Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) at Amazon.it

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davidh777
So far this year (Recap)..

Pat Harrington (Payed the Super on 'On Day at a Time')
Richard Libertini (Comedic actor in 'The In-Laws', 'All of Me', etc..)
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Boutros Boutros-Ghali (Former U.N. Secretary-General)
Tom Mullica (Comedy Magician)
Sylvia Anderson (Co-Creator of 'The Thunderbirds')
Joe Santos (Actor on 'The Rockford Files')
Garry Shandling (Comedian)
Willie Williams (Ex Los Angeles and Philadelphia police chief)
Phillip Kives (K-Tel Founder)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-15, 08:16 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon Italy has Batman: The Complete Television Series for EUR 57,56 after shipping. I can't post links yet but go to Amazon.it and search for the SKU, which is B00PGTOAO2.

This comes out to $62.82 at the current rates, if you use the Amazon Currency Converter. Should be region-free as well. Currently a 10-12 day wait for shipping.

Use Chrome for easy translation to English.
Old 03-15-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts
Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

http://www.amazon.it/Batman-Serie-Co.../dp/B00PGTOAO2

The set is region-free and the discs are identical to the American BDs. There is no included digital copy.
Old 03-15-15, 02:36 PM

Re: Batman: The Complete Television Series (Region Free Blu-ray) - $62.82 at Amazon.i

I don't see the sign for the Euro, but the sign for the pound? That yields a different number.
these currency signs really confuse me.
Old 03-15-15, 03:00 PM
Cool New Member

If you're using Chrome for translation, it does translate "EUR 53,37" to "£ 53.37" for some reason. I just ignore it.
Old 03-15-15, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Folk should order that IT set. $62 shipped is a phenomenal deal.
Old 03-15-15, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are these the corrected discs?
Old 04-06-15, 11:54 AM

Set arrived. Everything is Bat-tastic! Great deal. Thanks OP.
Old 04-06-15, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How are the menus? Are they in English, or easy to navigate if they are not?
Old 04-06-15, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my Italian set last week also.
Except for a couple of blurbs on the outside of the package, you would be hard pressed to tell this thing wasn't all English.
All the menus are in english. They are very bare, like select episode, then the name.
Looks like an authoring rush job.
Still, I am ecstatic that I was able to get this set without paying the exorbitant amount they are asking.
It would have been nice to have the UV copies but at more then 1/2 price, I can't complain.

About the set itself, I think they left a lot on the table.
There should be episode commentaries, or at least text pop up trivia by some enthusiasts.
Compare this to what you got on the Star Trek TOS blu-rays.
Old 04-06-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

^Thanks for the review. I may have to pick this up though for some reason I hate buying out of my region. I have no idea why. I was quite happy with my Superman Anthology set that I got the other day from England which was dirt cheap.

Want to post any pix?
Old 04-06-15, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Currently at ~48 Euros. Buying anything in Euros right now...is a sweet thing.
Old 04-06-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is this set missing anything that the regular US set has (except the toy car)?
Old 04-13-15, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Doug Schiller
About the set itself, I think they left a lot on the table.
There should be episode commentaries, or at least text pop up trivia by some enthusiasts.
Compare this to what you got on the Star Trek TOS blu-rays.
So you are saying it is missing some supplements versus the US release?
Old 04-13-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
I think he means in general.
Old 04-13-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
He is saying Warner was lazy and didn't do enough for this set in the first place. Speaking as a life-long fan of Adam West's Batman, they could have done more. The special features would have been more extensive if the set had been released ten years ago, when studios were rolling in home video sales and spent money to create in-depth supplements.
Old 06-15-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally had a look at this (now that the "limited edition" set with the extras on Amazon is finally out of stock and the prices going up from secondary sellers) and the current price is even better at:

(Total amount: EUR 50.52)
Total payment: USD $58.93
Old 06-15-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went ahead and bit due to the reviews here. It is currently $54.26 shipped.
Old 06-15-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Italian set already has the corrected BDs, a hidden bonus.
Old 07-14-15, 03:28 AM

$57.42 with shipping as of today.
Old 07-22-15, 01:02 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah. Keep watching as the prices fluctuates every few days it seems.

I was able to get it for $54 and change.
Old 08-11-15, 11:03 PM

Kind of off topic..does anybody know of a source for "English" replacement case/cover art for this 'Italian' release?

I ordered my copy from an Amazon reseller.. I may of not got the great discount others may of gotten, but did not have to worry about not getting it from overseas shipping.
Old 08-13-15, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm sure there may be some Custom Covers available, but unless something has changed since the last deliveries were reported you don't need anything since there is nothing to replace -- there really isn't anything Italian on the set other than the removeable back cover page. Underneath the page in the usual BAM POW cover. Inside the package everything is the same of the English set. The only difference is that some of the sets come with Amaray cases and the early set I think has the Digipacks. Even the Episode Guide is in English.

The picture on the site of the back cover is a mockup and not the actual cover. I think there is a YouTube unboxing video somewhere showing this set.
Thanks for the info.. I will find out on Thur as it is on a UPS truck headed my way as I type.
I know that I have purchased region free movies from other countries both due to cost and availability in the past. Some came with bilingual covers or even Menus.. I have one HD-DVD that has an english sound track but everything else is in the country of origin. But the onscreen menu was easy to figure out as it used symbols (aka: Hexagon Stop Sign) and not text.
Old 08-13-15, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Batman set is no longer under the list of eligible titles
Resellers I suspect have been abusing Amazon Italy's sales promotion for this set. There are a lot of listings for it on eBay at inflated pricing.
Old 08-14-15, 01:09 AM

....The only difference is that some of the sets come with Amaray cases and the early set I think has the Digipacks. Even the Episode Guide is in English.

The picture on the site of the back cover is a mockup and not the actual cover. I think there is a YouTube unboxing video somewhere showing this set.
The set that I received was the Digipack and as you described being in english packaging, have not loaded a disc yet as the disc's do have the European movie rating systems marked on them but other wise the copyright was in english.

I would still like to find a good clean scan of the American/English back splash cover.

I may of paid a few dollars more than waiting for the import direct from overseas.. it was still less than $3 per-disc.
Old 08-14-15, 11:53 AM

I guess I'm misunderstanding or not sure of which scan/picture you need and I can look around.

Something like this (I realize that's probably not high enough res to print)? Or were you wanting a picture of a different part

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg
Thanks that is just what I was looking for.. printed at 300dpi that image will be great!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.