Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

VCI discounts and deals

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: 20% Off Code Red/Scorpion Releasing @ Screen Archives & 60% Off VCI Sale

Originally Posted by g
VCI doesn't send any shipping emails or tracking. It just shows up 7 to 10 days later.
Interesting. My first order with them, so am not learned enough of how it works with them. Thanks for the update

EDIT: And just as 'g' said, order was delivered up today 9/14 (12 days after order placement) sans any prior email notification of shipping. More discs to stash away

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 09-14-16 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-17-16, 12:12 AM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 20% Off Code Red/Scorpion Releasing @ Screen Archives & 60% Off VCI Sale

Got my movies from VCI yesterday (the 15th) :-) Placed my order on the 3rd... so it took about 11/12 days.

Last edited by zhorrorfan; 09-17-16 at 12:12 AM. Reason: added company name
Old 12-17-16, 01:00 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
re: VCI discounts and deals

VCI is currently selling the blu ray of A Christmas Carol for $5 plus shipping and handling. Total $9.11.
If you find other things to buy shipping and handling will be less per item. Free Shipping over $50. Still have to pay handling fee of $1.50 per order. Current 50% off coupon does not apply.

https://www.vcientertainment.com/Hol...hristmas-Carol
Old 12-17-16, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
VCI is currently selling the blu ray of A Christmas Carol for $5 plus shipping and handling. Total $9.11.
If you find other things to buy shipping and handling will be less per item. Free Shipping over $50. Still have to pay handling fee of $1.50 per order. Current 50% off coupon does not apply.

https://www.vcientertainment.com/Hol...hristmas-Carol
Their new free shipping minimum is $25. It changed a few months back but I don't think they've changed the text on the cart page to reflect this. If you continue through with the order it changes later.
Old 12-17-16, 08:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Genevieve is a fantastic '50s Brit comedy - one of my favorites of the period, is currently $5. I'd love to see it get a full restoration like a number of Ealing comedies are getting, but $5 is more a great price; some nice bonus features on this one as well. -Peter
Old 12-17-16, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Genevieve is a fantastic '50s Brit comedy - one of my favorites of the period, is currently $5. I'd love to see it get a full restoration like a number of Ealing comedies are getting, but $5 is more a great price; some nice bonus features on this one as well. -Peter
It's actually even less than $5. The code seems to be discounting things even further, although for sale items the amounts seem fairly random. I picked up Genevieve blu-ray, the Zorro serial collection, Flash Gordon serial, Santa Claus blu-ray, the 70s horror DVD box set, Lil Abner, and a Hayward double feature for just over $27 shipped. I think this is the best sale they have ever had. Too bad many of their titles are MIA from the website. Their 8 film noir box, Prowler blu-ray, and a few other items of interest to me are nowhere to be found.
Old 12-17-16, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by JasonX
It's actually even less than $5. The code seems to be discounting things even further, although for sale items the amounts seem fairly random. I picked up Genevieve blu-ray, the Zorro serial collection, Flash Gordon serial, Santa Claus blu-ray, the 70s horror DVD box set, Lil Abner, and a Hayward double feature for just over $27 shipped. I think this is the best sale they have ever had. Too bad many of their titles are MIA from the website. Their 8 film noir box, Prowler blu-ray, and a few other items of interest to me are nowhere to be found.
what code ?
Old 12-17-16, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
what code ?
Save 50% off of everything* on the website through the end of the year. Use coupon code "SANTA50" at check out. The Santa Claus Sale will end at midnight, January 2, 2017.

Start Shopping Now

(*all titles in the "Holiday Specials" & "VCI Exclusives" categories are excluded.)

Sorry, I didn't see this was a bump of an old thread. It seems to be discounting Specials, despite what it says (although not by 50%).
Old 12-17-16, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by JasonX
Save 50% off of everything* on the website through the end of the year. Use coupon code "SANTA50" at check out. The Santa Claus Sale will end at midnight, January 2, 2017.

Start Shopping Now

(*all titles in the "Holiday Specials" & "VCI Exclusives" categories are excluded.)

Sorry, I didn't see this was a bump of an old thread. It seems to be discounting Specials, despite what it says (although not by 50%).
thank you.

EDIT: Indeed, that's one strange coupon. Got the below for $30 shipped (granted the BD's are all substandard encodes):
FLYING DEUCES, THE (BD)
BULLET FOR SANDOVAL, A (DVD)
SUSAN HAYWARD Double Feature (DVD)
ROMEO & JULIET (BLU-RAY)
GENEVIEVE (BLU-RAY)
CHRISTMAS CAROL, A - 60TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION (BD)
CAMPBELL'S KINGDOM (BLU-RAY)
CLASSIC FILM NOIR Double Feature VOL 1 (DVD)

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 12-18-16 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-18-16, 12:55 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Apparently there is an error with their system but it seems pretty random. Sometimes when you refresh a page or add or delete something after applying the code it takes away some of the discount for items still in the cart. The banner for Classic Holiday Specials Movies says price as listed no further discounts but on some (most?) of these items you get a discount with code.
Old 04-14-17, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Easter sale. 50% off + free shipping after $25

Code: BUNNY50
Old 04-14-17, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Anything worth owning off that website?
Old 04-15-17, 06:36 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I'm finding a ton of stuff I want, but can't get the coupon to work. Pretty sure at least half my cart isn't on the exclusion list.
Old 04-15-17, 12:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm finding a ton of stuff I want, but can't get the coupon to work. Pretty sure at least half my cart isn't on the exclusion list.
The coupon should take 50% off the SRP, not the web price, although I don't recall if that has always been consistent. They have at times excluded VCI Exclusives and Collections.

I was happy to get the blu ray of What the Peeper Saw a while back, although I still haven't got around to watching it. I didn't order it immediately because it was excluded from the coupon as a VCI Exclusive, then the blu ray was unavailable on the site and drawing high prices on ebay, then it reappeared on the VCI site and was now coupon eligible.

Seems like VCI Exclusives are presently excluded, although that exclusion is limited to the sets that bundle movies that are available individually, so the sets are still a good deal.

Last edited by ororama; 04-15-17 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-15-17, 01:11 PM

Well then the web price must be exactly 50% of the SRP, because the coupon doesn't take a penny off of my dozen or so titles (most not in the exclusives section). Tried a couple browsers, maybe I'll try IE next time I'm at a computer.
Old 04-15-17, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Well then the web price must be exactly 50% of the SRP, because the coupon doesn't take a penny off of my dozen or so titles (most not in the exclusives section). Tried a couple browsers, maybe I'll try IE next time I'm at a computer.
Strange. They are very good about doing a phone order if you can't get the coupon to work properly. They have given me the coupon discount a couple of times when I tried to order on the last night of the sale, couldn't get the coupon to work, sent them an email and then ordered by phone.
Old 04-15-17, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

main thing i want is the new Karloff set; that doesn't qualify. I'll hit the next sale.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 04-15-17 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-16-17, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ororama
Strange. They are very good about doing a phone order if you can't get the coupon to work properly. They have given me the coupon discount a couple of times when I tried to order on the last night of the sale, couldn't get the coupon to work, sent them an email and then ordered by phone.
Thanks, might try that.
Old 04-16-17, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
main thing i want is the new Karloff set; that doesn't qualify. I'll hit the next sale.
I assume you noticed it's a DVD-R?

There were a handful of VCI titles that I still wanted to purchase, but most of them left when Kit Parker started his own manufacturing/distribution business at http://thesprocketvault.com .
Old 04-16-17, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by thetao
I assume you noticed it's a DVD-R?

There were a handful of VCI titles that I still wanted to purchase, but most of them left when Kit Parker started his own manufacturing/distribution business at http://thesprocketvault.com .

Oops, I didn't notice. Thank you.

That also explains the email I got from Sprocket the same day that was nothing but VCI titles at higher prices!
Old 04-17-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That makes me glad I picked up the Kit Parker titles I wanted long ago during another sale. Considering the prices I paid it was likely during a inventory clearance right when the titles were leaving VCI.

That also explains why the Jerry Warren titles jumped in price at Amazon...
Old 04-17-17, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
That makes me glad I picked up the Kit Parker titles I wanted long ago during another sale. Considering the prices I paid it was likely during a inventory clearance right when the titles were leaving VCI.

That also explains why the Jerry Warren titles jumped in price at Amazon...
Me too!
Old 04-17-17, 11:16 PM

I still want roughly 2 DVD's, plus the new "Mysterious Airman" silent serial. Hopefully sprocketvault will have occasional sales, too. FYI, some of their titles are DVD-R, but they don't list which ones. Gonna try prodding them to make this distinction.
Old 04-18-17, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That would be nice.
Old 04-22-17, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

VCI 50% off MSRP - Ends 5/1/17

http://www.vcientertainment.com/Film-Categories

Coupon Code: SPRING50

50% off the MSRP (NOT the "web price") of almost everything.

New releases and "Lost & Found" are the only listed category exclusions this time out.

I verified a couple of the "VCI Exclusive" titles work with the coupon as I know this category is often excluded and one many people want.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 04-22-17 at 12:04 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.