Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Old 11-23-18, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

I got the last copy of the Trampoline cover.
Old 11-23-18, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX View Post
I got the last copy of the Trampoline cover.
According to a tweet today, that one was the bestseller.
Old 11-23-18, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
According to a tweet today, that one was the bestseller.
Yea, I was partial to the Popcorn or Axe cover but when I clicked on it they only had one trampoline left, so why not.
Old 11-23-18, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I caved.

Ordered a copy of Mausoleum as well as Cutting Class (w/ Axe Slipcover) from Vinegar Syndrome.

Mausoleum is down to 64 copies as of 8:06PM (PST).

While it makes sense, it's crazy to think any Cutting Class Slipcovers that are remaining after Monday will be destroyed by Vinegar Syndrome.
Old 11-23-18, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the Euerka/MOC From Hitler To Calagari & the 2 pack that combined it with Hitler's Hollywood? It seems to have totally disappeared everywhere on the net.

I was waiting for a sale that will likely never happen!
Old 11-23-18, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I answered my own question. It is still combined, it just isn't obvious that's the case. Although not on sale, the UK-USA exchange rate is so low right now (25-30% depending on your processor) that I nabbed it. It SHOULD be $15.14 USD delivered, but I never know what my Visa co is going to charge.

That is one good thing about both PayPal & Amazon, they tell you at time pf purchase. Amazon.UK is at 34% tonight, the highest of anyone I've seen on the net.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 11-24-18 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-23-18, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ended up being $15.45 (29%). Still not bad at all for 2 full docs on both blu & dvd.
Old 11-24-18, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mausoleum (w/ LE Slipcover) is now sold out over at Vinegar Syndrome.
Old 11-24-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

https://epic-pictures.com is doing 50% off, code bf2018

Their shipping is brutal though...

To make it work over the sale they are having on Amazon you need to buy at least 4 movies.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 11-24-18 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-25-18, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen View Post
https://epic-pictures.com is doing 50% off, code bf2018

Their shipping is brutal though...

To make it work over the sale they are having on Amazon you need to buy at least 4 movies.
Have had 5 in my cart all weekend but I am going to have to pass. Even though several have been on my wishlist for awhile shipping is a killer.
Old 11-26-18, 09:50 AM

For those keeping track, Vinegar Syndrome has sold out of the Slipcover editions of MAUSOLEUM (3000 copies), BODY MELT (2000 copies) DEADLY DAPHNE'S REVENGE (2000), PETS (2000) and MEMORIES WITHIN MISS AGGIE (1000) have sold out, but 'standard' editions are still available. The Cutting Class "Axe" slipcover release is down to 6 copies at the moment. The Mausoleum slipcover version apparently sold out so quickly that they listed the 'standard' edition months earlier than planned.

They also tweeted about a handy new "50 > 50%" page for titles discounted more than the usual 50%:
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/filter/50-over-50/

Last edited by Brian T; 11-26-18 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-11-18, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my Slipcover LE copies of Mausoleum & Cutting Class.

Fantastic packaging by Vinegar Syndrome. Both of my items from their Black Friday Sale came in perfect condition.
Old 04-26-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Family Video has 55% off on 87 different Arrow titles: https://www.familyvideo.com/deals/arrow-movie-sale
Old 04-26-19, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll always recommend Arrow's Day of Anger from that sale.
Old 04-26-19, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I'll always recommend Arrow's Day of Anger from that sale.
hard to argue -- actually almost all of the Arrow Westerns are quiet good. Cemetery Without Crosses, Requiescant, The Hired Hand are very good too though the latter may not quite fit into the Western category
Old 05-10-19, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Eureka/MOC is doing an "ok" Weimar era German silent film sale now through the end of June. They've gone lower in the past, but almost every title is both essential & the best available print. Shipping is included in the price; they don't remove VAT in my experience.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions/weimar-sale/
Old 05-22-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didn't see any posting on this - Amazon Germany has a 5 for the price of 3 sale going on until 5/29

S/H across the pond for 5 titles (standard shipping is the cheapest) is €5.04. Discount is applied on the final order preview page. Package discount applies on top of VAT reduction (unlike other sales I have seen before), so for us stateside, its like a double dip. As an example, five €14.99 sale priced titles end up being $49.67 (€42.84) shipped if you pay in USD making it appr $10 per title shipped

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-22-19, 12:44 PM

Vinegar Syndrome’s ‘Half Way to Black Friday’ sale is May 24-27. Usual 50% off most of their stuff, halfway package, two secret new releases (with slips), merch, etc.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com

Last edited by Brian T; 05-22-19 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-22-19, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe Severin's sale is the week after Vinegar Syndrome's sale.
Old 05-24-19, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

BTW, if you're not interested in any of the brand new releases but still want to get your Vinegar Syndrome fix (or basically anything from any label, really), Family Video has a 20% off coupon (for both used and new) until May 30th: MEMORIAL19. Apparently it's good on pre-orders.

For instance, Slaughterhouse (if you're not into the awesome splitcover) is $16.49 direct from VinSyn, but it's $14.39 at familyvideo.com with that discount. Not a huge difference, but it adds up if you're grabbing a few titles.
Old 05-27-19, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
BTW, if you're not interested in any of the brand new releases but still want to get your Vinegar Syndrome fix (or basically anything from any label, really), Family Video has a 20% off coupon (for both used and new) until May 30th: MEMORIAL19. Apparently it's good on pre-orders.

For instance, Slaughterhouse (if you're not into the awesome splitcover) is $16.49 direct from VinSyn, but it's $14.39 at familyvideo.com with that discount. Not a huge difference, but it adds up if you're grabbing a few titles.
Coming up at 22.00+ today but sale is through today??
where did you get that price?
Thanks
Old 05-27-19, 11:07 AM

That family video discount brings Scream Factory's Creepshow down to 20 and Return of the Living Dead 2 to a little under 17. I've been watching them for a while and am pretty sure that's the cheapest either of them have been.
Old 05-27-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by papapauly View Post

Coming up at 22.00+ today but sale is through today??
where did you get that price?
Thanks
$16.49 from Vinegar Syndrome
$14.39 from Family Video ($17.99 - 20% off)

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
That family video discount brings Scream Factory's Creepshow down to 20 and Return of the Living Dead 2 to a little under 17. I've been watching them for a while and am pretty sure that's the cheapest either of them have been.
Wow! Thanks for pointing that out. I just bit on Creepshow.

Synapse Films' Popcorn (non-steelbook) is $15.19 after the coupon, which is the lowest I've seen.
​​

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-27-19 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-29-19, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info about the Family Video coupon. It's still active, by the way. I ended up skipping VS titles at both sites (I already own everything I want from them, and the new releases didn't excite me this year) and went for some Shout titles that have been sitting overpriced in my Amazon cart for a while now. All of these worked out to $16 or less:

INTO THE NIGHT
NIGHTHAWKS
MOLE PEOPLE
TARANTULA
DEADLY MANTIS
LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES
MACON COUNTY LINE
FROM A WHISPER TO A SCREAM
Old 05-30-19, 02:36 PM

As PhantomStranger predicted, the Severin 50% sale runs May 31 - June 3

Welcome back to our annual Mid-Year Sale, friends. We’ve got some new stuff to unveil for this sale that we are very excited about. As always, we greatly appreciate your continued support of our company and hope that we continue to surprise you with what we have in store for the rest of 2019 and beyond. Below is a helpful guide on how this sale will go. Hopefully it will answer any questions you may have, and if not, we’re still happy to help out.

WHAT THE MID-YEAR SALE INCLUDES:
  • 50% off MOST Severin/Intervision Titles
  • VIY - New Blu-ray Release w/ Exclusive Slipcover
  • Limited Edition Bundle for VIY
  • BURIED ALIVE Limited Edition Slipcover
  • Brand New Rainbow Logo T-Shirt

THE 50% OFF SALE
Severin Films and Intervision Picture Corp. are offering 50% off the majority of our catalog titles. Starting on Friday (5/31), Midnight EST, use the code BURIED50 at checkout to save on your purchases. The sale will end at 11:59:59 PST on the following Monday (6/3). The following items will be EXCLUDED from this 50% off sale:
  • Releases from the past 6 months (this includes Viy, All the Colors of the Dark, All the Colors of Giallo, Skinner, Mondo Freudo/Mondo Bizarro, Ecco/The Forbidden, Jack the Ripper, Next of Kin, Invasion of the Blood Farmers, the Hemisphere Box and it’s separate titles, Emanuelle & Francoise, Escape From Women’s Prison, Death Warmed Up, Masked Mutilator, Master of Dark Shadows, Saint Bernard, The Uncanny, The Beast in Heat, Night Killer, and Robowar)
  • All Merch items
  • All Bundles

Here’s a helpful list of catalog titles that will be eligible for 50% off for the first time ever:
  • Terror is a Man
  • Mad Doctor of Blood Island
  • Brides of Blood
  • Anthropophagous
  • Absurd
  • Horror of Party Beach
  • The Changeling

OUR MID YEAR SALE NEW RELEASES
  • Viy Feat. Exclusive Slipcover [Limited to 1500 units] ***Available ONLY during our Mid-Year Sale as a Pre-order. After Monday (6/3), this release will go Out of Print and a regular Blu-ray and DVD release will be available later this year. Price: $28
  • The Viy Bundle (Includes T-shirt and Art Print) [Limited to 250 units] ***Available ONLY during our Mid-Year Sale as a Pre-order. After Monday (6/3), this bundle will go Out of Print. Any remaining shirts and art prints will be available on the site at a later date along with a regular Blu-ray and DVD release of Viy. Price: $45
  • Rainbow Severin Logo T-shirt ***Price: $15
  • Buried Alive Slipcover [Limited to 800 units] ***Price: $8

Please note: We have JUST added an important component to our Viy Blu-ray which will create additional production time on this release. We anticipate having this Blu-ray in hand at our warehouse and ready to ship near the end of June along with our releases of Robowar, Night Killer, The Beast in Heat and all of their related merchandise. Want to add Viy to an existing order? We have that function now too! See the FAQ section below for more details.

SALE FAQ’s
Your site is down/I cannot log in. Why? Like with most websites, a large flow of heavy user traffic can slow the site down exponentially, or even crash it. If you are having difficulties getting in to our site, please be mindful that this is a temporary problem that we will begin resolving immediately if it happens. Please do not sit on the site and continue to refresh it during a crash or extreme lagging. Just simply veer away from the site and come back at a later time.

I did not receive an order confirmation. Did my order go through? Confirmations get sent out to the provided emails on orders. Please ensure that your email is accurate and free of misspellings and that you have checked all of your email folders (spam, junk, promotions, etc.).

What is the status of my order? When will I get my order? We will begin packaging orders as soon as they begin to trickle in on Friday morning. A tracking notification email will be sent to the provided email via our shipping program, Shipstation, once your is processed. Depending on the number of orders that this sale generates, it could take up to two weeks for all orders to get processed. If your order includes our release of Viy, it should begin shipping near the end of June.

Do you ship internationally and what about free shipping? Yes, we ship all over the world. Shipping rates are carefully calculated to factor in the USPS shipping rates, our handling fees, and supplies used. Our site also offers FREE economy shipping (Media Mail for US orders). For FREE shipping eligibility:
  • U.S. residents must spend $80 and over.
  • Canadian residents must spend $100 and over.
  • All other countries must spend $130 and over. We are NOT responsible for any lost packages during our sale. If your order is returned back to our facility, we will contact the provided email to inform you of the situation and you will need to pay for re-shipment of your order or cancel it for a refund of the cost of items only.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.