Reload this Page >

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Old 09-22-21, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
Re: Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

New Flash Sale at Flicker Alley. This is probably one of their best discounts; don't think I've ever seen more than 20%, maybe 25% off their stuff, and that's usually only on one disc, or maybe a small handful of titles. Highly recommend both 3D Rarities discs (if you're set up for that), all of the Cinerama releases, and all of their noir titles, although the two newest noirs don't seem to be included.

https://www.flickeralley.com/classic-movies-2/

The following 2 users liked this post by Brian T:
Adam Tyner (09-22-21), laidbacklarkin (09-22-21)
Old 09-22-21, 01:35 PM

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

The two 'Mary Pickford' titles are OOS
Old 09-22-21, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Hamilton Books has the Pickford titles for less anyway.
Old 09-23-21, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm interested in FA'S 4 film poverty row set... but $40 + shipping for 4 d flicks.................
Old 09-24-21, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 615 Likes on 409 Posts

You can get 15% off at the newly-launched www.arrowvideo.com (Arrow's US website) if you go to the site and sign up for email notifications. Good until 10/14 and valid only on purchases $50 or more.
The following users liked this post:
Captsmee.00 (09-26-21)
Old 09-26-21, 09:08 AM

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I was super happy with my Hamilton Books order. Deluxe Blood Bath w/case, poster, booklet, slipcover for Exorcist II. They surprise me with what they get sometimes

Adam Tyner (09-26-21)
Old 10-07-21, 02:21 AM

Halloween Flash Sale at Ronin Flix

It's Frightober and we're throwing a Halloween Flash Sale to get in the mood!
Get an extra 35% OFF the current low sale price when you spend $50 or more on any of the titles in the Halloween Sale Collection. Enter code MOVIETIME at checkout.

Sale begins Wednesday, 10/6 at 4 PM PT and ends Sunday, 10/15 at 11:59 PM PT

QUANTITIES EXTREMELY LIMITED ON SELECT TITLES

Offer valid on Blu-rays in the Halloween Sale Collection only. Available while supplies last.
One word of caution: a lot of the titles in this sale are Kino reissues of previous Code Red/Scorpion titles, and are considerably cheaper at Kino's own site when they go on sale (or will be). Looks like a lot of them have sold out already, though, which is surprising.
Old 10-07-21, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 297 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Halloween Flash Sale at Ronin Flix

One word of caution: a lot of the titles in this sale are Kino reissues of previous Code Red/Scorpion titles, and are considerably cheaper at Kino's own site when they go on sale (or will be). Looks like a lot of them have sold out already, though, which is surprising.
It's not really surprising because I don't think they update their listings. I think all of the ones that are sold out have been sold out for a while.
Old 10-07-21, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
It's not really surprising because I don't think they update their listings. I think all of the ones that are sold out have been sold out for a while.
I checked the site out not long after the sale started and multiple titles were showing limits. I don't recall exactly which ones they were, but one item they only had 2 remaining and another only had 8 remaining. There were others, but that's just an example of how limited some were from the get-go.
Old 10-08-21, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
I checked the site out not long after the sale started and multiple titles were showing limits. I don't recall exactly which ones they were, but one item they only had 2 remaining and another only had 8 remaining. There were others, but that's just an example of how limited some were from the get-go.
I kinda feel bad for those who bought the Kino titles, in particular, based on that "X remaining" thing. As Ronin notes on the listings, many of the Kino titles are re-issues of Code Red/Scorpion titles that did indeed go OOP, but this almost seems like a small trick to make people think these titles are perhaps still OOP and in limited supply when the reality is most will turn up in Kino's sales for as little as $7.99 - $9.99 sooner or later. Some are already in their current sale.
Old 10-08-21, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 155 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
I kinda feel bad for those who bought the Kino titles, in particular, based on that "X remaining" thing. As Ronin notes on the listings, many of the Kino titles are re-issues of Code Red/Scorpion titles that did indeed go OOP, but this almost seems like a small trick to make people think these titles are perhaps still OOP and in limited supply when the reality is most will turn up in Kino's sales for as little as $7.99 - $9.99 sooner or later. Some are already in their current sale.
Best to keep the skeptics hat on when dealing with Code Red releases.
Brian T (10-08-21)
Old 10-12-21, 04:23 PM

This one's for Canadians only. Not sure how many read this thread, but Unobstructed View (pretty much the ONLY player up here now for boutique labels) has a 50% off sale on Kino titles, with a pretty decent selection (222 titles). The owner claimed in his e-blast that several bargain-priced titles are cheaper than importing from the states, which is true for the absolute cheapest discs. Many of the rest compare reasonably well, though, especially IF your only alternative is importing to the states. Still, compiling a large order, though, could be about the same price-wise, and likely more, as there's no free shipping (which they did offer during a September Kino sale). And I believe Kino's current US sale has a much larger selection. Still, it's something . . .
https://unobstructedview.com/rocktob..._list_limit=36

Also a sale on MPI titles:
https://unobstructedview.com/mpi-sal..._list_limit=36

Old 10-13-21, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
Synapse sale over here:
https://cinemaclassics.com/product-tag/synapse/

Sale ends 9/18/21.

Free shipping on U.S. orders over $60.

Sorry for posting this one, I know a lot of people had issues with this company (me included). Buyer beware for future shoppers.
Old 10-14-21, 06:25 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

What kind of issues? I only made one order of two movies which I received, only 'issue' I had was it took over a week to ship (got a tracking number 5 days after placing the order, and it didn't seem to actually ship until 3 days after that), but that kind of thing doesn't really bother me.
Old 10-16-21, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
What kind of issues? I only made one order of two movies which I received, only 'issue' I had was it took over a week to ship (got a tracking number 5 days after placing the order, and it didn't seem to actually ship until 3 days after that), but that kind of thing doesn't really bother me.
I don't recall the other issues, but I did read about several people having problems with this seller on the other forum. But man, I haven't been steamed like this with a retailer since the Horror Movie Empire days.

One of the items I ordered came not at the Blu-Ray I ordered but a DVD. So I reached out to them on their site for a replacement. They never responded but did change the item listing on their site to say DVD instead of Blu-Ray. A few weeks later I reached out again, again ghosted. So I did a PayPal dispute for just that one item, they responded to that in like 10 minutes in a very childish and disrespectful manner. They fabricated fake e-mails they supposedly sent me (I did check spam as well) and overall have been the rudest company I have ever dealt with in 20 years of internet e-commerce. (Reminds me of that internet story about the camera company that wouldn't let the guy buy a product without it being a bundle).

Eventually I was just over talking to them and sent it up to PayPal to resolve, then they started e-mailing me calling me a liar and a complainer. Never ever will I shop at this company again. (Edit: yes I did return the product, on my own dime (a product I didn't order)).

Last edited by SterlingBen; 10-16-21 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-17-21, 06:06 PM

Received 1,610 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Arrow

The following 3 users liked this post by dex14:
Adam Tyner (10-17-21), Captsmee.00 (10-17-21), sleepyhead55 (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

There are too many ongoing sales. Add a Shout Factory Shocktober sale that is coming in the next few days too.
Old 10-18-21, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 354 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post
There are too many ongoing sales. Add a Shout Factory Shocktober sale that is coming in the next few days too.
Don't forget the Criterion one-day Flash Sale that usually happens right around now...
Old 10-18-21, 02:03 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 191 Likes on 136 Posts

Somehow, it appears like I’ve never ordered from Arrow before. Anything I should know? Any coupons? Looks like flat rate $4.99 shipping?
Old 10-19-21, 06:54 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I was looking into ordering some Arrow stuff from the UK, but neither Zavvi or Arrow UK let me order the Invisible Man double feature, saying they couldn't ship to my address. Do they prevent US people from ordering titles in the US now? I've done that a handful of times in the past because the UK sales are generally better than what we get here.
Old 10-19-21, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
I was looking into ordering some Arrow stuff from the UK, but neither Zavvi or Arrow UK let me order the Invisible Man double feature, saying they couldn't ship to my address. Do they prevent US people from ordering titles in the US now? I've done that a handful of times in the past because the UK sales are generally better than what we get here.
Apparently Arrow has locked out North American buyers. I have yet to hear anyone say the same about Zavvi. So I'm not sure what's going on there.
Old 10-19-21, 11:16 AM

The selection of sale titles on Arrow's US site is a bit light, unless titles have been selling out already (?). For once, the Canadian sale (through Unobstructed View) has a wider selection, which almost never happens with them (don't know how they compare to the UK offerings since I don't import much these days due to the shipping expense, except from Eureka, which still ships free somehow). Mind you, the prices don't compare to the US after exchange and tax, so I'm still using the US. sale to pick up a few gap-fillers – shipped to my US address – and then probably gritting my teeth over whatever I get from the Canadian sale.