DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/629686-eaa-charity-sale-deals-shout-factory-warner-criterion-others.html)

JoeySeven 01-05-19 03:06 AM

Re: EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Received my last order yesterday.Only could add one free movie to my first order.On the other orders they let me pick out a freebie,but it did not show up on final check out.Site was so slow,I just said fuck it,as a few of my movies went OOS during trying to check out.

Everything looks good,but I'm going to double check my order latter.Some reports on another site of receiving the wrong tv set or movie.
And Vampire Diaries missing disc 4 of season 5.Have not check my set yet.

Surprise nothing was canceled,Strange how they shipped the small orders first and to the customers on the west coast seem to get there orders filled first.

dex14 01-05-19 07:59 AM

Got my UPS shipping notification.

When I ordered, it never added the free item to the cart even though I selected it. I know this happened to others as well. Did anyone 1. email them about it to add it to the order and get a response 2. recieve the order and have the item included?

Classic Films 01-05-19 03:09 PM

I received my first order. It did not contain the free item. My second order was not large enough for a free item. Second order due Tuesday per tracking. Weight on second order per UPS shipping, seems light for number of items ordered. Will see if it arrives complete.

DVD Josh 01-07-19 10:39 AM

Mine arrived on Friday and I'm pretty impressed. Half the items had slipcovers (including the Disney ones which is a big deal to me) and everything looked well pack and in good shape. Will do this again next year.

Classic Films 01-08-19 04:24 PM

Got my second order. "Gods of Egypt" included the 3D version of the film which wasn't mentioned on the website. Gods of Egypt (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)

bacigalup 01-11-19 02:16 PM

Received my order today. My freebie wasn't included, but what really surprised me is that my copy of Jeff Beck - Live at the Hollywood Bowl was DVD/2CD instead of BD/2CD that was indicated on the site! :(

WillieMLF 01-11-19 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by bacigalup (Post 13478475)
Received my order today. My freebie wasn't included, but what really surprised me is that my copy of Jeff Beck - Live at the Hollywood Bowl was DVD/2CD instead of BD/2CD that was indicated on the site! :(

That title was on my list, but I was having such a hard time adding titles, it got left off in my rushing about.

hariseldon 01-11-19 02:36 PM

There were a couple of items which said DVD and showed picture of the Bluray -- the one I ordered turned to be a DVD which was as it was listed (and only $1) so no big deal and I kind of suspected it would be the DVD version
anyway. It looks like the Beck was listed and showed a picture of the Bluray so that's a different animal -- not sure if it's worth (attempt) contacting them or not and see if they can fix it

Mr. Reindeer 01-11-19 04:29 PM

My order came in 1 box today. I live in a northern suburb of milwaukee. No mistakes that i can see, and well packed in a long box(i got 19 blu’s and 2 dvds).

bacigalup 01-11-19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Reindeer (Post 13478582)
My order came in 1 box today. I live in a northern suburb of milwaukee. No mistakes that i can see, and well packed in a long box(i got 19 blu’s and 2 dvds).

Did the outside of your box advertise this?
Spoiler:
"MIXED ASSORTMENT OF DVD TITLES IN BOX"

Yikes!!

Mr. Reindeer 01-14-19 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by bacigalup (Post 13478633)
Did the outside of your box advertise this?
Spoiler:
"MIXED ASSORTMENT OF DVD TITLES IN BOX"

Yikes!!

Ha, ha. Yes it did. I don't recall that on previous years boxes, its year 3 for me. At least that sticker on my box was low and on a narrow side, so not super obvious.

Classic Films 11-06-19 01:00 PM

Just thought I bump up thread in case the have they sale again this year. The website is still up with last year's titles which is the way it was last year until shortly before the sale started. Last year did seem like a close out of the event with many $1 and $2 titles. Sales didn't start last year until December 6th.

MooMooMooMoo 12-09-19 09:02 PM

Interesting. There is a title list, but it's half sold out (last year's??)

Also, last year's password is not working for me, & my browser says the site's security certficate expired in October.

hariseldon 12-09-19 10:21 PM

Everything I'm seeing is last years discs that didn't sell out

MooMooMooMoo 12-09-19 11:20 PM

The only thing that definitely seems updated is it does state copyright 2019 & it won't take last year's password. Surprised the site's still up if the program is done. Most of us only pay for 1 year's hosting in advance.

DVD Josh 12-10-19 03:22 PM

From BR.com's Kellz:

"Thank you for reaching out. 2019 has been a big year for us as we regroup and consolidate our resources for 2020. We will not be doing a media sale this year as we are currently working to establish new and improved ways to drive funding for future initiatives. As consumer trends evolve, we too must evolve. We will be sure to reach out to you and other supporters beginning of next year to update you with our progress. Thank you for understanding and for your continued support of EAA."

MooMooMooMoo 12-10-19 10:07 PM

Thanks for posting!

DVD Josh 12-11-19 07:57 AM

I think given the language of the e-mail and the rise of digital this sale is probably dead in the future as well.

DVD Polizei 12-11-19 11:11 AM

"Thank you for reaching out. 2019 has been a big year for us as we regroup and consolidate our resources for 2020.
Translation:

Fuck-you all and we're using our money for ourselves. Have a GREAT day!

We will be sure to reach out to you and other supporters beginning of next year to update you with our progress.
Translation:

Don't email us. We'll email you. If you do email us, you're going to get an auto-response because we're taking vacations with money we could have used for better purposes. Have a GREAT day!

dex14 12-11-19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 13653783)
Translation:
Fuck-you all and we're using our money for ourselves. Have a GREAT day!

Uh... yea... it's charity sale...

WillieMLF 12-11-19 11:55 AM

Kind of strange. I would have thought that this sale generated a good bit of revenue. I guess not

DVD Josh 12-11-19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13653799)
Uh... yea... it's charity sale...

Yeah, that was a bizarre post for DVDP.

PhantomStranger 12-11-19 03:30 PM

I'm guessing the various labels located in California have less leftover inventory to write off as a tax deduction. That probably endangered the sale more than anything else.