Wilki was borrowed fron B&N thread for some reason
Print Wikipost

EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Old 11-17-16, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Originally Posted by BadNewsBeards
Would you be kind enough to share that list? I only recently got back into collecting so I don't have many titles.
Sorry...just now saw your post.

Just going to scattergun the list I made; haven't compared them to actual prices at other places but think they stack up fairly well (either matching or lower than most):

Blu-rays: War & Peace, Iron Giant, Taxi Driver, True Detective, Roots, Penny Dreadful 3, Outlander 2, Mr. Deeds, Dexter s. 6, Fargo 2, Downton Abbey (complete), Homeland 3, The Knick 1, Lost in Space complete (evidently sold out), Empire s. 1, Ender's Game, Jubal, Poldark 2, Ash v. Evil Dead 1, Am Horror Story Freak Show.

DVDs: Mom's Night Out, Christmas Story 2, Community 5, Girl on Train, Fresh Off Boat 1, I Claudius, Le Beau Serge, Six Million Dollar Man (complete), Twilight Zone (complete), Doris Day collection, Shirley Temple v. 1 & 2, Red Road 2, Perry Mason complete, MST XXXI, Lovejoy complete, Mission Impossible complete.

Not saying I plan to buy all these, and last year's prices seemed much better. And many of these will be as cheap or cheaper during Black Friday, in all likelihood. But the prices on the above aren't bad (apologies for not including prices). Hope this helps a little.

Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. Galatians 3:21
Old 11-17-16, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Just going to scattergun the list I made; haven't compared them to actual prices at other places but think they stack up fairly well (either matching or lower than most)
Hard to beat those prices on the Shout TV box sets too like The Jeffersons, Maude, All In The Family, The Nanny and Facts of Life unless you want to buy bootlegs on Ebay.
Old 11-17-16, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Blu-Ray.com finally caught on, after a year

Old 11-17-16, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

That explains the more profitable titles selling out which will be on eBay shortly.

Too bad Boardwalk Empire seasons weren't cheaper. $15 for each season isn't bad, but I would have expected $10 or even $8 as I am sure Best Buy will be having a sale on them for around that price and so will Amazon.
Old 11-18-16, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Sold Out

The complete TV series DVDS for The Twilight Zone, Maude, The Jeffersons. Mission Impossible, and Brady Bunch Kids
Also blu rays for Lost In Space and Downton Abby

Bogart Collection 4 film set
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection
Fast and Furious 6 film set and Fast and Furious 7
Star Trek Next Generation 4 film set
American Horror Story: Coven
Mad Men Final Season Part 2
Several single movie sets including Carrie.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-18-16 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-18-16, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Sold Out

The complete TV series DVDS for The Twilight Zone, Maude, and The Jeffersons
Also blu rays for Lost In Space and Downton Abby
I knew Jeffersons and Maude would sellout fast. $55 for 11 seasons of Jeffersons was an awesome deal. Glad I placed my order as soon as it went live.
Old 11-21-16, 03:15 PM

My order status has gone from downloading to being processed. I guess it is moving along.
Old 11-22-16, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could check my order status. I never got the order confirmation email (although my credit card was charged).
Old 11-23-16, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Received a shipping notification for my order the other day.
Old 11-23-16, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bobaray
Wish I could check my order status. I never got the order confirmation email (although my credit card was charged).
Same here. I sent them an email
I placed an order but didn't get an email confirmation with order number and it showed an error page when I hit submit for it. I do see a pending charge on credit card from ENTERTAINMENT AIDS ALL for $248.50. Just seeing if it went through.

I first got this automated responses:
Thank you for contacting customer service. Please make sure you include your order number and last name.

Thank you for supporting EAA!
[email protected]

Then finally got this response: Hi James,
The glitch really delayed my response.
I have one order in the system for you. #2*****
Very sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for supporting EAA.
Old 11-23-16, 12:17 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Received my shipping notice yesterday, then hours later an invitation to the sale with my (same) password.
Old 11-23-16, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah, I got the same. Weird.
Old 11-23-16, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
Whew. I received my order today and everything was present and in good shape. One loose Blu Ray, but no scratches. I placed my order on the first day of the sale.
Old 11-29-16, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EAA
Thanks so much for your recent EAA order! Due to the overwhelming response, we quickly sold out of a number of items and unfortunately went into an oversold situation. If you ordered one or more of the items listed below, we regret to inform you that it is no longer available. We will be processing refunds as quickly as possible. Please allow us 7-10 business days to get this done. The good news is your order will be shipping soon!!!

Item Name
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Carrie
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
Little Rascals: Classic & Hidden Episodes
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey - The Complete Collection (21-disc set)
Maude: The Complete Series (19-Disc Set)
Mr. Deeds Goes To Town 80th Anniversary Edition-Blu-ray
Peter Pan
Scorpion: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray + Digital HD)
Star Trek Beyond
Tales from the Darkside Complete Series
The Facts Of Life: The Complete Series (27-Disc Set)
The Goonies: 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition
The Jefferson's: The Complete Series (33-Disc Set)
The Twilight Zone: Complete Series
I only had Carrie and Invasion of the Body Snatchers on mine, but I bought some extra titles to save on average shipping per item and get the freebie. I e-mailed them back and told them to cancel my whole order. Most everything else I ordered I could have found cheaper during the BF / Cyber Monday deals.
Old 11-29-16, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Numes
I only had Carrie and Invasion of the Body Snatchers on mine, but I bought some extra titles to save on average shipping per item and get the freebie. I e-mailed them back and told them to cancel my whole order. Most everything else I ordered I could have found cheaper during the BF / Cyber Monday deals.
Yeah, I'm not too happy about it either. I'm losing several of the items I wanted the most. And others I could have bought for cheaper elsewhere. They sure took their sweet time sending this email out. Before Thanksgiving would have been much better... I'm tempted to cancel my entire order as well...
Old 11-29-16, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks about the oversells. I was thrilled when my order showed up and Body Snatchers, Carrie and The Transformers all had perfect slipcovers. Those were great prices for those titles.

Given the upcharge for S&H handling I too would be cancelling the whole order if they cancelled some of the titles on me.
Old 11-29-16, 10:58 PM

My order included Carrie and Mr. Deeds and I ordered soon after the sale went live. I have sent an e-mail with my order number requesting the rest of my order be cancelled and money refunded. I will see what happens. I had ordered the maximum number of items for the price charged for shipping so I would not get any shipping cost refunded if they ship the rest of my order. Funny that Mr Deeds still shows it is available to order on their website when I checked this evening.

I got the following automated response:

Thank you for contacting customer service. This is an automatic reply.
The 2016 annual EAA sale closes Tuesday December 13th at 11:59pm, PT.

If you haven't received your password, please use: eaashop

Please note the following:

** Customer Service cannot tell you when your order will ship. There may be some titles on back order or some that have street dates at a later time. Orders are held until all inventory is available so they ship complete. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when you place your order and again when it ships. You can also check your order status on line at www.entertainmentAidsalliance.net, click on order status and enter your order number and last name.

** Customer Service cannot change items ordered or add items once the order has been submitted. If you'd like to order additional items, you'll need to place another order (processing fees apply).

If you need to contact customer service, please make sure you include your order number and last name in your e-mail. Please note: Customer service is managed by a very small volunteer group. Please be assured that your e-mail will be received and every attempt will be made to respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you for supporting EAA!

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-29-16 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-29-16, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I placed my order 30 minutes after the sale started so if they ran out of mine I don't think they had it or only had 1 copy to begin with. Here's the 3 I'm worried about:
Maude: The Complete Series, The Facts Of Life: The Complete Series, and The Jefferson's: The Complete Series.
Hopefully that was an automated email that went out to all customers. I guess I'll wait and see but I'm not real happy right now as I too wouldn't have ordered but most the other stuff was fillers. Anyone get that email who ordered stuff listed that you actually got?
Old 11-30-16, 06:00 PM

I got an e-mail that per my request they cancelled my order and refunded my money.
Old 12-02-16, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I got an e-mail that per my request they cancelled my order and refunded my money.
I emailed them on 11/29, asking them to cancel one title, since it would be late for a birthday. No response. Today I got a shipping notice. Looks like I'm getting Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Of course, last night I bought IOTBS at Target for $15.56. I can still return it, of course. Just bad timing...

I think the only title they canceled from mine is Scorpion S1. I'm not terribly upset about that one. It's not a show I need to own. I just ordered it cuz it was cheap... Now I'm not obligated to buy S2, etc. so in a way, they helped me out!
Old 12-05-16, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I never got a response from my cancellation request and sure enough, I got a shipping notice last week. Surprise, Carrie and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were shipped. lol. The Hateful Eight was cancelled however. I wasn't going to make a big deal about it though.

Today I get an e-mail saying that while they were unable to cancel my order, they were going to refund my shipping ($12.50). So...I consider that a win! These still aren't *amazing* deals by any stretch, but it makes it a little more palatable.
Old 12-07-16, 12:26 AM

I ordered items the first day of the sale, and I did receive a confirmation email. However, I've never received the items. I've emailed them about it, but I've had no response. My order status says "downloaded."
Old 12-07-16, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I never got a response from my cancellation request and sure enough, I got a shipping notice last week. Surprise, Carrie and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were shipped. lol. The Hateful Eight was cancelled however. I wasn't going to make a big deal about it though.

Today I get an e-mail saying that while they were unable to cancel my order, they were going to refund my shipping ($12.50). So...I consider that a win! These still aren't *amazing* deals by any stretch, but it makes it a little more palatable.
A similar thing happened to be, but I beat ya by 50 cents! I emailed them on 12/1, asking them to cancel one item from my order since I wanted it for a friend's birthday the next day. On 12/2 my order shipped, so I figured, oh well, too late. On 12/5, they emailed me, saying my order had already shipped, but they credited me $13 for the item I wanted to cancel. I basically consider that free shipping. I'm satisfied. They may have been slow as hell to ship, but their customer service is decent. My order just arrived today.
Old 11-15-17, 06:56 PM

The sale for this year goes live tonight at 12:01 am PST. I've been looking around the usual places for an applicable password for this year though haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know one? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-15-17, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantasmagoric
The sale for this year goes live tonight at 12:01 am PST. I've been looking around the usual places for an applicable password for this year though haven't come up with anything. Does anyone know one? Thanks in advance!
Hope they have better deals this year.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.