the last night for the BOGO deal.

All $4.95 titles with the Movies U Buy label (new or used). Not the ones cheaper or more expensive, or other labels. Can be DVDs or BDs.

I went crazy this week, picking up over 100 titles when all is said and done. I can list 'em later tonight. While there's some titles that seem to be everywhere, each store seemed to be a little different. Made it exciting to hit my local stores. I never knew what I'd find at each one.
Old 11-22-17, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
No special coupon needed. Tonight is the last night for the BOGO deal.

All $4.95 titles with the Movies U Buy label (new or used). Not the ones cheaper or more expensive, or other labels. Can be DVDs or BDs.

I went crazy this week, picking up over 100 titles when all is said and done. I can list 'em later tonight. While there's some titles that seem to be everywhere, each store seemed to be a little different. Made it exciting to hit my local stores. I never knew what I'd find at each one.
Thanks for the info - I did notice some of the $4.95s did not have the "Movies U Buy" sticker on them (alas, I think they were some of the better titles) and some did - wanted to make sure before I tried to buy anything as these DGs usually have only one cashier and it can take forever to void a ringup particularly depending on the cashier). I'll be leaving within the hour to hit Store #3 and probably back to Store #1.
Old 11-22-17, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
This deal is still good today, yes?

I went to my local Dollar General yesterday. Even at $1.24, I didn't bite on the four or five semi-interesting titles they had. I had to be honest with myself... am I ever going to sit down and watch Speed again? Not likely.

Thinking about trying another location later today if the sale is still good.
This is why I quit buying almost everything I just slightly interested at Dollar Tree and other places - just ended up packing my cabinets to the brim with unwatched dvds. And eventually donating many to charity shops!
Old 11-22-17, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I got 36 titles, and many of them had good UV codes inside. I don't go to Dollar General very often, but with the 3 that I went to, I found them in general to be much dirtier than Dollar Tree, but the titles here were of better quality than those I've found at Dollar Tree. Like Cardsfan, there were some titles that I found pretty much everywhere and others that I found maybe one copy of at one store.

Here's what I picked up:

All 5 Die Hard movies (the newest one had a UV code, others did not)
The Internship (with UV)
Alvin and the Chipmunks 1&2 (2 pack)
Let's Be Cops (with UV)
Walking With Dinosaurs (with UV)
Carrie 2 pack (original + remake)
The Heat/Speed (Sandra Bullock 2 pack)
Exodus: Gods and Kings (with UV)
Jennifer's Body
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (with UV)
Runner Runner (with UV)
Paper Towns (with UV)
Rocky
The Watch (with UV)
The Family (with UV)
I, Robot
The Fault in our Stars (with UV)
Jewel of the Nile
The Usual Suspects (with UV)
Life of Pi (with UV)
Be Cool
Dude, Where's my Car?
Robocop (2013) (with UV)
Spy (with UV)
Rocky Balboa
3 Days to Kill (with UV)

The following titles had iTunes digital copies with Digital Copy Discs, but I haven't had the chance to test if they work or not yet:

The Immortals
Gulliver's Travels
Bride Wars
Jumper
Mirror, Mirror
The Rocker

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.