DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   $10 Credit from Criterion.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/628851-%2410-credit-criterion-com.html)

JoeySeven 09-28-15 02:21 PM

$10 Credit from Criterion.com

From Criterion as a thank you for them hitting 300k likes on Facebook. Sign in to your Criterion.com account and they'll give you a $10 credit.
Thanks to dex14 at bluray....

https://www.criterion.com/

Just sign in to Criterion.com using your Facebook account on this page by noon EDT tomorrow, and we'll drop a $10 gift credit into your account. Thank you, film lovers!

If you’ve already linked your Facebook profile, your $10 will be in your Criterion.com account shortly. It’s yours to use on posters, T-shirts, tote bags—or, of course, Blu-rays and DVDs!

Or you can save it for our next flash sale . . .

Decker 09-28-15 02:41 PM

Re: $10 Credit from Criterion.com

Looks like the site's getting hammered right now.

The Cow 09-28-15 03:05 PM

Yep, haven't been able to get it to go through yet.

Edit: the credit showed up. :up:

DVD Polizei 09-28-15 04:44 PM

How about a 60% OFF sale.

Why even use Facebo--oh wait, nevermind.

MooMooMooMoo 09-28-15 04:53 PM

How about those of us who find Farcebook offensive?

Trevor 09-28-15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 12601178)

That's just silly, but, just set up a fake account for all these sort of freebies. I get free games and free meals all the time because of Facebook.

hdnmickey 09-28-15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo (Post 12601178)

Then you miss out on what is obviously just their way of increasing their online social network base.

Bring on the next big sale. Want Moonrise Kingdom for sure, maybe more.

Hazel Motes 09-28-15 10:54 PM

tried to find something to use this on but nothing works out to be cheaper or as cheap as the B&N sale.

Shagrath 09-29-15 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12601536)
Not yet, but wait for the Flash sale. Odds are it will be in the next 10 days with Oct 6 being the betting favorite with outside chances of Tues 29th, Thursday 10/1 or 10/8. Usually the sales seem to go live around Noon Eastern time.

If it will allow 3 for 49.95 with Free Shipping that wouldn't be bad though still not quite Criterion level prices. I just don't know when the $50 FS decision is made.

3 for $50 still ends up being a little more expensive (for me at least) than B&N. If I use a 15% off coupon (thanks to you), I can get them for $16.29 after tax. I was thinking about ordering some during that flash sale, but I think I'll hold off for November. Maybe that 30% off Black Friday coupon will hit again.

wahlers 09-29-15 05:58 AM

I used my credit towards getting a plastic replacement case & insert for Bottle Rocket to replace the original cardboard packaging. After the credit it only cost me 95 cents. :)

dex14 09-29-15 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath (Post 12601636)
3 for $50 still ends up being a little more expensive (for me at least) than B&N. If I use a 15% off coupon (thanks to you), I can get them for $16.29 after tax. I was thinking about ordering some during that flash sale, but I think I'll hold off for November. Maybe that 30% off Black Friday coupon will hit again.

It's true that they will always be cheaper at B&N's sale with coupons. But sometimes it's nice to shop directly with Criterion to cut out the middle man and support them directly. You also contribute to getting a $50 credit back for $500 spent with them. I usually pick up 3 or 4 during their Flash sales. I will probably get Dressed to Kill, Moonrise Kingdom, and The Brood (if included in sale, most likely will be).

Shagrath 09-29-15 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by wahlers (Post 12601646)
I used my credit towards getting a plastic replacement case & insert for Bottle Rocket to replace the original cardboard packaging. After the credit it only cost me 95 cents. :)

Now that's an idea on how to spend my money and get something I can't find at B&N. Thanks for the tip!

hdnmickey 09-29-15 11:40 AM

Personally I'm good with 3 for $50. As a non-BN member, that's pretty much what I end up spending anyway. And definitely less than Costco's default $19.99 each.

clckworang 09-29-15 11:52 AM

I heard about this yesterday and completely forgot. I'm so happy I happened to see this thread! I'm game for the next flash sale.