Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

TCM Shop - Halloween Limited Deluxe set 15-disc $19.98 & Many More Deals + Shipping

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

TCM Shop - Halloween Limited Deluxe set 15-disc $19.98 & Many More Deals + Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: TCM Shop - Halloween Limited Deluxe set 15-disc $19.98 & Many More Deals + Shippi

I don't know if they can actually retroactively charge your account this late in the game now. The cc company holds the pending transaction in "limbo" for 3 days or so and if it doesn't get processed by the 3rd day then it comes off. I'm sure all the CC companies and money facilitators like paypal have different policies but I don't think they can do it if a lot of time has passed after the fact.
Old 10-01-14, 10:25 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: TCM Shop - Halloween Limited Deluxe set 15-disc $19.98 & Many More Deals + Shippi

Right...it dropped of for me. But eventually TCM is going to balance their books and see that they shipped out X number of units, and didn't charge anybody. They'll most likely charge us when that happens, if they have the record somewhere.
Old 10-01-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I don't know if they can actually retroactively charge your account this late in the game now. The cc company holds the pending transaction in "limbo" for 3 days or so and if it doesn't get processed by the 3rd day then it comes off. I'm sure all the CC companies and money facilitators like paypal have different policies but I don't think they can do it if a lot of time has passed after the fact.
It all depends on the company they use for credit card processing. I remember working at a small computer company that had had a lot of turnover and one of my jobs was to find all the people who got shipped things but were never charged. It was never anything more than a year out but I did get some nasty phone calls after finally charging some of those people.
Old 10-01-14, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Oh yea for sure. I wouldn't. I'd gladly pay the $25 3 months from now... but reading through the blu-ray.com forum the last couple of days, it just shows the amount of bottom feeding assclowns out there. You know someone will...
I'm sure they will... hopefully they get the right steely customer service person, and not one cowed by recent complaints...

(And apologies - should have been a "present company (presumably) excepted" caveat there! )
Old 10-01-14, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
There could also be liability issues, since theoretically they'll have all the payment details from when the order was placed, so even if the hold has lapsed they could just run them again... but with extra security these days after hacking scandals, they may decide (or be required) to delete information after a certain amount of time (or immediately after charging it). Could be sticky.
Old 10-01-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Twitter guy still makes the Blu-ray.com weirdos look reasonable by comparison.

He's updated his "about me." Apparently he's a consumer rights advocate now.
Old 10-01-14, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in as somebody that had a mystery box from TCM show in his mailbox despite their canceling of my order. Now should they figure out they shipped my order after all, since they cancelled it, I would expect at least a heads up that they are going to resubmit my order and charge me. And then I can make sure it's just the price error cost vs. the full price of the set.

But if I was to guess, I suspect those that received them despite the cancellations got them at 100% off.

And all that said, If anybody is interested in the digibook release of the first movie, and the copies of the II and III from this set, I'll have them posted in the for trade area. I already had those three long before receiving by gift box from TCM.
Old 10-01-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

I continue to check my mail daily...and nothing.

I'll probably be checking it daily for the rest of my life.
Old 10-02-14, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I still have a pending charge on my credit card, even though my order was canceled. That shit better fall off soon.
Old 10-02-14, 08:29 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I still have a pending charge on my credit card, even though my order was canceled. That shit better fall off soon.
Yea... that should have fallen off by now...
Old 10-02-14, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Count me in as somebody that had a mystery box from TCM show in his mailbox despite their canceling of my order. Now should they figure out they shipped my order after all, since they cancelled it, I would expect at least a heads up that they are going to resubmit my order and charge me. And then I can make sure it's just the price error cost vs. the full price of the set.

But if I was to guess, I suspect those that received them despite the cancellations got them at 100% off.

And all that said, If anybody is interested in the digibook release of the first movie, and the copies of the II and III from this set, I'll have them posted in the for trade area. I already had those three long before receiving by gift box from TCM.
What was your shipping option? I chose the cheapest ($4.99). I'm curious because if you chose the same then I want to get myself worked up about scoring a box set too.
Old 10-02-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

I got a box in the mail today. I'm serious when I say I had a certain giddiness over the possibility that it just might be that I received the set as well.

Then I recalled winning something on ebay a few days ago.
Old 10-02-14, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
What was your shipping option? I chose the cheapest ($4.99). I'm curious because if you chose the same then I want to get myself worked up about scoring a box set too.
I chose the cheapest option. It came via US Mail vs. the many that had them come via UPS.

Now I'm wondering if I'll get the Marvel - Agents of Shield BD I ordered at the same time that also got "cancelled". hmmmm...

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-07-14 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-07-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still have a pending charge on my card from 9/22 from these assholes. I guess it's not really hurting anything since it's not actually a charge, it's just annoying to see under my activity when I log in. If it doesn't drop off in the next couple weeks, I'll buzz them to see if they can get it removed.
Old 10-08-14, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

No charge on mine.
Old 10-08-14, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I still have a pending charge on my card from 9/22 from these assholes. I guess it's not really hurting anything since it's not actually a charge, it's just annoying to see under my activity when I log in. If it doesn't drop off in the next couple weeks, I'll buzz them to see if they can get it removed.
Mine just dropped off yesterday.
Old 10-08-14, 11:34 PM

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Mine just dropped off yesterday.
Dear lord. I hope that you're talking about the pending charge.
Old 10-09-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Dear lord. I hope that you're talking about the pending charge.
Maybe he's been eating too much gluten.
Old 10-09-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Maybe he's been eating too much gluten.
Old 10-09-14, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally it's gone

Just an FYI, it looks like they automatically store your credit card in your account. You have to log in and go under account settings to remove it.
Old 10-10-14, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
I chose the cheapest option. It came via US Mail vs. the many that had them come via UPS.
It sounds like they actually shipped out their entire stock on several/all the mispriced items before cancelling everything that then became backordered. So for all the complaints elsewhere about cancellations (and not getting something-for-nothing), they probably will still take a big hit over this.

I presume the inevitable losses are unlinked to the news that Turner Media is laying off staff......
Old 10-10-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ntnon
It sounds like they actually shipped out their entire stock on several/all the mispriced items before cancelling everything that then became backordered.
How they determined what to ship still doesn't make sense. I placed my order well before it hit SD and Blu-ray.com and I still got canceled, whereas dex14 got his and Why So Blu? still received one of his items.
Old 10-10-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
How they determined what to ship still doesn't make sense. I placed my order well before it hit SD and Blu-ray.com and I still got canceled, whereas dex14 got his and Why So Blu? still received one of his items.
Much of their fulfillment process is handled by a third-party company. They had little control over certain items getting filled once an order was placed.
Old 10-11-14, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Much of their fulfillment process is handled by a third-party company. They had little control over certain items getting filled once an order was placed.
That sounds right. Maybe geographic factors, too...?
Old 10-11-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ntnon
That sounds right. Maybe geographic factors, too...?
Exactly. I their process run like the others I have seen, orders at the distribution center get automatically released to the floor when there is stock and the other factors (geography, carrier, etc.) have been met. So they probably all shipped until the actual shipping hold came from TCM. Which was obviously separate from the order cancellation process.