Print Wikipost

EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-18, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Originally Posted by bowtie7
any idea when they will start shipping--i know they wait till they have received all the titles from the studios to start filling orders? anyone received a shipment yet?
I'm pretty sure they mailed at least one of my orders last night. Got a message from UPS Quantum that a package is on its way to me from Ontario that was started in LA.
Old 12-24-18, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
A few people already have shipment sent and received mostly in the Socal area. A few others have UPS shipment notices.
Yes, I received a UPS shipping notice late last week and my package was delivered on Saturday, Dec 22.

The package was from Precise Media Services located in Ontario, Ca. (Southern California). I live about 40 miles from their warehouse.

Interesting note: I made 2 orders, the 1st when the site went live and a small 2nd order about a week later. The package I received was the small 2nd order. Haven't heard a peep about the larger 1st order.
Old 12-24-18, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

I think it easier for them to get a complete order of 2-3 ready and send those out, rather than an order of 10-15. They do seem to ship as packages are completed and I swear the local area have gotten most of the confirmed shipment, but I haven't seen any evidence that that are jumping people in line for stock that is sold out.

The sold out items have in the past gone to the earliest orders regardless of when the rest of the package was ready to ship. Some of the people who got their shipments first, but ordered later were the one's who also got cancelled Oversold items. So far I've also not heard anyone having items cancelled yet this year.

I have 2 orders -- one 1st day, 2nd the next day when a ton of stuff came back in stock. Neither appear to have shipped, but I honestly when i heard the Sale Dates I wasn't expecting anything to ship until after Jan 1, so the fact some folks got theirs this week surprised me
Old 12-25-18, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

On December 21 I received an email thanking purchasers and the studios for making the sale possible. At the bottom was this:

SHIPMENT UPDATE:
We experienced a delay in the transfer of the orders to distribution. All orders are currently processed and being shipped except for those containing New Release product
from HBO. Those units are in transit to our warehouse
and will ship as soon as inventory arrives.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 12-26-18, 08:08 PM

One of my two orders has shipped as I received a UPS shipping notice from Precise Media this evening. Shipped UPS ground . Received by UPS December 26th at 11 PM in Ontario Ca. Expected arrival Friday January 4th. I am in the east.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-28-18 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-27-18, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine finally shipped, says it’s 6.5 lbs
Old 12-28-18, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Received two of my 4 orders yesterday.Both the smallest of the four,about 6 and 14 movies each.
No communication,UPS did send tracking info.The two other order left are 15+ movies,cds each.

Did get the Vampire diaries.I guess now it is waiting game for the other orders.
Not sure if I should post what I received. Really wanted Dexter,Billy Jack and one other.
But really happy that I even got some great movies and shows.

first two orders were day one about 6 hours after the sale started.

Added:
Kind of surprised third order received today.I did placed all my orders on the first two days of sale.
Had to make multiple orders because the site was so slow.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 12-28-18 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-28-18, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films

SHIPMENT UPDATE:
....except for those containing New Release product from HBO.
I received the 1st order yesterday, Dec 27th. This order was the 1st order I placed when the sale went live and it did include new release product from HBO. (Shame on you HBO for not getting your donations to the warehouse sooner!)
Old 12-31-18, 04:11 PM

Checking their website for order status using order number and last name, my second order placed December 7 is still listed as downloaded. First order, placed December 6 is in transit and still listed as expected to be delivered on Friday 1/4. At least I know for sure which order I am receiving.
Old 01-01-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I think I received my orders around the first week in January a few years back.
Old 01-01-19, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I think I received my orders around the first week in January a few years back.
I'm assuming that was with the November sales. I can't remember getting any of my orders later than mid December, but I usually don't even look for them until 4-5 weeks after I order.

Day 1 and Day 2 orders still in Downloaded state
Old 01-01-19, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah, I remember the download status, too. I think I received mine when it still displayed downloaded. I know my post is around here somewhere about it. If it's "downloaded", it's coming.
Old 01-02-19, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm still irritated that I was unable to log in at all; which is kind of silly as there was nothing at all I was going to be really excited about! I originally had 8 picked out solely based on pricing.
Old 01-03-19, 09:47 AM

My second order has shipped. Due on Tuesday. So both orders in transit. Again you need to check their website with order number and last name. I did receive an email from UPS that order shipped but nothing from Entertainment AIDS Alliance.
Old 01-03-19, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got two shipment mails last night for my 2 orders yesterday from UPS, but it was at the email address used for the EAA order and not my regular UPS My Choice email so sort of the dispatch email is being generated through EAA via UPS.

The Order Status page also shows the tracking number and a summary of my orders and no longer just says downloaded -- no cancellations which is a bit shocking.
Old 01-05-19, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Received my last order yesterday.Only could add one free movie to my first order.On the other orders they let me pick out a freebie,but it did not show up on final check out.Site was so slow,I just said fuck it,as a few of my movies went OOS during trying to check out.

Everything looks good,but I'm going to double check my order latter.Some reports on another site of receiving the wrong tv set or movie.
And Vampire Diaries missing disc 4 of season 5.Have not check my set yet.

Surprise nothing was canceled,Strange how they shipped the small orders first and to the customers on the west coast seem to get there orders filled first.

Last edited by JoeySeven; 01-05-19 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-05-19, 07:59 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Got my UPS shipping notification.

When I ordered, it never added the free item to the cart even though I selected it. I know this happened to others as well. Did anyone 1. email them about it to add it to the order and get a response 2. recieve the order and have the item included?
Old 01-05-19, 03:09 PM

I received my first order. It did not contain the free item. My second order was not large enough for a free item. Second order due Tuesday per tracking. Weight on second order per UPS shipping, seems light for number of items ordered. Will see if it arrives complete.
Old 01-07-19, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Mine arrived on Friday and I'm pretty impressed. Half the items had slipcovers (including the Disney ones which is a big deal to me) and everything looked well pack and in good shape. Will do this again next year.
Old 01-08-19, 04:24 PM

Got my second order. "Gods of Egypt" included the 3D version of the film which wasn't mentioned on the website. Gods of Egypt (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Old 01-11-19, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Received my order today. My freebie wasn't included, but what really surprised me is that my copy of Jeff Beck - Live at the Hollywood Bowl was DVD/2CD instead of BD/2CD that was indicated on the site!
Old 01-11-19, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Received my order today. My freebie wasn't included, but what really surprised me is that my copy of Jeff Beck - Live at the Hollywood Bowl was DVD/2CD instead of BD/2CD that was indicated on the site!
That title was on my list, but I was having such a hard time adding titles, it got left off in my rushing about.
Old 01-11-19, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There were a couple of items which said DVD and showed picture of the Bluray -- the one I ordered turned to be a DVD which was as it was listed (and only $1) so no big deal and I kind of suspected it would be the DVD version
anyway. It looks like the Beck was listed and showed a picture of the Bluray so that's a different animal -- not sure if it's worth (attempt) contacting them or not and see if they can fix it
Old 01-11-19, 04:29 PM

My order came in 1 box today. I live in a northern suburb of milwaukee. No mistakes that i can see, and well packed in a long box(i got 19 blu’s and 2 dvds).
Old 01-11-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Reindeer
My order came in 1 box today. I live in a northern suburb of milwaukee. No mistakes that i can see, and well packed in a long box(i got 19 blu’s and 2 dvds).
Did the outside of your box advertise this?
Spoiler:
"MIXED ASSORTMENT OF DVD TITLES IN BOX"

Yikes!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.