DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/625738-batman-complete-television-series-region-free-blu-ray-amazon.html)

du_Garbandier 03-15-15 08:16 AM

Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it

Amazon Italy has Batman: The Complete Television Series for EUR 57,56 after shipping. I can't post links yet but go to Amazon.it and search for the SKU, which is B00PGTOAO2.

This comes out to $62.82 at the current rates, if you use the Amazon Currency Converter. Should be region-free as well. Currently a 10-12 day wait for shipping.

Use Chrome for easy translation to English.

PhantomStranger 03-15-15 01:03 PM

Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

http://www.amazon.it/Batman-Serie-Co.../dp/B00PGTOAO2

The set is region-free and the discs are identical to the American BDs. There is no included digital copy.

Steve 03-15-15 02:36 PM

Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

I don't see the sign for the Euro, but the sign for the pound? That yields a different number.
these currency signs really confuse me.

du_Garbandier 03-15-15 03:00 PM

If you're using Chrome for translation, it does translate "EUR 53,37" to "£ 53.37" for some reason. I just ignore it.

Why So Blu? 03-15-15 04:28 PM

Folk should order that IT set. $62 shipped is a phenomenal deal.

SkullOrchard 03-15-15 05:16 PM

Are these the corrected discs?

master69 04-06-15 11:54 AM

Set arrived. Everything is Bat-tastic! Great deal. Thanks OP.

Navinabob 04-06-15 11:59 AM

How are the menus? Are they in English, or easy to navigate if they are not?

Doug Schiller 04-06-15 03:24 PM

I received my Italian set last week also.
Except for a couple of blurbs on the outside of the package, you would be hard pressed to tell this thing wasn't all English.
All the menus are in english. They are very bare, like select episode, then the name.
Looks like an authoring rush job.
Still, I am ecstatic that I was able to get this set without paying the exorbitant amount they are asking.
It would have been nice to have the UV copies but at more then 1/2 price, I can't complain.

About the set itself, I think they left a lot on the table.
There should be episode commentaries, or at least text pop up trivia by some enthusiasts.
Compare this to what you got on the Star Trek TOS blu-rays.

Spiderbite 04-06-15 04:01 PM

^Thanks for the review. I may have to pick this up though for some reason I hate buying out of my region. I have no idea why. I was quite happy with my Superman Anthology set that I got the other day from England which was dirt cheap.

Want to post any pix?

DVD Polizei 04-06-15 08:04 PM

Currently at ~48 Euros. Buying anything in Euros right now...is a sweet thing.

Spiderbite 04-06-15 11:13 PM

Is this set missing anything that the regular US set has (except the toy car)?

bellevuecoug 04-13-15 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Schiller (Post 12444040)
About the set itself, I think they left a lot on the table.
There should be episode commentaries, or at least text pop up trivia by some enthusiasts.
Compare this to what you got on the Star Trek TOS blu-rays.

So you are saying it is missing some supplements versus the US release?

Why So Blu? 04-13-15 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug (Post 12450091)

I think he means in general.

PhantomStranger 04-13-15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug (Post 12450091)

He is saying Warner was lazy and didn't do enough for this set in the first place. Speaking as a life-long fan of Adam West's Batman, they could have done more. The special features would have been more extensive if the set had been released ten years ago, when studios were rolling in home video sales and spent money to create in-depth supplements.

Lecithin 06-15-15 03:08 PM

I finally had a look at this (now that the "limited edition" set with the extras on Amazon is finally out of stock and the prices going up from secondary sellers) and the current price is even better at:

(Total amount: EUR 50.52)
Total payment: USD $58.93

Spiderbite 06-15-15 05:51 PM

I went ahead and bit due to the reviews here. It is currently $54.26 shipped.

PhantomStranger 06-15-15 08:33 PM

The Italian set already has the corrected BDs, a hidden bonus.

CurtisRob 07-14-15 03:28 AM

$57.42 with shipping as of today. :)

PensFan66 07-22-15 01:02 AM

Yeah. Keep watching as the prices fluctuates every few days it seems.

I was able to get it for $54 and change.

DEC29111 08-11-15 11:03 PM

Kind of off topic..does anybody know of a source for "English" replacement case/cover art for this 'Italian' release?

I ordered my copy from an Amazon reseller.. I may of not got the great discount others may of gotten, but did not have to worry about not getting it from overseas shipping.

DEC29111 08-13-15 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12559817)
I'm sure there may be some Custom Covers available, but unless something has changed since the last deliveries were reported you don't need anything since there is nothing to replace -- there really isn't anything Italian on the set other than the removeable back cover page. Underneath the page in the usual BAM POW cover. Inside the package everything is the same of the English set. The only difference is that some of the sets come with Amaray cases and the early set I think has the Digipacks. Even the Episode Guide is in English.

The picture on the site of the back cover is a mockup and not the actual cover. I think there is a YouTube unboxing video somewhere showing this set.

Thanks for the info.. I will find out on Thur as it is on a UPS truck headed my way as I type.
I know that I have purchased region free movies from other countries both due to cost and availability in the past. Some came with bilingual covers or even Menus.. I have one HD-DVD that has an english sound track but everything else is in the country of origin. But the onscreen menu was easy to figure out as it used symbols (aka: Hexagon Stop Sign) and not text.

PhantomStranger 08-13-15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12561268)
The Batman set is no longer under the list of eligible titles

Resellers I suspect have been abusing Amazon Italy's sales promotion for this set. There are a lot of listings for it on eBay at inflated pricing.

DEC29111 08-14-15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12559817)
....The only difference is that some of the sets come with Amaray cases and the early set I think has the Digipacks. Even the Episode Guide is in English.

The picture on the site of the back cover is a mockup and not the actual cover. I think there is a YouTube unboxing video somewhere showing this set.

The set that I received was the Digipack and as you described being in english packaging, have not loaded a disc yet as the disc's do have the European movie rating systems marked on them but other wise the copyright was in english.

I would still like to find a good clean scan of the American/English back splash cover.

I may of paid a few dollars more than waiting for the import direct from overseas.. it was still less than $3 per-disc.

DEC29111 08-14-15 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12561790)
I guess I'm misunderstanding or not sure of which scan/picture you need and I can look around.

Something like this (I realize that's probably not high enough res to print)? Or were you wanting a picture of a different part

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks that is just what I was looking for.. printed at 300dpi that image will be great!