Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

Old 11-14-18, 06:54 AM

Re: Thread for BF Cult, Genre and/or Non-Region A Blu-Rays

https://www.zavvi.com/offers/indepen...T8EP-LpKdKtoO4

Zavvi has a Buy 2 Save 30% on select Indicator titles (most are region free). The Harryhausen sets are part of the sale (can't believe these haven't sold out yet), and two of the Hammer sets.

Peter
Old 11-22-18, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

MVD Black Friday Sale on Select Items:

Free Shipping Code = MVDFREE (Orders over $50)

https://mvdshop.com/collections/front-page?page=1
Old 11-22-18, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Really good prices there, but the movies, well . . .

Still, probably the lowest I’ve ever seen an Arrow title (Pray For Death) so there’s that.
Old 11-22-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Really good prices there, but the movies, well . . .

Still, probably the lowest I’ve ever seen an Arrow title (Pray For Death) so there’s that.
Lowest I've seen for the MVD Rewind Titles as well!
Old 11-22-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
MVD Black Friday Sale on Select Items:

Free Shipping Code = MVDFREE (Orders over $50)

https://mvdshop.com/collections/front-page?page=1
Instead of the big guys, decided to give my restricted business this year to MVD direct (no sales tax to SoCal either). Thanks for this info, asianxcore
Old 11-22-18, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Severin is having a Black Friday Sale but their email is scant on the details. The code is BLACKGLOVE and most items are 50% off. Starts tomorrow.

https://severin-films.com/shop/

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 11-22-18 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-22-18, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Severin is having a Black Friday Sale but their email is scant on the details. The code is BLACKGLOVE and most items are 50% off. Starts tomorrow.

https://severin-films.com/shop/
Scant?

Severin Films Black Friday Sale Policies/Guidelines 2018
By Severin Films on 11/21/2018
BLACK FRIDAY SALE

Hello friends of Severin and welcome back to our annual Black Friday Sale! We have some AMAZING new releases (Films and Merchandise) that we are very excited to debut with this sale. We greatly appreciate your continued business and support and helping us have our best year yet and rest assured our 2019 slate is even better! With that, let’s go over several bits of information and guidelines to help make this sale go as smoothly as possible.

WHAT THE SALE INCLUDES

50% off MOST Severin titles in our store
50% off ALL Intervision titles
5 BRAND NEW Blu-ray Releases (All the Colors of the Dark, All the Colors of Giallo, Mondo Freudo/Mondo Bizarro, Ecco/The Forbidden, and Skinner)
2 Limited Edition Duo Slipcases/1 Limited Edition Slipcover
16 BRAND NEW Merch Items
THE 50% OFF SALE

Severin Films and Intervision Picture Corp. are offering 50% off the majority of our catalog titles. Starting on Friday (11/23), Midnight EST, use the code BLACKGLOVE at checkout to save on your purchases. The sale will end at 11:59:59 PST on Cyber Monday (11/26). The following items will be EXCLUDED from this 50% off sale:

Releases from the past 6 months (this includes the Black Friday releases as well as Terror is a Man, Mad Doctor of Blood Island, Brides of Blood, Anthropophagous, Absurd, Horror of Party Beach, and The Changeling)
All Merch items
All Bundles
Here’s a nifty list of catalog titles that will be eligible for 50% off for the first time ever:

Eaten Alive (including the Limited Edition version)
Emanuelle & the Last Cannibals (including the Limited Edition version)
Threads (including the Limited Edition version)
Sinfonia Erotica/ The Sadist of Notre Dame
Violence in a Women’s Prison
Zombie 3 & Zombie 4
Shocking Dark (including LE Terminator 2 version) ***Our Terminator 2 version will be retired at the end of our Black Friday sale permanently.
OUR BLACK FRIDAY BLU-RAY RELEASES

Here are the Five Blu-rays that we will be debuting for this Black Friday Sale:

All The Colors of the Dark [2-Disc Blu-ray]
All The Colors of Giallo [3-Disc Blu-ray]
Mondo Freudo/Mondo Bizarro [Double Feature Blu-ray]
Ecco/The Forbidden [Double Feature Blu-ray]
Skinner [Blu-ray w/Limited Edition Slipcover] (Limited to 2000 copies)
You can purchase all of these titles separately or you can grab our Limited Edition Collector Sets or Special Bundles.

COLLECTOR SETS

Four of the New Releases are packaged together in two separate collector sets with unique Double Slipcases (much like our now SOLD OUT LE Video Nasty Slipcase that housed our Anthropophagous and Absurd Blu-rays). These sets include:

The All The Colors Collection: All The Colors of the Dark and All The Colors of Giallo Blu-rays housed in a Limited Edition Slipcase. This Set is limited to 2000 copies.
The Mondo Weirdo Collection: Mondo Freudo/Mondo Bizarro and Ecco/The Forbidden Blu-rays housed in a Limited Edition Slipcase. This Set is limited to 1000 copies.
Skinner will be presented by itself but will include a LE Slipcover and will be limited to 2000 copies.

THE BUNDLES

We will be debuting THREE unique Bundles during our Black Friday Sale this weekend that caters to our New Releases.

The All The Colors Bundle [Limited to only 150]: This Bundle will include our All The Colors Collection, along with an All The Colors of the Dark inspired T-shirt and Sergio Martino/Edwige Fenech Enamel Pins. The price on this one is $79.99 with a retail value of $99.
All The Black Friday Releases of The Bundle: This Bundle will include all of our Blu-ray releases that are debuting during our Black Friday Sale. This includes All The Colors of The Dark, All The Colors of Giallo, Mondo Freudo/Mondo Bizarro, Ecco/The Forbidden, and Skinner. All of their LE Slipcases and Slipcover will be included. This Bundle will be offered until the first one of these releases sells out. The price of this one is $120 with a retail value of $135.
The Black Glove Friday Bundle [Limited to 250]: This mega bundle will include everything in the previously mentioned two bundles. In addition, this bundle will include EXCLUSIVE Giallo killer-inspired Black Leather gloves. The price of this bundle is $160 with a retail value of $190.
PLEASE NOTE: All of these releases/collector sets/bundles are PRE-ORDERS. They are currently being assembled by our distributor and should start shipping out between mid to late December. You are more than welcome to purchase as many items as you would like from our store, but if your order contains ANY of the above items, then nothing from your order will ship until ALL items are in hand at our shipping facility. If you want other items sooner, you will have to place SEPARATE orders.

THE NEW MERCH

On top of all of the Blu-ray Releases, we are delighted to debut several new Severin merchandise items, that includes new pins, new apparel, posters, and even a Christmas ornament [limited to 95]! We highly recommend you check out all of the new stuff. There’s something for EVERYONE!

IMPORTANT GUIDELINES/FAQ’s FOR CUSTOMERS

The Website

Keep in mind that there is a possibility of our website crashing due to the sheer amount of shoppers on the site at once. If the website does go down, rest assured that we are working behind the scenes to get it back up as soon as possible. All of you can help us with these issues by simply navigating away and checking back on the site at a later time. Continuously refreshing the site negatively impacts the site and makes it prone to crashing and more difficult to bring back up if it does crash. There should be plenty of product to go around for everyone to be able to shop comfortably throughout the rush of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday, so don’t feel like you have to race straight to the site and hit refresh a thousand times at 11:50 on Thanksgiving! We will take good care of all of you.

Shipping Process

While our Company has grown with great success, our team remains small and spread out across the country. We have a small group handling what could potentially be several thousands of orders. We ensure that MOST packages go out in boxes with adequate protection, which takes time. Our Shipping Facility also handles most customer service. We ask that you read these guidelines carefully as to avoid an influx of hundreds of emails asking the same questions daily while our team tries to package all orders.

With that, if we receive any emails or messages on social media with questions that are addressed on this form, we will guide you here. This process will help curb not only the number of incoming emails but also the email response time so we can focus on packaging the orders. Please refer to the FAQ’s below to find a potential question you may have regarding our Black Friday Sale.

SALE FAQ’s

Your site is down/I cannot log in. Why?

Like most websites of smaller companies, a large flow of heavy user traffic can slow the site down exponentially, or even crash it. If you are having difficulties getting in to our site, please be mindful that this a temporary problem that we will begin resolving immediately if it happens. Sending us dozens of emails, social media messages, or commenting under Facebook posts does not help us. Trust us, we will already be aware of it and working through the issues. Please do not sit on the site and continue to refresh it during a crash or extreme lagging. Just simply veer away from the site and come back at a later time.

I did not receive an order confirmation. Did my order go through?

We get this question often. Confirmations do get sent out to the provided emails on orders. Please ensure that your email is accurate and that you have checked all of your folders (spam, junk, promotions, etc). Another good indication is if you were charged by PayPal. Your order information will have an INVOICE ID that shows a 6-digit #, which is your order number. If you receive a PayPal confirmation, your order did go through.

What is the status of my order? When will I get my order?

We will begin packaging orders as soon as they start to trickle in on Friday morning. A tracking notification email will be sent to the provided email via our shipping Program, Shipstation, once your order is processed and shipped. Please ensure that your email is accurate and that you have checked all of your folders (spam, junk, promotions, etc.) to avoid emailing the contact person about this. If you haven’t received a tracking notification email yet, then simply put, we haven’t gotten to your order yet (or it has a pre-order in it).

Do you ship internationally and what about free shipping?

Yes, we ship all over the world during our big sales. Shipping rates are carefully calculated to factor in the USPS shipping rates, our handling fees, and supplies used. Our site also offers FREE economy shipping (Media Mail for US orders). For FREE economy shipping eligibility:

US residents must spend $100 and over.
Canadian residents must spend $150 and over. To our Canadian fans, we are aware of the current issues regarding your postal service. We ask that you carefully plan your orders around this issue as we will NOT be responsible for lost packages therefore NO refunds will be given.
Everywhere else must spend $200 and over. We will NOT be responsible for any lost packages during our sale. If your order is returned back to our facility, we will contact the provided email to inform you of the situation and you have to pay for re-shipment of your order.
Where is my order? Is my order lost? Can you do something about my traveling order?

Once a processed order leaves our facility, it’s out of our hands and we have ZERO control over what is happening to your package during the shipping process. It is your responsibility to take the tracking to your local Post Office and inquire with them about your delayed/potentially lost package. A helpful tool is to ask your PO to check the GPS coordinates of your package to see where it went. We will be happy to step in and resolve this issue once the tracking of your lost package has shown a week of inactivity.

I’d like to cancel my order. How do i do this?

Please email [email protected] with CANCEL MY ORDER in the subject line and he can address the email as soon as possible.

I received my order but there is a mistake. How can we fix this?

Did we put a wrong movie inside? Did we forget an item? Please email [email protected] with INCORRECT ORDER in the subject line and he can address the email as soon as possible.

I placed multiple orders during the sale. Can you combine them?

Yes, we can do this. Please email [email protected] with COMBINE ORDERS in the subject line and he can address the email immediately. If your order contains a Pre-order, it will be withheld until ALL stock is in hand at our facility.

I placed a large order but did not receive the FREE shipping. Why?

If you purchased items that are not eligible to receive the 50% off discount, they will complicate the Free Shipping algorithm on the site. If this is the case, please email [email protected] with FREE SHIPPING ERROR in the subject line and he will address the issue as soon as possible.

Are your Blu-rays/DVDs region free?

Most are, some aren’t. Each listing on the site will have Region Code information provided.

If I pre-order an item, will I be charged when it ships or upfront?

Upfront.

CONTACT

Hopefully we’ve answered all of the pertinent questions in this guideline. If there is something that we did NOT cover, you can contact [email protected] via email. Any questions regarding this sale will be directed to this form or to the above email. Emails sent to the CONTACT form on the site will NOT be answered. Emails sent to us with questions that have been addressed on this form will be linked to this. Thank you for helping us curb the large influx of emails sent during this sale. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy shopping!
Old 11-22-18, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The email I got had nothing but a graphic advertising the code and the sale's existence.
Old 11-22-18, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
The email I got had nothing but a graphic advertising the code and the sale's existence.
At the bottom of that email it says “View policy and guidelines here” and clicking that takes you to the page with everything posted above. It’s way too subtle, frankly. They’ve also been updating heavily on social media (I posted covers and details of the limited edition giallo sets over in the HD section here; they look phenomenal), as has Vinegar Syndrome. Both companies have exclusive new releases dropping tonight (though not discounted) but VS’s are still “technically” unknown (persistent rumours say Mortuary and The Children, but we’ll see.
Old 11-22-18, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Both Vinegar Syndrome and Severin live, btw.
Old 11-23-18, 08:51 AM

In for these from Severin:

The All The Colors Collection w/LE Slipcase [5-Disc Set; Limited to 2000] $60.00 USD
The Mondo Weirdo Collection w/LE Slipcase [2-Blu-ray Set; Limited to 1000] $50.00 USD
Total: $110 USD

(no discounts on those two, of course, but the rest were half off the prices shown)

The Devil's Rain [Blu-ray] $19.99 USD
Eaten Alive Feat. Limited Edition Slipcover [Blu-ray + CD Soundtrack] $28.99 USD
Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals [DVD] $17.99 USD
Violence in a Women's Prison [DVD] $17.99 USD
Beyond the Seventh Door [DVD] $14.99 USD
Murderlust [DVD] $14.99 USD
The Trail of Dracula [DVD] $10.99 USD
The Burning Moon [DVD] $13.99 USD
Things [DVD] $10.99 USD
The Cannibal Massacre Collection [3-DVD Box Set]
Item# SEV9175 $30.00 USD
Total: $90.46 USD

Switched a few of the non-Intervision titles from Blu to DVD since they often end up getting sold onward up here anyway.

Now to sort out my Vinegar Syndrome cart . . .
Old 11-23-18, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ronin Flix has started their sale

Old 11-23-18, 09:01 AM

I was looking at their site last night and I think previous sales might have been more generous?
Old 11-23-18, 10:26 AM

Powerhouse Indicator Black Friday Sale:

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...ns/sale?page=1

Nice prices on the Hammer/Harryhausen boxes. Not sure how they work out with shipping, but now I'm thinking of holding out until next year to see if the William Castle sets are included as well.
Old 11-23-18, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Powerhouse Indicator Black Friday Sale:

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...ns/sale?page=1

Nice prices on the Hammer/Harryhausen boxes. Not sure how they work out with shipping, but now I'm thinking of holding out until next year to see if the William Castle sets are included as well.
Man, £7.96 S/H for the 2 Hammer sets sounds steep but then real world shipping across the pond is indeed expensive. Decisions...

EDIT: I added the two Harryhausen sets to the order as well and shipping was free. Am guessing £100 in the cart gets you free shipping. Now its really tempting at $35 per set shipped, I may succumb

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 11-23-18 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-23-18, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Now its really tempting at $35 per set shipped, I may succumb
If I didn't already have them (and at higher prices than that!), I would definitely succumb. Still tempting just to have extras for when they finally do go out of print, but I must resist.
Old 11-23-18, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If I didn't already have them (and at higher prices than that!), I would definitely succumb. Still tempting just to have extras for when they finally do go out of print, but I must resist.
Am eyeing the Budd Boetticher/Randolph Scott set which is not on sale here, would have been great if that were included. Is there a chance this will go OOP ? They seem to have been around for some time now
Old 11-23-18, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Am eyeing the Budd Boetticher/Randolph Scott set which is not on sale here, would have been great if that were included. Is there a chance this will go OOP ? They seem to have been around for some time now
I'm sure the box sets will eventually go OOP as they're "technically" limited runs, but at 6000 sets each (in most cases, I think) they'll likely be around a while. I don't think any of their boxes are OOP yet, and surely the Boetticher set isn't that big a seller, despite its excellence. Might be worth waiting until next year's sales to see if it gets added.
Old 11-23-18, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Indicator box sets come out to about $40 shipped with the current conversion rate. That's $10-$13 per film for superior than TT region free renditions. If I didn't already own most of them, I'd be all over this deal.

I'm almost tempted by the one Harryhausen set, but Mysterious Island is the only film I "need". Sadly I'll have to pass on this.
Old 11-23-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure the box sets will eventually go OOP as they're "technically" limited runs, but at 6000 sets each (in most cases, I think) they'll likely be around a while. I don't think any of their boxes are OOP yet, and surely the Boetticher set isn't that big a seller, despite its excellence. Might be worth waiting until next year's sales to see if it gets added.
Doing just that and sitting this one out unless a couple of my big ticket ebay items sell..am playing this 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' routine here where both Peter and Paul are me
Old 11-23-18, 03:01 PM

I hear that!

- - - - - -

But for those who might be interested, Shout has a Black Friday sale with a (rather rare?) 40% off list, but no movies as far as I can tell:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282094
Old 11-23-18, 03:33 PM

Of course, having no willpower doesn't help the whole being-both-Peter-and-Paul thing :

From Vinegar Syndrome:

The Children Blu-ray (Slipcover) - $24.99
Mausoleum Blu-ray (Slipcover) - $24.99
Wonder Women Blu-ray (Slipcover) - $17.49
Game Show Models DVD - $9.99
The Doll Squad / Mission: Killfast Blu-ray - $12.49
Old 11-23-18, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was looking at their site last night and I think previous sales might have been more generous?
It looks to be about the same as previous years, with the only thing changing is the selected titles.

I really want to pick up those 2-Disc Editions of The Sect & The Church but the (maybe) 10% off isn't much, considering I'd have to pay tax & shipping.
Old 11-23-18, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Which Cutting Class slipcover is the most popular? I'm only getting one of them.
Old 11-23-18, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I got the one with the axe to the face.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.