Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

3D Captain America at Target 19.99

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-14, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 3D Captain America at Target 19.99

So you can redeem the digital copy on vudu or some other providers besides target ticket you just will miss that one feature?
Old 09-12-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
There is a 10% off cartwheel coupon that expires on the 13th.
Thanks for this. It wasn't there when I checked on release day. I had told myself I was going to wait, but this pushed me over the edge to get it now.
Old 09-13-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Are you sure you were looking at the 3D release? The 2D release doesn't come with any slipcover.
Yep, it was the 3D version. Somebody had raped the entire section. It was devoid of all slip covers, even the normal one. This is why I'm thinking an employee or a manager did it. Not sure what is to gain other than preventing people from asking "do you have this one?"

Stopped by a Walmart "in the sticks" while out working today ... They only had 2 copies, both with the normal slipcover. Decided to make one more stop at another store near my office and hit the mother lode. They had numerous copies of all 5 covers for $19.96 (each, of course). Now I can go home and ogle my Black Widow slip cover. Victory is mine.
Old 09-13-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by sn9ke_eyes
So you can redeem the digital copy on vudu or some other providers besides target ticket you just will miss that one feature?
Yes, since it is not a UV copy redeem it on the service you most use. Bypassing Target Ticket loses you a short featurette that will likely show up on YouTube anyway.
Old 09-14-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Disney codes (which now also include anything from Marvel) are not UV- the ones I've redeemed ask you to pick just ONE provider (Vudu and a few others) and it then only shows up on that one. If you pick Target Ticket, that's the only way you'll be able to play it - and of course Target Ticket doesn't even have 5.1 sound.
Can anyone confirm this? I don't really understand the ins and outs (and the various places have done a terrible job of explaining it), but I've redeemed things via Vudu, Universal, Fox, Flixster and another that escapes me - and they are ALL (bar a couple of Trek things) on Vudu and Flixster. Is that not normal...?
Old 09-14-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
Can anyone confirm this? I don't really understand the ins and outs (and the various places have done a terrible job of explaining it), but I've redeemed things via Vudu, Universal, Fox, Flixster and another that escapes me - and they are ALL (bar a couple of Trek things) on Vudu and Flixster. Is that not normal...?
It's normal if it's an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. Disney doesn't do UV. So with their "Digital HD" digital copies, wherever you redeem it is the only place you get to use it.
Old 09-14-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A movie shows up at all retailers if it is Ultraviolet (UV) AND that specific retailer carries the movie. By retailer I mean Flixster, VUDU, CinemaNow, TargetTicket, etc.

If it is not UV then it shows up ONLY at the retailer where the digital code is redeemed.

Disney is not a UV participant so the movie shows up ONLY at the retailer where it is redeemed. You can however get a copy in iTunes after you redeem the movie at your retailer of choice. Join the Disney movie rewards club and sign up an account for Disney movies anywhere. Link your iTunes account with your Disney movie anywhere account. Now when you redeem your Disney movie reward club code (it is the same as the digital copy code) it will automatically place a copy of the movie in your Disney movie anywhere account and it should show up in your iTunes account.

So for Capt. America, I redeemed the code at VUDU and then on the Disney movie rewards site. So I have a VUDU copy, Disney movies anywhere copy and a HD iTunes copy.
Old 09-14-14, 08:49 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Disney is not a UV participant so the movie shows up ONLY at the retailer where it is redeemed. You can however get a copy in iTunes after you redeem the movie at your retailer of choice. Join the Disney movie rewards club and sign up an account for Disney movies anywhere. Link your iTunes account with your Disney movie anywhere account. Now when you redeem your Disney movie reward club code (it is the same as the digital copy code) it will automatically place a copy of the movie in your Disney movie anywhere account and it should show up in your iTunes account.

So for Capt. America, I redeemed the code at VUDU and then on the Disney movie rewards site. So I have a VUDU copy, Disney movies anywhere copy and a HD iTunes copy.

Oh man, I didn't know this! I have been using my Disney codes to get the iTunes copies (and Disney Anywhere), but I can also do Vudu? Awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-14-14, 11:31 PM

Looks like similar type of promo for Godzilla 3D steelbook at Best Buy - for $14.99 with the purchase of any tv title $14.99 and up. If they keep doing this, I'll be running out of tv shows to buy soon enough
Old 09-15-14, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
It's normal if it's an Ultraviolet Digital Copy. Disney doesn't do UV. So with their "Digital HD" digital copies, wherever you redeem it is the only place you get to use it.
Oh, right. It's the UV bit that's everywhere. That makes (some!) sense, thanks - and to SoonerDoc for the full explanation.

(It all seems very messy - doing codes for the Ice Age (Fox) films gave me five iTunes and one in UV as well... weird.)
Old 09-15-14, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
My nearest Walmart had a shit ton of the exclusive slipcovers Wednesday. Maybe it's just because it's out in the sticks, but I really don't see the people that shop at that Walmart going apeshit over exclusive slipcovers. Most can barely tell the difference between a DVD and a blu-ray.
Went back to the same Walmart today (Sunday) and they only three exclusive slipcovers left - one Nick Fury and two Black Widows. The regular 2D blus and DVDs looked really picked over, too. I would wager that they sold about 75% to 80% of their stock of this title in the first week.
Old 09-15-14, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by teameck
Oh man, I didn't know this! I have been using my Disney codes to get the iTunes copies (and Disney Anywhere), but I can also do Vudu? Awesome! Thanks!
Its even better. If you have old nonHD copies of some of these in your itunes account, when you link up itunes and disney movies anywhere, it will automatically upgrade your itunes versions to HD if they are HD in disney movie anywhere. If I remember, once accounts are linked, you have to sign out of itunes and sign back in for the upgrade to take effect.

When I linked mine, it upgraded the first thor, capt america, iron man 2 and several other of my SD itunes movies to HD. Nice bonus.
Old 09-15-14, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you link accounts? I was looking, as that was interesting to read but can't figure out where to do it.
Old 09-15-14, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once you have both DMA and iTunes accounts, sign into your dma account through a web browser. In the upper right corner there is a settings icon that looks like a cogwheel. Click on that and on the left hand side one of the options should be connect accounts. iTunes should be listed. Follow the instructions. Don't forget to sign out of iTunes and sign back in again to have your movies upgraded to HD.
Old 09-15-14, 08:00 PM

Very good info. Which should be a thread on its own. Must remember to reference this thread once I get to do my VUDUs et al, w/c I really haven't gotten into. I think some have expiry dates of end of year so hopefully I don't miss out....
Old 09-15-14, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by DVDGamer
Very good info. Which should be a thread on its own. Must remember to reference this thread once I get to do my VUDUs et al, w/c I really haven't gotten into. I think some have expiry dates of end of year so hopefully I don't miss out....
Don't be complacent, but I redeemed three things that had "expired" (one by about 9 months) without any trouble. The expiration date COULD be a caveat (do it soon, just in case) rather than a rule (you will lose out).
Old 09-18-14, 10:36 PM

A movie shows up at all retailers if it is Ultraviolet (UV) AND that specific retailer carries the movie. By retailer I mean Flixster, VUDU, CinemaNow, TargetTicket, etc.

If it is not UV then it shows up ONLY at the retailer where the digital code is redeemed.

This doesn't seem to be working for me I have a DMA account and a bunch of movies in there, including Marvel movies. Only 2 movies appear in my iTunes account: Captain America and Iron Man 2.

Movies that DON'T appear in iTunes but are in DMA are: Avengers, Thor 2 and a bunch of other Disney & Pixar movies. Is there a way to get these into iTunes or is it too late? Can I somehow get these in Flixster or VUDU? I have both, but I am new to this and am more used to Flixster.
Old 09-19-14, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by JTKenobi
This doesn't seem to be working for me I have a DMA account and a bunch of movies in there, including Marvel movies. Only 2 movies appear in my iTunes account: Captain America and Iron Man 2.

Movies that DON'T appear in iTunes but are in DMA are: Avengers, Thor 2 and a bunch of other Disney & Pixar movies. Is there a way to get these into iTunes or is it too late? Can I somehow get these in Flixster or VUDU? I have both, but I am new to this and am more used to Flixster.
You'll only get them in iTunes if you have the code from a disc that includes a digital copy (which not all Avengers and Thors do - and many Disney/Pixar releases don't either). So if you have them added to you DMRewards account and don't have a digital copy, that's probably why.

If you DO have them as digitial/DMAnywhere, but not in iTunes, you'll need to log in and out (and/or make sure your iTunes account is linked), as walked-through elsewhere - or call/e-mail DMA support. If you need to contact them, they've been very helpful in the past.

For Vudu/Flixster copies, you need to return to your original inserts and check the "Digital (HD) redeption" steps - sometimes it's the DMR/DMA code, sometimes a unique one.
Old 09-19-14, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe this is correct. All of the movies that were already in my iTunes account and nonHD (iron man 2, first thor, first capt America) were digital copies that I had the code AND digital copy disc and I had already redeemed them through itunes. These are the movies that upgraded to HD.

Do you have them redeemed in your Disney movie reward account for point redemption? You should be able to see the codes there and redeem in iTunes if you have the digital copy disc you should be able to redeem in iTunes with the code and disc (if not expired).
Old 09-24-14, 03:19 PM

I had the same issues where Avengers was missing from my account. I had some back and forth with their support department until I realized the version I bought didn't come with a digital copy.
Old 10-01-14, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by anassot
I had to go to CS to get them to adjust the price but they did it for me.
Good
Old 10-03-14, 04:20 PM

You'll only get them in iTunes if you have the code from a disc that includes a digital copy (which not all Avengers and Thors do - and many Disney/Pixar releases don't either). So if you have them added to you DMRewards account and don't have a digital copy, that's probably why.

If you DO have them as digitial/DMAnywhere, but not in iTunes, you'll need to log in and out (and/or make sure your iTunes account is linked), as walked-through elsewhere - or call/e-mail DMA support. If you need to contact them, they've been very helpful in the past.

For Vudu/Flixster copies, you need to return to your original inserts and check the "Digital (HD) redeption" steps - sometimes it's the DMR/DMA code, sometimes a unique one.
OK, after changing some settings in iTunes, I can now see all my movies from DMA in iTunes. Yippee.

These were the steps:

1. Open iTunes
2. On a PC: Select “Edit” from the Toolbar; On a Mac: Select “iTunes” from the Toolbar
3. Select “Preferences”
4. Select the “Store” Tab
5. Check the box labeled “Show ITunes in the Cloud purchases” and select “OK”

Seriously, why would there even be a setting to NOT show your purchases?? Silly. Thanks!
Old 10-03-14, 05:03 PM

Sorry, but one more question about this. So even after you redeemed your code at VUDU, the same code still worked for DMA? I would have thought the code expired after you used it on the VUDU site. How about if you do that in reverse? Are my DMR codes still good at other sites potentially even though I already redeemed from DMR?

I haven't opened my CAP2 set, but when I do, I want to maximize that code!
Old 10-03-14, 10:45 PM

Sorry, but one more question about this. So even after you redeemed your code at VUDU, the same code still worked for DMA? I would have thought the code expired after you used it on the VUDU site. How about if you do that in reverse? Are my DMR codes still good at other sites potentially even though I already redeemed from DMR?

DMR (Disney Movie REWARDS) isn't technically a video site, so you should be fine redeeming it with VUDU (or whomever first*). DMR is for your Disney points, as a reward for buying Disney product - just as the same DMR code for Marvel films will also now usually get you free stuff (or an offer for ludicrously overpriced stuffed toys...) at Marvel.com whichever order you enter the code in. It's not one code, it's a code that can be used for three things: digital copy (wherever you like), DMR points for being a Disney customer and Marvel stuff for buying Marvel.

However, the confusion - and benefit! - comes in because entering your DMR code from a 'Digital Copy included' disc gives you a BONUS FREE DIGITAL COPY at DMA (Disney Movies Anywhere). Simply as an integrated-Disney super bonus (albeit designed presumably to keep you on their websites).

More confusion - and greater benefit! - comes in because DMA can be merged with iTunes, whereby for some crazy-but-great reason (maybe Disney have Apple shares because of Pixar/Jobs?), ANYTHING YOU REDEEM THROUGH DMR TO DMA, WILL ALSO TURN UP FREE IN iTUNES!**

As to whether DMR codes will still get VUDU copies - broadly, yes. IF it's a DMR code from a digital-included disc, and IF there isn't a separate "digital copy code," and (presumably) IF you didn't accidentally redeem it with iTunes before DMR, then: YES. They should. (If VUDU have the films, which they probably will.)

I think that's right. Does it make sense..?!

*But if you remain at all concerned, just do the DMR bit first.
**Also, if you buy the non-Disney releases of Thor and Cap that come with a digital copy and redeem it at iTunes, it will seemlessly pop up in DMA. No VUDU free there, but even so...!
Old 10-05-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The code when redeemed through digital copy plus allows redemption at one site. Vudu or iTunes or flixster or cinema now or wherever. It is NOT UV so wherever you redeem it that is the only place you will see it.

The same code is used for disney movie rewards. As ntnon said it just so happens that it puts copy in dma when you redeem dmr and it just so happens that if you link dma and itunes it puts a copy in iTunes. .

I would redeem the digital copy at vudu first and then redeem through dmr/dma/itunes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.