Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon France - Sopranos Complete (Blu-ray) $47 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-16, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Amazon France - Sopranos Complete (Blu-ray) $47 shipped

Title says it all. Link to Amazon.fr won't work so I don't bother. But check out amazon.fr. They have many sets which are about 50% off right now, and shipping is basically the same as when the VAT is removed. Not too bad for Sopranos. English DTS 5.1 soundtrack I think, so the only difference is your French labeling.

Touche. Pas!

P.S. The USD is getting royal jelly fucked, so ordering overseas would be a good idea to do soon.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 01-13-16 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-13-16, 06:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Re: Amazon France - Sopranos Complete (Blu-ray) $47 shipped

Region free I assume...
Old 01-13-16, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by hariseldon
French Sopranos is missing the Bonus disc compared to US/UK set and missing the UV code of the US set.
Thanks for the additional info.
Old 01-14-16, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,078 Likes on 653 Posts

Damn, that is tempting. But I have such a backlog right now that I don't know if I would ever get around to watching the set.
Old 02-13-16, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Amazon France also has a deal where if you spend 100 Euro, you'll get 50 Euro deducted.

There's a limited selection of titles, but a few titles some of you might be interested in.

In addition, IF YOU QUALIFY, there's also a purchase 50 Euro GC and get a 10 Euro promotion added to your account, so you could make out pretty well if you select the titles. Again, you may not qualify, but I did today and had to email Amazon.fr customer service to get the promotion to show up quickly. I think they give it a few days for the promotion to show up but I didn't want to risk the chance of the other promo going away. For the 100 Euro 50 Euro deduction, is says the expiration is March of 2016, but who knows. I also wanted the titles to be in stock, and some of these titles are somewhat rare (Snowpiercer Ultimate Edition & Johnny Got His Gun Collector's Edition).

Since VAT is removed when you checkout, you'll have to do a little math to get around 100 Euro golden number to make the 50 Euro deduction worth it. Also, if you're adding more than 5 titles, shipping will start to add up. There are many TV shows which could be had for cheap.

Direct Linky:

http://www.amazon.fr/b?ie=UTF8&node=...conditions-420

Hopefully this link will not redirect to Amazon.com.

Not to confuse you more...but there are other Blu-ray and DVD promos mixed in with the 100 Euro offer, such as buy 2 Blu-ray Titles, get 1 free, and other combinations.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 02-14-16 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-14-16, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you order (just for suggestions)? tha nks for posting this...
Old 02-14-16, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I ordered the Snowpiercer Ultimate Edition and the Johnny Got His Gun Collectors Edition with a few steelbooks. By the way, this Snowpiercer edition has two very nice books along with a Steelbook. I saw this movie a second time and liked it better than the first time I saw it.

Oh, and I ordered some DC Comics Steelbooks. The Dark Knight Returns (Part 1 and Part 2 steelbooks) and Superman Brainiac steelbook. I double-dipped on the DKR title as I have the deluxe edition already, but I wanted to add to the currect steelbook collection of DC comics I have.
Old 02-14-16, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Forgot to mention there are a ton more DVDs in this sale than Blu-ray.
Old 02-14-16, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the link to the GC deal? And can you order 2 GCs and get 2 promos?
Old 02-15-16, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://www.amazon.fr/b?node=5759920031

I haven't tried doing it twice. I'm not that wealthy.

On that page, you'll find the fine print, though.
Old 02-16-16, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I ordered the Snowpiercer Ultimate Edition and the Johnny Got His Gun Collectors Edition with a few steelbooks. By the way, this Snowpiercer edition has two very nice books along with a Steelbook. I saw this movie a second time and liked it better than the first time I saw it.

Oh, and I ordered some DC Comics Steelbooks. The Dark Knight Returns (Part 1 and Part 2 steelbooks) and Superman Brainiac steelbook. I double-dipped on the DKR title as I have the deluxe edition already, but I wanted to add to the currect steelbook collection of DC comics I have.
Naturally, the covers are in French. Are the books for Snowpiercer and all the inserts for all the blurays in French too?
Old 02-16-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes, the books are in French. However, this is a great time to give yourself a pat on the back to take some French lessons, mon ami.

The inserts I'm not sure about. The artwork in these books is what I was after as I saw them on a YouTube video, describing the contents. Some really cool stuff in those books, so if you like the movie, you'll have little issue with the French language.
Old 02-16-16, 03:13 PM

Yes, the books are in French. However, this is a great time to give yourself a pat on the back to take some French lessons, mon ami.

The inserts I'm not sure about. The artwork in these books is what I was after as I saw them on a YouTube video, describing the contents. Some really cool stuff in those books, so if you like the movie, you'll have little issue with the French language.
Yes, Snowpiercer is one of my favorite films and having watched the making-of documentary do know the film is based on a French graphics novel if I remember right. Getting artwork books would be amazing.

Finding 100 Euros of blurays to buy and navigating the French Amazon website and making sure I've fulfilled all the conditions of the deal may be tricky though. So what is the exchange rates between Euros and the dollar these days and how much did Snowpiercer Ultimate cost in terms of dollars?
Old 02-16-16, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Currently, you're looking at about $1.11 USD per 1 Euro, and it's gone down a few cents more since I ordered.

You can end up with €125 in your cart, but after VAT is removed, you'll be around €100 mark.

So, if your cart ends up to be around €50, that would be only $61 or so. Shipping is REALLY variable, but basically, if you add more than 5 items, you'll rack up some serious shipping charges. But this depends on how much you want certain editions. I saw the Marley set in there which I almost got.
Old 02-16-16, 11:13 PM

Currently, you're looking at about $1.11 USD per 1 Euro, and it's gone down a few cents more since I ordered.

You can end up with €125 in your cart, but after VAT is removed, you'll be around €100 mark.

So, if your cart ends up to be around €50, that would be only $61 or so. Shipping is REALLY variable, but basically, if you add more than 5 items, you'll rack up some serious shipping charges. But this depends on how much you want certain editions. I saw the Marley set in there which I almost got.
Wow, the value sure went down relative to the dollar which is great. Guess I'll take a look to see what, if anything, there is to get besides Snowpiercer.