DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   What item you wanted did you miss out on? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/623793-what-item-you-wanted-did-you-miss-out.html)

Easy 11-28-14 08:56 PM

What item you wanted did you miss out on?

I wanted Mr Peabody and Sherman but failed to find it at the $10 price. After failing to get Malificent in an Amazon lightning deal, I just walked into a nearly empty Walmart and snagged one. I'm consoling myself with a Bluecoat Martini and several Blu cheese olives.
What did you miss?

Trevor 11-28-14 09:02 PM

Re: What item you wanted did you miss out on?

I haven't found the killer Xbox One deal I really wanted. Come close on a couple bundles, but just can't make up my mind. But I've bought like six games for it now, so I better bite somewhere.

Might have bought the Malificent LD if I had seen it, but I can wait on it.

asianxcore 11-28-14 09:30 PM

Toe Tag Inc. had some long out of print titles from Massacre Video on DVD.

I must have thought a minute or two long about adding them to my cart because they were gone soon after :(

MooMooMooMoo 11-28-14 09:48 PM

The BB 50" Panasonic for $200. Mind you, I didn't even try to get it...............

Michael Corvin 11-28-14 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12317444)
I wanted Mr Peabody and Sherman but failed to find it at the $10 price.

Give it a rent. You're not missing much.

Myself, I set out to get the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix cassette and got it. The only other thing I wanted was the $4 Lego Movie which I missed out on.

MLBFan24 11-28-14 10:01 PM

I was hoping to see Captain America: Winter Soldier BD on sale (was hoping for below $10), but nothing. Oh well.

IJMSPORT 11-28-14 11:50 PM

Also wanted a sale on the Marvel stuff. That's the only thing I really wanted that didn't happen, though there is always tomorrow.

dougb222 11-29-14 12:32 AM

Could not find Edge of Tomorrw in Blu+DVD at Target ($6), nor at Walmart (hoped to price match). Like it never existed. Everything else in abundance.

mattysemo247 11-29-14 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by dougb222 (Post 12317583)
Could not find Edge of Tomorrw in Blu+DVD at Target ($6), nor at Walmart (hoped to price match). Like it never existed. Everything else in abundance.

Looks like Amazon will have it as a lightning deal later today for $6

JoeySeven 11-29-14 12:55 AM

I wanted Mr Peabody and Sherman but failed to find it at the $10 price. After failing to get Malificent in an Amazon lightning deal, I just walked into a nearly empty Walmart and snagged one. I'm consoling myself with a Bluecoat Martini and several Blu cheese olives.
What did you miss?

If you can find Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD at
Walmart for $9.96.Heres A $5 coupon link.

http://www.coupons.com/coupons/Home-...-Coupons-5478/

I missed out on Fast & Furious 6 movie collection on blu-ray from Target for under $15.Was busy that day,and did not read to much into it,but I believe it was a price mistake,and you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it at that price.

That'sAllFolks 11-29-14 01:00 AM

What did you miss?

Print out the product listing from Walmart.com and try to PM in store. Worked for me ...4.96 + tax otd.

The Cow 11-29-14 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by JoeySeven (Post 12317593)
I missed out on Fast & Furious 6 movie collection on blu-ray from Target for under $15.Was busy that day,and did not read to much into it,but I believe it was a price mistake,and you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it at that price.

No hoops on that one, all that was needed was the cartwheel coupon. I picked it up with no problems at all. :up:

I'm hoping for another deal on Malificent.

Alan Smithee 11-29-14 01:19 AM

I'm waiting for the 3D edition of Peabody and Sherman to go under $20. Mad that they do separate 3D and 2D-only releases, but with Disney's recent stupidity I guess I should be glad they released it in 3D at all. There were a few other titles on sale (like Hercules and Transformers #4) that were cheap in 2D but full price in 3D.

Might have bought the Malificent LD if I had seen it, but I can wait on it.
I'd definitely buy a Malificent LD if I saw one! :) (LD = LaserDisc!)

GreenVulture 11-29-14 01:35 AM

I was sticking to online only sales, but I could have sworn that some of the store flyers were advertising deals for Captain America--both films. Was I imagining that? Was kind of bummed there was no online bargain on either movie, but now I'm starting to wonder if there ever was an in-store one...

popegregFKAgoblin23 11-29-14 01:40 AM

I missed nothing that I was looking for when it came to the big 3 retailers this year.

I'm still hoping Amazon has good price for Twin Peaks.

fumanstan 11-29-14 01:57 AM

I missed Lego Movie for $3.99. I wasn't really aiming to get a lot of movies, but that would have been nice.

jackshc111 11-29-14 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by goblin23 (Post 12317616)
I missed nothing that I was looking for when it came to the big 3 retailers this year.

I'm still hoping Amazon has good price for Twin Peaks.

Family Video . com has Twin Peaks 69.99 with either free shipping (FREESHIP) or $5 off (TAKEFIVE).

adrenaline78 11-29-14 02:05 PM

I probably missed something but I don't know about that, so no loss.

mnementh 11-29-14 03:05 PM

I missed Dallas Buyers Club for $3.99 at Fry's.

rw2516 11-29-14 04:00 PM

Was hoping for but never happened
Exorcist Anthology under $20. I only want 1 &3
Keep looking to get some WB and Paramount classics under $10 (White Heat, Maltese Falcon, Treasure Sierra Madre, Shane, Sunset Blvd)

Strapped4Cash 11-30-14 01:29 AM

Missed nothing, but passed on a few like Newsroom & Boardwalk Empire in case complete series sets are coming. Was hoping for some deals on the ABC TV shows, the latest Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Grimm S3, but maybe they'll show up for CM or in December? Target usually has the ABC stuff on sale mid-December I think.

Easy 11-30-14 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12317596)
Print out the product listing from Walmart.com and try to PM in store. Worked for me ...4.96 + tax otd.

This is exactly what I did in the end, although it had disappeared from their site for a time... Thanks for the coupon link JoeySeven but I didn't try that. The cashier I had acted like I was killing baby seals or something. She wanted to deny me in the worst way but the manager approved it. I can't understand why some employees are like that.

Hazel Motes 11-30-14 05:41 PM

The Chucky Blu Ray collection for less than 30 bucks.

An Olive Films sale.

Hot Fuzz comic book steelbook at Walmart for 6 bucks.

That'sAllFolks 11-30-14 06:54 PM

I guess I didn't really miss anything. Like usual, bought more than I should've, Was kinda hoping for a LD on Batman The Complete 1966 series, but with Amazon's practices this year, I knew that wasn't gonna happen.

About the only thing I might've missed out on is something I didn't know existed until it was mentioned in a Walmart thread at BD.com. It may not ever have been 1.96, since it's not listed that online and the first one is. It seems to be a Russian animated film that may have been the inspiration for Disney's Planes.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wings-Wing...creen/36587620

I got this one (which is just the first one):
http://www.walmart.com/ip/25886463

All in all, a very mediocre BF. Some good deals. I think DD hit it out of the park, followed by FoxConnect and then Walmart or Best Buy. FC would've been just mediocre if they didn't come up with that last BF sale on Thursday, which is something they've never done in the past. I guess this will be known as the year of the 3D Lego movie, even as 2011 was known as the year of the Ben Hur set.

auto 11-30-14 07:06 PM

Gravity blu